Boston Consulting Group Junior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Junior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.7

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

BCG held a booth at a Job Fair where I dropped off my resume. I was later called back for a 20 minutes informal interview with one of the partners.

Interview Questions

• How does company X make money out of event Y.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

First interview is diveded in three parts plus a test. First you have to talk about yourself, then solve a case and then you can ask questions about the company. Afterwards you have to do a numerical test. The test is standard, you can find this kind of tests all over the internet.

Interview Questions

• Case, solve logical questions   1 Answer

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

Interview

it was the usual case interview process. supposedly they would fly you out later, depending on your geographic preference and it's most likely very standardized for this position. i didn't make the first round....

Interview Questions

• Case studies are like exams, but nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a case interview that was very difficult. I wasn't allowed to use a calculator and had to calculate very difficult numbers, in the sphere of billions and under tight time pressure. First, the interview started with personal and competency based questions and the atmosphere was very casual, but once the case interview started the atmosphere changed.

Interview Questions

• I was given the question whether a shampoo company should explore the german market and introduce a organic hair care line. From there on, I had to completely come up with the approach and calculations myself. I had 5 minutes time to think and had to describe all my steps and results to the interviewee.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Interview

There were online screening tests. The first round interview consisted of competency questions and a short case study about profitability of a gym. The second round interview followed a similar process, with two interviewers and two case studies

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Madrid (Spain)) in February 2019.

Interview

There are 4 steps of the application process:
    1. Online application: cv and cover letter required
    2. Case Test in office: Computer-based test. Case simulation with math and market research questions
    3. Round of case interviews with consultants (2 interviews)
    4. Round of case interviews with partners (2 interviews)

Interview Questions

• They give you a case that can be either a real project they had or a fake on the spot case.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

3 rounds of one interview with a consultant: 10-15 minutes for an exchange on your cv and motivations, 35-40 minutes for the resolution of a real-life case and 3-5 minutes for any other questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe one instance where you demonstrated leadership and what does this term mean to you?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 back to back interviews. Both with case studies to solve. The first one was about market sizing: you're given a question like "tell me how many subprime mortgages are sold in the U.S. this year" and you have to think out loud without consulting anything else and get to an answer that must be close to the actual figure. The first interviewer was nice but the second was the opposite and made me tilt. Tip: don't repeat what one says to the other; it might not be true.

Interview Questions

• tell me how many subprime mortgages are sold in the U.S. this year   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Casablanca (Morocco)) in September 2017.

Interview

Standard case interview after completing the online assessment. My interviewer was a bit cold, and he did his best to keep the conversation moving along. Shied away from a follow up about ethics. Overall, it was a stimulating experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a junior consultant does on a daily basis?   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in April 2017.

Interview

Completed all rounds of interviews, ultimately no response. Repeated calls for follow-up/ feedback went ignored. BCG is trailing behind competitors in terms of the recruiting process. Flights and hotels were both excellent and well organized, however.

Interview Questions

• Case questions r.e. Health Care, Education and Petrochemicals   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.