Boston Consulting Group Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 2,604.0 interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana)

Interview

With my recently worst experience where i had 2 interview rounds , even having positive results while discussions from both the interviewers still there is no feedback from hr for what went wrong. Not expected from such a good leading firm .

Interview Questions
  • General fit questions and profile discussion
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (São Paulo, São Paulo)

Interview

Processo seletivo foi bem feito, e com uma boa estrutura. Próximos passos eram disponibilizados em cada uma das etapas. Diferentes entrevistas para testar capacidades necessárias para a vaga.

Interview Questions
  • Market sizing de uma indústria que não tinha conhecimento

What Boston Consulting Group employees are saying

Join the conversation on

Consulting

4m

works at

Boston Consulting Group

New BCG pay bands: New Associates: 90->100K base (116-126K TC) New Consultants: 165->175K base (207-230K TC)

148 Comments

Join the conversation on

Boston Consulting Group

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Had a first hr call which went well (45 min), after two weeks i received a mail to attend a first round of interview (was supposed to be 1h). The interviewer was friendly and his background was technical however he did not ask any technical questions which felt odd and it lasted 45min. Three days after I received an automatic mail to say they would not pursue with my application. I asked for feedback but I am not very hopeful to ever receive one... Overall it looked like a cool company to work - find it odd that the interviewer would not ask any technical questions (maybe they had already made their minds and didn‘t want to bother? In which case, why wasting someone‘s time?) but was very friendly so I guess this interview still qualifies as a nice chat.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about one of your biggest mistakes? Tell me more about how did you reach the current role you have? How do you face difficult situations?

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi) in Jun 2017

Interview

It was an awesome experience to sum it up. There were overall 5 Interview rounds - 2 Technical rounds on Supply Chain Analytics with the Analytics Experts based on experience and few cases, 1 Case Study round where-in I was supposed to work on a tool and come back with the worked out solution in 3 days time and finally 2 Managerial rounds with Senior Leadership. Initially the process took some time but based on the request, it was expedited further. It was a very positive experience and one should definitely try for it even if they don't intend to join later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Many iterations, technical questions, cultural fit questions, and written test at the penultimate stage was not so helpful but I got through. A few rounds with the team - all-rounded process. Senior partners were nice and everyone offered help when i sought clarifications.

Interview Questions
  • what projects I am working on now and how my skills are transferable
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana) in Nov 2015

Interview

There are three rounds. The first round will process by HR, Second round is processed by Lead and Final round is process by Knowledge Expert. If you are a developer then be strong in your development skills otherwise no chance of hiring

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana) in Sep 2015

Interview

I had multiple rounds of interviews which included describe yourself and why BCG, then an Excel and powerpoint related quiz and then case interview/ case studies. Things were very simple but not straightforward and you need to be careful if there is really an answer to the question raised to you. It can be possible that there is no answer to a question shot at you and you are very candid in telling them that there is no answer as such.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell us the exact number of ballpoint pens sold by a xyz company in the year 2013?

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana) in May 2015

Interview

Interview process revolved three rounds - The first was a phone screen with some technical questions. Then there was a second round with in-depth technical questions in VBA, SQL and R. Finally, there was a management round where behavioral questions were asked by the PDT Services Manager (team manager).

Interview Questions
  • Questions were related to three technical topics - Excel VBA, SQL and R. Plus there were some behavioral and scenario-based questions in the last round. VBA - Code snippets, Option explicit, Data types, Subroutines vs functions SQL - Complex queries with joins R - How to multiply two matrix using R, Which packages are used in market basket analysis etc. Basic problem solving - Scenario based questions
RSS Feed</>Embed