Boston Consulting Group Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process revolved three rounds - The first was a phone screen with some technical questions. Then there was a second round with in-depth technical questions in VBA, SQL and R. Finally, there was a management round where behavioral questions were asked by the PDT Services Manager (team manager).

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to three technical topics - Excel VBA, SQL and R. Plus there were some behavioral and scenario-based questions in the last round.
    VBA - Code snippets, Option explicit, Data types, Subroutines vs functions
    SQL - Complex queries with joins
    R - How to multiply two matrix using R, Which packages are used in market basket analysis etc.
    Basic problem solving - Scenario based questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Many iterations, technical questions, cultural fit questions, and written test at the penultimate stage was not so helpful but I got through. A few rounds with the team - all-rounded process. Senior partners were nice and everyone offered help when i sought clarifications.

Interview Questions

• what projects I am working on now and how my skills are transferable   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had multiple rounds of interviews which included describe yourself and why BCG, then an Excel and powerpoint related quiz and then case interview/ case studies. Things were very simple but not straightforward and you need to be careful if there is really an answer to the question raised to you. It can be possible that there is no answer to a question shot at you and you are very candid in telling them that there is no answer as such.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us the exact number of ballpoint pens sold by a xyz company in the year 2013?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New Delhi (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an awesome experience to sum it up. There were overall 5 Interview rounds - 2 Technical rounds on Supply Chain Analytics with the Analytics Experts based on experience and few cases, 1 Case Study round where-in I was supposed to work on a tool and come back with the worked out solution in 3 days time and finally 2 Managerial rounds with Senior Leadership. Initially the process took some time but based on the request, it was expedited further. It was a very positive experience and one should definitely try for it even if they don't intend to join later.

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds. The first round will process by HR, Second round is processed by Lead and Final round is process by Knowledge Expert. If you are a developer then be strong in your development skills otherwise no chance of hiring

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Had a first hr call which went well (45 min), after two weeks i received a mail to attend a first round of interview (was supposed to be 1h). The interviewer was friendly and his background was technical however he did not ask any technical questions which felt odd and it lasted 45min.
    Three days after I received an automatic mail to say they would not pursue with my application.
    I asked for feedback but I am not very hopeful to ever receive one...

Overall it looked like a cool company to work - find it odd that the interviewer would not ask any technical questions (maybe they had already made their minds and didn‘t want to bother? In which case, why wasting someone‘s time?) but was very friendly so I guess this interview still qualifies as a nice chat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your biggest mistakes? Tell me more about how did you reach the current role you have? How do you face difficult situations?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Processo seletivo foi bem feito, e com uma boa estrutura. Próximos passos eram disponibilizados em cada uma das etapas. Diferentes entrevistas para testar capacidades necessárias para a vaga.

Interview Questions

• Market sizing de uma indústria que não tinha conhecimento   1 Answer

Negotiation

Não negociei, salário era atrativo

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.