Boston Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.6

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, 2 case interviews with 5-10 mins personality and behavioural questions with the other 20 mins focused on a case that was interviewee led, two different interviewers at different levels in the company and left time for questions at the end

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and case interview questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2019.

Interview

The worst interview process I've ever been through. One phone interview with recruiter, another phone interview with a senior manager, another phone interview after that with a mid level manager, and then a super day of 4 interviews plus a skills test that was complete bs. Was told I'd find out in the next two days if they'd give me an offer but it ended up being more than a month later despite frequent communication with the recruiter and continual radio silence, but the real cherry on top here was that they'd taken down the job posting during the interview process, but then posted almost the exact same job AFTER my final interview and proceeded to make me wait a month before telling me they found someone else. Was strung along on the interview process for almost 4 months!!

Interview Questions

• What are some common trading multiples?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2019.

Interview

After submitting my application, I completed a Pymetrics test. I then had my first- and second-round interviews at the office. I have been told that this was the first year the first-round was held at the office rather than on my campus.
    The overall process was very positive.

Interview Questions

• - Typical case interviews
      - What is one thing you would change about your time at university?
      - Can you describe a time in which it was difficult to work as a team?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of two case interviews conducted by two different people. Each case interview was preceded by some behavioral questions. Each lasted about 30 minutes. The second round consisted of the same format.

Interview Questions

• What from you academic experience may help you in this role?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2018.

Interview

30 min phone screen. The HR went through resume and confirmed about major and school. She asked about strengths and weakness and to emphasize this is a analyst position instead of consultant.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Haven, CT (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First round was two relatively easy cases. Final round was two more cases. One doable, one very difficult, without any help from interviewer. Preparing for these types of interviews in essential.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Haven, CT (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Case Interview process along with a behavioral interview conducted on campus to determine knowledge and background in economics and finance. This process occurred over a 1 day interview period. It was challenging but enjoyable to work with the interviewer to arrive at the case solution.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2017.

Interview

A simple phone screen. Recruiter was cold, and unfriendly. Questions were vague and there didn't really seem to be a lot of thought put behind them. Then rapid-fire questions over my pay and benefits of my current position, almost as if I was trying to be tripped up. All this with a tone of disbelief. Made me think twice about applying to BCG again - if this was a glimpse into how HR approaches staff, I'd like a company that views their employees as human capital that should be valued, rather than adversaries. I left feeling like the latter.

Interview Questions

• Go through your whole CV from the time you left college   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Informal chat at a cafe, one analyst shared his experience and answered any questions we raised about working opportunity in BCG. It is very informal and comfortable. This may help candidate know better than giving a presentation alone.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Really important to network beforehand. Very hard to secure an interview without getting to know the people in the office you want to work in. The interview is devided into 2 parts: fit, and case. The fit part should be about 10-15 minutes. You will need to walk the consultant through your resume, and answer question about your background. The case is a straight up consulting case.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that is not on your resume   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.