Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

1,910 Interview Reviews

3.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Interview process was extremely long and there was a huge gap in communication regarding next steps, feedback, etc. The folks who conduct the interview are all outside of US so everything is done via video calls where you have to contend with BCG partner's knowing how to use technology effectively.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

This was for a GAMMA Consultant position, which is for BCG's data science arm. Went through three rounds before getting cut:

1) Recruiter phone screen, which was very casual and low-key, mostly explaining background, fit, and a project on my resume.

2) Technical assessment, which was administered through HackerRank, composed of a series of programming exercises to pre-process data and train a model, as well as two ML / time series theoretical questions at the end.

3) Technical case interview via interview, with a GAMMA Data Scientist. The case can vary depending on the interviewer from what I heard.

Ultimately, I needed a lot of clarification in the case and was too slow on developing analytical solutions. GAMMA is looking for the best of best of quantitative minds as they are competing with QuantumBlack. Those skilled enough to get through the technical case move on to a business case, and then from there go on-site to either Boston or LA to do multiple rounds of additional technical/general case interviews. A very intensive process overall.

Interview Questions

• How do you diagnose poor lift performance on an SVM classifier?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Interviewed on campus, 2 case interviews with 5-10 mins personality and behavioural questions with the other 20 mins focused on a case that was interviewee led, two different interviewers at different levels in the company and left time for questions at the end

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and case interview questions   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's on-campus recruiting program. In the first round, I had two 45-minute interviews with current consultants at the company, each with fit and case components.

Workflow Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Reached out by BCG recruiter and was scheduled for a WebEx interview. During that interview, I turned on my video the entire time but the recruiter didn’t show her face at all, only audio. It felt uncomfortable since it wasn’t a two-sided face-to-face interaction.
    Later after a few days I got contacted to do another WebEx interview with 2 senior managers. During this one, I was constantly interrupted by interviewers during the process which I felt was really unprofessional and rushed. At the end, I asked when can I expect to hear back and one of them told me the recruiter would let me know their decision. It sounded arrogant the way he said it and I knew what he was implying.
    Nonetheless, I still sent out a thank you letter and emailed recruiter to get updates a few days later, but was ghosted instead.
    Overall the people I spoke to during this interview gave me a very arrogant feeling. I spent quite a long time preparing but felt like it was really a waste of my time. Quite disappointed in a company with such high rating.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I only did the first round interview with two consultants. I think they gave interviews about a project that they worked on. Nevertheless, I was surprised to find out that the two interviewers had different standards. In my feedback, one interviewer said that my framework was very MECE and detailed, but the other interviewer said that my framework was too dense. I was somewhat confused. Nevertheless, still gained some experience in real interviews.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral question like handling disagreement and teamwork   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth. I applied through university and interviewed on campus for the first round. I got invited to a second round at their Boston office with a partner and a principal and got called back a couple of days later by the recruiting manager.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Princeton, NJ (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

My first round interview was on-campus. I had 2 30-minute interviews with two different interviewers. I had 5-10 minutes of behavioral questions and a case in each. The case was similar to what was online on BCG's website.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Had two back to back interviews which each consisted of 15 minute behavioral/fit questions before going into a 30 minute case problem and ending with time to ask the interviewer a few questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you demonstrated leadership in a team setting?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through Handshake
    2, 45 Minute Interviews Back-to-Back with 2 Cases
    One Case was much more difficult than the other
    One Interviewer seemed that she didn't really want to be there, but the other was extremely lively and helpful

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to overcome a challenge   1 Answer