Boston Consulting Group Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

4.0

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 interviews in the first round, 2 more in the second. Shockingly unprofessional throughout. They forgot they had scheduled my second round and didn't apologize (I had cancelled two other super-day interviews for the same day) and when they did reschedule (because I had scheduled my exploding offers around the original second round), they acted like I was a huge nuisance and uncommitted (first question in the interview: why am I here today?). Then I had to email and finally call for 3 days up until the evening of my deadline (facing radio silence) for them to (finally!) reject me. Also wasn't reimbursed for my first round travel, but apparently that's industry standard.

I really liked the people I had met from BCG and was super-excited (and prepared) for the interview, but the process really soured me. In retrospect, I feel guilty for keeping my other offers waiting for a firm that treats its tentative future hires so badly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of two rounds of interviews. The first round was formed of two 45 minute interviews with a mixture of fit and case questions. I was interviewed by a Principal and a Project Leader, both were very personable and responsive during the cases.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Brussels (Belgium)) in September 2016.

Interview

Round 0: telephone interview. General questions: why BCG, why management consulting etc.

After that, the case interviews start. I read most of the preparation available across the internet, but all my cases were impossible to prepare for. You will have to be creative to find a useful framework once the problem is presented to you.

Round 1:
    A) computer test. Case-like number questions with multiple choice answers (+- 1h)
    B) Case interview + general questions with a project leader (+-1h)
    Got feedback the next day. Useful stuff to improve for your next round. You are also assigned a "buddy": someone at BCG you can ask any question you'd like but who does not interfere at all with your application procedure. Great system.

Round 2:
    A) In basket case with a principal: around 30-40 pages with text, quotes, graphs, numbers etc. to solve 3 case-like questions. You get 2 hours to prepare some slides to answer these questions. This is followed by a 1h interview where you have to explain your reasoning. Also, the same general questions.
    B) Case interview + general questions with a principal (+- 1h)
    This is where your stamina is tested because it's right after the in basket case

Got feedback after 2 days. Again useful stuff to improve for your last round.

Round 3:
    A) Case interview + general questions with a project leader (+- 1h)
    B) Case interview + general questions with a sr. partner (+-45 mins)

Got feedback the next day. Did not get an offer but they didn't really explain where I dropped the ball. Sr. partner was 20 minutes late, disinterested from the start and kept using his phone during the interview. Left me with a sour feeling after a generally very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BCG?
      Why do you want to get into management consulting?
      Why should we hire you?
      Are you applying anywhere else?
      What have you learned at your current job?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Tokyo (Japan)) in August 2014.

Interview

A series of case interview (4) followed by 2 interviews with Partners; in my case due to mid-career hire for a specific practice area.
    Case interviews have the following structure:
    - 10mn to talk about you and why you want to join
    - 40mn case interview (5mn introduction, 5-10mn to prepare, the rest to solve the case)
    - 10mn to ask questions to the interviewer about BCG
    Interviews with partners were not case interviews but were aimed at evaluating industry knowledge and personality.

Interview Questions

• Case interviews changes regularly. Samples can be found on BCG website.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

typical consulting case interview - worth notice that industry experience is irrelevant (at least for Project lead and below positions). 2 rounds, first round 2 principals and second round 2 partners

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

The initial application consisted of a CV and cover letter.

A few weeks later I was invited to a first round interview. This consisted of two one-on-one meetings with Principals, both of which involved around 15 minutes of 'fit' questions and then a 20 minute case. There was also a maths test - the problems weren't particularly difficult, but there was a lot of time pressure and negative marking.

The second (and final) round consisted of three interviews with Partners, following a similar format to the first round. The cases were relatively straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a stressful situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

The process is very well run and efficient. Interviews take place over three rounds. The first entails a maths test (brush up on elementary physics, business and maths olympiad type problems) and a short case study interview with a few questions based on your CV background. The second round consisted two case study interviews and background/fit questions. There are different interviewers for each case study. All the interviewers and HR staff are extremely polite, generous and helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the third round of interviews. However, after each round, I was provided insights into my interview performance, including my result for the maths test. This information is invaluable and is unique to the care and thought that BCG goes through to choose their Associates. I hope to apply again next year.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when a team you were part of was veering off track and you managed to set it on course again.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2018.

Interview

Case Interview like any typical interview for management consulting. It was a profit and loss case with focus on the cost aspect. The interviewer was a principal at BCG. The case interview was not stressful. The evaluation was based on how well you structured the solution.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with HR questions and Case related questions; multiple rounds of interviews with Partners of the firm. The interviewer's assess problem solving skills, ability to structure and communicate

Interview Questions

• A B2B furniture manufacturer wants to enter B2C business. Should they enter?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (London, England).

Interview

Was a fun, engaging experience. 3 rounds with a numerical test and 6 interviews in total.
    Opportunity to meet lots of different consultants and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.