Boston Consulting Group Junior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Junior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.9

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. There was a prescreening call and then two following interviews, 2 rounds each. They were typical case study interviews, and while they were interested in learning more about me and asking behavioral questions they were definitely focused on the case studies.

Interview Questions

• What has been one of your largest failures to date?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Junior Associate Interview

Interview

Three rounds
    1 interview each
    The typical case question and fit split, more time was allocated to the case. Interviews are with senior employees and are fairly challenging overall. Would recommend a lot of focus on the case as the majority of the scoring seemed to relate to case performance at round 1.

Interview Questions

• Market entry of a new soda brand into the retail sector.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

There are two rounds (BCG DACH):
    Round 1: Two Case Interviews (20-25 Minute Fit and 20 Minute Case) and one GMAT style quant/logic test that you do on a laptop at the BCG office.
    Round 2: Another two Case Interviews (same as above but more emphasis on fit and maybe just a 15 minute market sizing exercise) and 3 real life situations where you have to solve mini tasks that a consultant might face in every day life (eg. draw up a slide given some data)

Interview Questions

• What last question should I ask you in order to get to know you better?   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Nairobi (Kenya)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process has an average of 3 steps. The first is an aptitude test done in the company's local offices. If you succeed the next steps are 2 rounds of interviews with 2 case study style interviews each. You are given the chance to ask questions after each interview.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

Very fast and friendly recruiting process. Won a local BCG competition and was invited directly to the first round. Two rounds of interview were very typical for the industry, however, the fit part was bigger and more interesting than in two other MBB companies.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in August 2019.

Interview

Typical consulting interview with a fit interview portion, a quants test and a case interview. There were training workshops (3) prior to the interview for my intake group and we were designated a BCGer to help us with case prep along the way.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in which you had to handle conflict and the outcome.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)

Interview

The process took 3 weeks. 3 interviews the interviewers were really incompetent the interview was in French even if the interviewer could barely speak French.

The first interview was some basic case study questions second one was the test in laptop the 3rd one was with a partner and the last was with another partner who don't really know what he is talking about questions not clear questions and very bad organization

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Johannesburg (South Africa)).

Interview

The first round involved a one on one interview with a consultant. The first portion was a fit interview followed by a case study. Afterwards I did a multiple choice test on a low cost airline.

Interview Questions

• Develop a strategy for a company to enter into an African market.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2018.

Interview

I had two 45-minute interview sessions with two BCG Principals. They started off with some get-to-know-you questions; they asked me to tell them a bit about myself and followed up with some questions about my CV and cover letter. Then they followed up with some STAR questions for about 15 minutes and then we started the case study. The case study goes for 20 minutes and the interviewers were very nice - they can sense when you're getting stuck and ask you some prompting questions to lead you in the right direction.
    The last 10 minutes are allotted for you to ask them any questions you may have about BCG.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a failure and how you dealt with that; what you learned, how you overcame the situation...   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you displayed leadership qualities?   1 Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Barcelona (Spain)) in March 2017.

Interview

The application was easy but took 4+weeks for me to receive the call form BCG Dubai
    The process consisted in 3 steps.
    1) two, 1h interviews at my campus with project leader and manager. both consisted in motivation and business case.
    2) At Dubai, analytical test + 1 business case
    3) interview with partner in Dubai + offer.

Interview Questions

• Call center business case & Airline business case in the first round.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.