Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

First-round interviews were on-campus and consisted of two 45-minute interviews. Interviews consisted of the usual behavioral questions followed by a case. The second case was very math-intensive. Interviewers were somewhat friendly but not the kind of people I would want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Tough but manageable cases. Very dependent on the mood of your interviewer. Even if you ace all the cases, if one interviewer doesn't LOVE you you will not get an offer (words direct from the HR Director). Seems arbitrary, but they have had a lot of success in the past so who are we to question their methods. Do LOTS of case prep and know your behavioral answers cold before you go in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you swayed the opinions of others.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I passed round 1 (which consisted of two case interviews with Consultants). The interviews were on Monday and on Wednesday they called me and said that I got into the final round. However, this was scheduled already for Friday, so I did not have much time to prepare. The final round consisted of three interviews with Partners. I did not pass one of those three interviews (I was told that I needed too much guidance), so I did not get the offer... Overall, it was a pleasant experience. The only downside was the short amount of time that I had to prepare for the final round...

Interview Questions

• Profit case in construction industry.   1 Answer
    • New product case.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

2 back-to-back 45-minute interviews with project leaders on campus. One focused on whether or not an asset mgmt firm should expand into China, one focused on joint-product development. Fair mix of quantitative/qualitative. One interviewer was very confusing in explaining problem correctly and did not give me necessary data, so I did not do as well as I could have and as not invited back for second round.

Interview Questions

• Should asset mgmt company expand into China if their stock market indices are growing by 80% a year while the american indices are growing at only 5%   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewers were very nice. However I'm still waiting for response. I heard people usually get called the same evening or next day, but it's been 4 days and I haven't heard anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

First interviewed on campus. Two one on one interviews with Consultants and Case Team Leaders. Started with a couple fit questions and then a case. These cases were pretty quant heavy. There were many exhibitions that required the candidate to to analyze graphs and PnL statements.

Was called back for decision round interviews that evening, which took place the next day in the Boston Office. Those interviews consisted of 3 one on one interviews with mostly parters. Two were case interviews and one was fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you choose members of your team? What attributes do you look for?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

1st round - Two 45-min interviews (10 min behavioral, 30 min case, 5 min Q&A)
    Final Round - Three 45-min interviews (same format)

Practice practice practice cases - BCG cases are probably the toughest out of MBB. At the end of the day, a strong behavioral will help but it won't carry you to an offer. Interviews don't have to be perfect, but you have to be solid/strong on all 5 cases in order to get it.

Think out loud, structure everything, hypothesize then verify/negate with data, synthesize well, provide risks/next steps.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

I went to the NY office for the first round of interviews. It was two 1:1 interviews with the first 10-15 minutes focusing on "fit" questions while the next 30-40 mins focused on a business case.
    The first 1:1 went really well - aced both parts of the interview. However the next 1:1 didn't go as smoothly, solely because I don't think we got a good feeling for each other. She seemed rather tired and bored (interviewed 5 candidates in one day).

Interview Questions

• This X company would like to expand its business to Y business and they will only do it if they can make profit....should they go ahead with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Graduate Associate position at BCG. Typical case studies, first round was very basic business situations, 1) 1 outsourcing telephone line repair services for a Telecoms company, a lot of basic math. 2) A bit more abstract and strategy case consisting of heavy metals industry and their future strategy. Final round was a mixed bag, in the end it came to screwing up one case study and therefore no job offer. If I had to do it over, I think I would have

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

2 cases on campus; 2 final round cases and 1 fit interview. Everyone was friendly, but that meant they let you keep on talking even if you were going in the wrong direction in the case. focus on the big picture don't go on tangents

Interview Questions

• Steel company is facing declining profits and thinking of acquiring a competitor. How would you evaluate the situation   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.