Boston Consulting Group Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 2,604.0 interviews

In Person18%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Oct 2021

Interview

The interview had 2 parts: case interview and fit interview. The case interview was not about a certain industry but was on casual/everyday matter. Fit interview was quite easygoing, because I just needed to explain my job experience.

Interview Questions
  • Can you explain one of your job experience in terms of what you did and what was interesting about it.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Jan 2021

Interview

Submitted CV, got a phone call for the next day. Interviewer asked me why consulting, and made me do a simple guesstimation question. Total interviewing time was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What Boston Consulting Group employees are saying

Join the conversation on

Consulting

4m

works at

Boston Consulting Group

New BCG pay bands: New Associates: 90->100K base (116-126K TC) New Consultants: 165->175K base (207-230K TC)

148 Comments

Join the conversation on

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

After submitting my English resume, I got an individual call by phone. Job was offered very soon, since the interview process itself was very fast-paced. Interviewer was friendly and intimate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Nov 2020

Interview

I took an interview by phone (due to covid-19) and answered a few market sizing and strategy questions. Other than that, I also answered some personal questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions
  • How would you conduct a market size on the digital payment market?

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Job: 3 month Research Assistant in BCG in KOREA, did phone interview for 30 minutes. he asked few questions including my career goal, research skills, past experiences, extracurricular activities, etc. No guestimation question at all. it seems like he didn't care about guestimation. got call back in 5 hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Jun 2019

Interview

1. Checked job opening from the school career page 2. Applied my CV or Resume via email 3. Face-to-face fit and case interview with a consultant 4. Phone interview with a team-lead consultant 5. Got Offer

Interview Questions
  • 1. Detailed explanation about the past experience 2. Why consulting / our company / you 3. Brief case question

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Oct 2018

Interview

Resume submission (referral) - Resume screening - Phone interview - Call for result notification Other candidates had face to face interview. I had phone interview since I as unable to visit offline.

Interview Questions
  • Were you interested in the relevant field before? (financial services)

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Mar 2018

Interview

I applied through online and received a phone call in next day. After having really short interview (~15min), we arranged f2f interview day after. The process was really quick as they look for candidates who can work right away. They often ask simple case question or guesstimation, but in my cases the questions were based on my CV.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me three reasons why I should buy bitcoins? Three reasons I shouldn't.

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Jul 2017

Interview

After passing the resume screening, I received a phone interview. This took place about two or three days after applying for the position. Then, I was invited for a face interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seoul) in Sep 2015

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received interview invitation within two days. The interview took place at a restaurant while having dinner (The project was running really tight, so the consultant could not afford any time other than lunch or dinner breaks). In a week time, I was informed of the offer for the duration of a single project.

Interview Questions
  • It was a typical guestimation question, a short case study, and a translation of document between English and Korean.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews