Boston Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Associate Consultant

Boston Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2020.

Interview

2 rounds. First round was one interview (which consisted of behavioral and case) and an online case. Second round was 2 interviews with partners. The partner interviews were more focused on your personality/character/drive than the case.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Overall the hiring process was great until my final interview with the partner. He really didn't give me a lot of opportunity to demonstrate my skills and I feel like his questions were really out of left field. All my other interviews were extremely positive so my feeling is that his impression had a significant impact on the result of the interview.

The notification after the interview wasn't great. The recruiter called me in a rush to tell me I wasn't being extended an offer and was clearly in a hurry to get off the phone, even when I tried to ask about feedback. It took her a while to get back to me, but we had a fairly constructive conversation over a month after my final interview about how I could improve. Overall, I appreciate her time but it would've been helpful earlier on so I wasn't so far removed from the experience.

All in all, a good interview process and they do a lot to make you comfortable and the people are incredibly nice. Just be prepared for it to not go exactly as you expect, especially with the partners.

Interview Questions

• How should this company respond to their competitor's pricing change?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

First-round interview conducted over Skype with two consultants; 45 minutes back-to-back. Received a decision round notification the next business day. I flew to the office and met with two partners in a similar format to the first round. I received an offer the business day after my decision round. Overall, I had an extremely positive experience meeting with both consultants and partners.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, two first round interviews. The first phone interview is HR related question to see if you are a good fit for the type of job. The two first round interviews go through two cases with some fit questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      What makes you interested in consulting?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

I was kept waiting for about 40 minutes. I loved the first interview, but hated the second. It had a lot to do with the work culture of the country the second interviewer is from. I know this because I lived and worked there all my life before recently moving to the US for a Master's degree.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was first contacted via email in January, though I cold-applied in August. The interview was scheduled in March, and was the typical two candidate-led cases with Associate Consultants. HR was extremely defunct as they scheduled the hotel reservation for the wrong date until I caught their mistake. The feedback and result were supposed to be communicated within two business days; however, it took nearly 3 weeks. They mentioned other opportunities that would be available for me after I was recommended not to move forward; however, they did not have any details nor did they follow-up after my numerous attempts to contact them. Finally, they did not fully reimburse me for my travels.

Interview Questions

• What is one leadership position you have held, and how could you have led that organization differently? Why are you interested in XYZ (Skills/Interest part of Resume)?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2019.

Interview

The in person interview process consists of two visits to the BCG office. My first interview was with two project leaders and consisted of two case interviews back to back.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round interview is two back-to-back 45-minute interviews. Behavioral and case with a focus on case. I got two pharma cases that were more quantitative and chart-heavy. One case was more difficult than the other. The interviewers were very friendly and patient, though- not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and encountered a conflict.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Met with an interviewer on campus to learn more about the company and was asked to apply through their online platform. Invited for an interview in their Denver office and met with two consultants at the firm to go over cases.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

It's your basic consulting process, a mix of behavioral and case interview questions. The interviewers were incredibly nice and allowed for a very comfortable discussion throughout. The case interviews took up the most time, and although they watch the clock, it's up to you to be confident in your pacing and be able to move it forward when you have to, but also take a moment to gather your thoughts when you need to.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? (They will always ask this or "Why BCG")   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.