Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 173 of over 2,615.0 interviews

Recruiter3%
3.8
HardAverageEasy

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

2 rounds, first was a behavior and case bot. The second was 2 cases with behavioral sections. it was focused on interviewee led cases, but the interviewers were nice and interactive the entire time.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a team member
    Answer Question

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Online application with resume, cover letter, and personal info, 1 online case, 1 first round zoom case, 2 final round zoom cases with partners, then I was given an offer the following week, which I hear about via a phone call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What Boston Consulting Group employees are saying

Join the conversation on

Consulting

4m

works at

Boston Consulting Group

New BCG pay bands: New Associates: 90->100K base (116-126K TC) New Consultants: 165->175K base (207-230K TC)

148 Comments

Join the conversation on

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

There were multiple rounds of interviews. The first was a single interview about myself and then a case interview. The second round interview was 2 personal and 2 case interviews

Interview Questions
  • a time you were challenged in a group setting and how you overcame it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Applied through OCR after networking with consultants. Was offered a first round for the west coast system. Consisted of a behavioral as well as online case. Behavioral asked fairly standard questions in a 1-on-1 interview format, while the online case was given through a Casey chatbot.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you had an impact, tell me about a time you changed someone's mind, tell me about a time when you set an ambitious goal and how did you achieve it?
1 person found this interview helpful

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in Sep 2021

Interview

Round one uses an online chatbot case and live behavioral interview, each about 30 minutes in length. Online case is difficult to finish as its tough to prep for and has time as a factor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

First Round: Technical case with Casey Bot and Behavioral interview with a Consultant Final Round: Technical case and Behavioral interview with a Partner and Principal I received a call from my recruiter a few hours after the final interview telling me I had received an offer. All rounds with BCGers were quite personal and conversational. Allow the interviewer to help guide you along the case (if you run into a hitch), as they really are keen to see you succeed in technicals.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral: Share an experience where you were given a vague prompt, and what you made of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in Aug 2021

Interview

The first Round interview consisted of a 30-minute fit interview with a consultant or project leader and an online case component. The case component was very difficult and required exact numerical answers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in Aug 2021

Interview

Online case and then a live behavioral interview with a member of the specific team you are wanting to join. Also maybe based on the office you choose to apply to, I was with D.C. so I had a D.C. consultant do mine.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you made a mistake

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Two rounds with cases in both and behaviorals in both Partners in second round were more stern but nice and cases were pretty creative. Fit is also really important so make sure you present yourself as someone that people would want to work with.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you stand out from other candidates? Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (San Francisco, CA) in May 2021

Interview

2 rounds, 2 interviews each Each interview was a case and some behavioral After the first round, I found out I got the next round a day later; after the second round, I found out I got an offer a day later.

Interview Questions
  • Hardest interview of the Big 3 in my opinion; some really nonstandard cases; behavioral felt a bit all over the place. As for the cases: 1. Partner was like "your client is BCG; we're trying to sell a project, let's find a project we can do to sell to the client" - was quite savage.
1 person found this interview helpful