Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

1,718 Interview Reviews

3.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Very nice some case interviews, use Case In Point

Interview Questions

• Market sizing: how many people would use a drug that prevents baldness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No typically the same salary

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied to the job while in college and went through the normal university recruiting process in November of my senior year. This consisted of a strict application deadline, and set on-campus interview dates. Once you make it past the on-campus interview, you rank the offices you'd prefer, and are invited to a second-round interview at the office that you matched with.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the break-even cost given a set of parameters (in your head, without a calculator or pen/paper)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salaries were pretty much consistent across the entering class and across all offices.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I was invited for the first round interview for the Southeast Asian offices and BCG basically paid for the trip and accommodation. to Philadelphia. The interviews were rather hectic since BCG was trying to finish their first round interviews for the international offices in a week. My interviewers were extremely tired from the daily interviews and jet lag. One of them was even dozing off during the interview!

Interview Questions

• The cases were rather standard. just be confident in what you have to say!   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Passed the 1st round in the Boston office and was invited for the final round one week later. Final round had 3 cases. Performed average in the first two and bad in the last one. The 1st was about a pharma which wants to enter a developing country. The 2nd about a bank and the 3rd about mining in South Africa. The last one had a lot of info in 1 slide and I got confused. Overall, the interviewers were friendly but if you follow a tangent they do not bring you back.

Associate Interview

Interview

first round, and then second round.. not much people get invited to the second round. They do reimburse all travel expenses, very nice. One person was nice the other was not: almost stress interview-- never smiled throughout the whole process!

Interview Questions

• for foreign offices, you are required to do some translation test   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied through my school, and got a first round interview. It was two back-to-back 45 minute interviews, with a bit of fit at the beginning, a case, and then some time for questions. The cases were not too difficult, but I think that perfection was required to get through to the second round.

Interview Questions

• "When did you overcome an issue with trust, and how did you do it?"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university and was brought in for first-round interviews at the local (Boston in my case) office. Interviews were 45 minutes long, back-to-back: 10 minutes for fit questions, 30 minutes for case interview, 5 minutes for Q&A. Was flown to the Chicago office (my eventual home office) for second-round interviews, which were structured a little differently: 1 verbal case, like in the first round, and one hour and a half written case + presentation. Met many different BCGers along the way and was impressed with how frank and honest they are through the entire process!

Interview Questions

• Should our client, a worldwide coffee company, focus on growing the existing US market or expanding into China?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, there is no deadline for this position.The interesting part is they offer me a chat opportunity with associate and analyst who works in BCG New York, not the HR to have the phone interview with me.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions. Introduce yourself, why consulting, why BCG   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on line, got a first round interview within 3 weeks. Interview is basically 45 minutes of case solving and some fit questions. A week later had a final round interview was notified after 5 days that I had no offer.

Interview Questions

• Fit questions were most about experiences while working in a team.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Following my internship at BCG, I was offered to join BCG full-time in Europe. I applied for a transfer to one of the American offices via email. I was asked to come to the office to meet some people for interviews a couple of days after my first inquiry.

Interview Questions

• No case-interviews, just a friendly getting-to-know each other.   Answer Question

Negotiation

BCG offers little room for negotiation. I was told the only slack you have is the entry-level. I did not negotiate, however.