Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was selected and completed a typical case interview. The process was alike to any of the major consulting firm processes. The interviewer was kind and clearly liked selecting the next wave of associates.

Interview Questions

• Incredibly standard case, not terribly difficult if you were prepared.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 rounds, 2 interviews each, 45 min per interview with 15 minutes behavioral and 30 minute cases
    First round is with senior consultants from any office, second round is with partners from the office you’ve applied to

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Staff was friendly and information was provided about interviewers upon arrival. Associates greeted us. One of my interviewers was almost 30 minutes late and the front desk left before validating my parking - logistics could have been smoother. Feedback was not given if don't progress through next round, even though they pride themselves on feedback culture.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Virtual interviews now - 1x online case 30 minutes, 1x mixed behavioral + case 45 minutes. Case is ~30 mins, behavioral is ~10 mins, 5 minutes for Q&A. Second round now includes a written case - be ready for it.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Main application submission, first round case interview, final round case interview. I only got to the first round interview and didn't get the final round. The first round was two case interviews back-to-back. The cases themselves were okay, not too challenging nor too easy. Having them back to back was what made it difficult.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth. I applied through university and interviewed on campus for the first round. I got invited to a second round at their Boston office with a partner and a principal and got called back a couple of days later by the recruiting manager.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I only did the first round interview with two consultants. I think they gave interviews about a project that they worked on. Nevertheless, I was surprised to find out that the two interviewers had different standards. In my feedback, one interviewer said that my framework was very MECE and detailed, but the other interviewer said that my framework was too dense. I was somewhat confused. Nevertheless, still gained some experience in real interviews.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral question like handling disagreement and teamwork   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Detroit, MI (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Two case study interviews in the first round with Manager-level employees. If you impress them in the first round, you will be invited to perform another two case studies for Patner-level employees. In between the two rounds, HR will give you feedback on how to improve your interviews. Make sure you pay attention to the feedback that they give you, if you repeat mistakes they are unlikely to offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work on teams, what role do you usually take on as part of a team?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Recruited from campus. First round in office, two cases with a little bit of behavioral. Second and final round was the same but with partners instead. Cases were pretty quantitatively heavy.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2019.

Interview

Nearly all the entry-level consulting staff gets hired via college (Associate) or MBA (Consultant) on-campus recruiting. 2 back-to-back interviews at a campus-level, then you move onto the same format at your specific office. Interviews have some fit but focus will be on strategic fit in the 4 total cases.

Interview Questions

• No standard interview question but each of the 4 total interviews will have a ~30 minute case on top of a random assortment of fit questions for ~15 minutes   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.