Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

2 rounds, case work, market sizing and behaviorals, as expected. First round was in Chicago with Project Leaders, and the questions were much more structured. Interviewers gave plenty of charts and tables as you moved along the case study. The second round was in Boston HQ with Partners. Interviews were far more open ended and qualitative.

Interview Questions

• Why BCG?   Answer Question
  • Your client is an insurance company facing a sales force with high turnover. How would you diagnose the issue? What solutions do you recommend? (Question was very open ended, this was for the final round)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed on campus for initial screening. Final round in office. All interviews involved questions regarding resume and cultural fit followed by a case (requiring both quantitative and qualitative analysis). Entire recruiting process was well-organized.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruitment webinar for SEA team, wherein we were invited to submit apps by a certain date. Contacted shortly afterwards to arrange for first round interviews in Boston at local hotel, two 45 min interview sessions - 15 min fit, 30 min case. My advice is to really know how to do an interviewee-led cases, stay composed, and back up your claims with evidence. Strangely enough, this interview allowed calculators, which had never previously happened for any consulting interview I had before. One of my interviewer was a bit rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what impact you had on (this thing on my resume)
      Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about one challenge you had and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Went through the first round of interviewing, which consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Each one started with a brief behavioral portion and then had a case. The interviewers were nice, interesting people and it was a good experience. Prior to interviewing they offered a case workshop and mock interview to prepare.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

5 minute behavioral (Resume walk through - key takeaway and lesson learned from each internship, teamwork experience - what conflict arises and how did you solve it, describe a valuable experience during your college time that changes your life, etc.)
    40 minute case (normal strategy - profitability case, and 1 supply chain case (figure out what goes wrong during the process and what could be improved)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Generally tasking. Two rounds each with cases. Both rounds in the office. First round with junior managers and final round with partners. Each interview lasted 45 minutes with 15 mins fit and 30 minutes case

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I interview Boston Dubai office. The whole recruiting process is exciting and very organized. There were two interviewers. One of them is the directing manager. Another one is the consultant. But I didn't get any feedback after the interview, which Bain and Mckinzey did very well on the providing the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Three reasons why a financial service company did not enter Egypt?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in July 2016.

Interview

Applied off-cycle after working at a smaller shop for ~10 months out of undergrad, showing it is possible to get your foot in the door even if it you don't come through a traditional recruiting channel.

Process was a little less streamlined/timely because it was off-cycle:

Was notified about first round about a month out. Had that in my office of choice (they would have done remote but I was going to be in town) on a Friday, received an email on Monday afternoon that I would be moving to the decision round scheduled for the upcoming Friday. Had decision round that Friday and despite repeated follow-up the next week regarding a decision/competing offers, it took a full week for them to get back to me and extend me an offer (for their normal notification timeline, relatively long).

With all of these interviews, I think a lot of it unfortunately comes down to stuff out of your control. I was practiced which helped but sometimes it feels like you work well to solve problems with the interviewer and sometimes you don't. I really enjoyed speaking to both of my first round interviewers; thought they directed me through the case really well and found them to be super interesting/smart after speaking to them about their work and interests. The more senior interviewers during my second round were likewise nice/patient and were able to provide really candid answers about the firm and what they love/what could be improved. I really appreciated this and it was because of four pretty solid interactions that I ultimately accepted my offer.

Just an FYI - I had interviewed at another similar firm and felt the interviewer was actively trying to mislead me and play both the tough client/helpful teammate at the same time which led to me not move on in the process. Sometimes you just get a jerk or you don't quite understand the case the way you are supposed to and unfortunately that's all it takes. This really shook my confidence and I wish people I spoke with were less quick to assume I needed more practice. I am quite certain that there are a ton of people at top firms who get rejected who could be superstars.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a really successful team and a not-so successful one.
      Tell me about a time where it was difficult to work with someone.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relaxed but methodical. Standard fair of personality/fit evaluations followed by cases. The interviewers were very personable and drove conversation fairly naturally. The overall process lasted about 2 hours with a short break in between.

Interview Questions

• Cases often included concrete data in the forms of tables or charts. Cases were not particularly difficult. The questions on fit seemed genuine and focused a lot on teamwork.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two consultants, both were mostly cases with a short time for fit questions. The interviewers were friendly and professional. During the time in between interviews I and other candidates were able to chat with other consultants and recruiters about BCG in a more informal way.

Interview Questions

• Asked to elaborate on items on resume.   1 Answer