Boston Consulting Group Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.4

Associate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks or so. Phone interview, then met with two people, and then finally with the manager. For the first part of the interview, reviewed job it was mostly in dialogue form. They asked two case-type questions. Second part of the interview was mostly the manager speaking.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of a case study. Was asked to analyze a company in U.S. consumer packaged goods company (i.e. Proctor and Gamble). Asked to recognize at lease three competitors and write a quick write up of why I chose these companies. Also had to write a company profile report for one of the competitors. This was included to provide a benchmark for PG, mainly when analyzing potential growth.

Interview Questions

• Explain a course where you did research.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After providing me with a description of the job, she interviewed me over the phone. She then scheduled an interview for me with someone in HR. Neither interview was complicated, just basic fit questions, resume walk-through, etc. The first in-person interview was more difficult and in two parts. First, I had to complete a 45 minute skill assessment that involved researching Proctor & Gamble, their top 3-5 competitors, and bench-marking them in a fictional report. It was straightforward, and they provided you with the information they wanted to find. The second part of the interview involved two associates who talked through a case about the pencil industry in Nigeria with me to analyze my thought process. They were both fairly friendly and engaging. When I got called in for the final round, however, I was given a stress interview by one person. She asked how I would analyze the cosmetics market in a particular country in Eastern Europe. In a stress interview, the interviewer acts critical, disinterested, and even condescending to assess your reaction to pressure, so I highly recommend preparing for that. I didn't expect it in an interview for a research position, and I think I was too thrown off and intimidated to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you analyze to create a report on the cosmetics industry in Ukraine, and what order of importance would you rank them in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

I was set-up with an interview via a staffing agency. The interview consisted of 1 hour of a skills-based test and 1 hour of speaking with the hiring manager. It was fairly straightforward. The time was well-managed.

The skills-based portion wasn't rigorously managed. I set a timer to make sure I adhered to the time limit. However, as I got closer and closer to the end of time I thought for sure they'd come and stop me. This never happened. To keep it honest, I stopped working at the end of the first hour and went to find the interviewer. I don't know if this was a "test" too but I would encourage you to manage your time. They won't do it for you and you may appear untrustworthy if you allow it to significantly run over.

Interview Questions

• The case wanted you to construct 3 profiles of potential companies within a specific industry. It was a bit of a shot in the dark. If I could recommend anything, it would be to spend some time before prepping your ability to assess the economic health of any given company.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a part of campus recritment and consisted of 5 levels . First was resume shortlisting then an aptitude test and then 3 rounds of interviews. It was an elimination type based and we 8 people were selected for the final round out of which only 3 were given the offer.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in January 2020.

Interview

the interview was fairly technical and qualitative at first. if you make it to the second round, guesstimates ,puzzles and case studies are asked. Just brush up your soft skills and ensure you can justify your CV.

Interview Questions

• what is the one technology that might change the auto sector?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bangkok (Thailand)) in September 2019.

Interview

There are 2 cases interview (choose 2 out of 3), which allow you 3 hours to finish it. Moreover, there is also video interview with HR stuff, 2 manager and 1 colleague who will be in the same office as you. The process of interview is very quick (consecutive week). However, total process is taking quite a bit of time because I am one of the very first person who finish all the process.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied from college. The test was conducted on quants, business awareness. Out of 400 students only 100 cleared the online test.
    The interview was on the next day.
    Out of 100 students only 5 was shortlisted.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2018.

Interview

It was tough compared to peers and the question revolved around life goals, problem solving skills and personality. Also, it's important to know each and every thing on your CV.

Associate Researcher Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

It's was a straightforward process with a great and supportive HR team. They were very keen on understanding your motivation for the role and also making you understand that it is a support function.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.