Boston Consulting Group Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.4

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online through job board. Was contacted by a recruiter to come in for an interview. Interview lasted around an hour met with two people the third got busy and could not attend. I took an easy excel test and it was over.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a process that was comfortable. Nice atmosphere and work environment. Everyone throughout the process was very helpful and kind. They were able to answer any questions I had. I think that this was one interview where I felt most comfortable. I was able to display a portfolio and Interact with a number of different employees on the Finance and Analysis team. Parking in Boston is a challenge in general. This is something I had wished I planned ahead of time. I ended up walking about 20min to get to the interview. I would recommend giving some added time in case there is a walk involved in the commute.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great. My interviewee made sure I felt comfortable. The interview was a two rounds of case interviews as well as behavioral questions. I thought it went very well.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good consultant?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was average. I met with HR, hiring manager, 1 direct report and 2 other folks from the finance team. I was prepared with questions and examples of work but none of that was necessary.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you were able to prioritize multiple stakeholder demands   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Very hard questions about advanced valuation concepts. My suggestion is to prepare in advance and be trained with university professors and faculty staff in order to be fully trained for the interview.

Interview Questions

• From basic questions such as NPV,APV, to more challenging valuation methods   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Very long process. 2 rounds.

You will go through talking to 4 people then final the HR head. After broken promises on follow up, they said looking at someone else. Sorry for killing your joy.

Interview Questions

• What about the role scares you.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Submitted my resume through university recruiting. Got an email from a recruiter from Atlanta within 2 hours asking for a phone interview.

Set up the interview for the next day. Overall just general questions about my background, recruiter in Atlanta stated that could be over qualified. Regardless he said a few times it went well and he would put my application through. He told me to expect a formal application later that day.

I proceeded to never hear from him again, I emailed him to follow up and never got a response. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and this is not indicative of the culture at BCG.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Online application and then screening.
    After getting selected I had to sit a quantitative assessment. Not very difficult, but it requires very tight concentration.
    2 rounds of interviews. Each of them are 2 hours long, with 2 different consultants

Interview Questions

• What are the current trends in the European banking sector   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Step 1: Met with 3 different members of the team, same day but seperate interviews. Very focused that everyone had their chance to get to know eachother. Step2: business case, present a case to the same members.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume. Why BCG? Why this role? What do you want to develop?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Interview

7 interviews with different interviewers. An attitudinal test and a psychological profiling. The entire process took one week. Very specific questions and high level of reasoning required. Each interview took 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you did something in a nonconformist way.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.