Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Interview was 45 minutes over Zoom, first 15 minutes were general fit questions, next 25 minutes was the case interview portion, last 5 minutes was an opportunity to ask questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Process took 4 weeks. Was informed through email that I would be interviewing with an associate in the Chicago office. Interview was mostly behavioral. There was an online case interview beforehand.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process is straightforward, master business cases and you'll succeed. There are plenty of free ones online to aid your practice. I read and memorized Case In Point and it helps provide a useful beginning framework for thinking about things, although you shouldn't just repeat the canned responses from the book

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had a first round interview on-campus followed by an interview in Boston. The process was intimidating at times, but I did feel that the interviewers were interested in my success.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you set a goal and worked aggressively towards it.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied through Handshake
    2, 45 Minute Interviews Back-to-Back with 2 Cases
    One Case was much more difficult than the other
    One Interviewer seemed that she didn't really want to be there, but the other was extremely lively and helpful

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to overcome a challenge   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Straight forwarded, 2 case studies with personal interviews mixed in. Cases were pretty straight forwaded, would just look at case and point and that's the level of difficulty in my opinion.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

1st round: 2 strategy cases, usually about current projects they're working on. There are also 2-3 typical behavioral questions each. Total interview time was about 1 hour. It was at their office.

Interview Questions

• Why BCG, tell me about a time you worked in a team, what to you defines good team dynamic   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

2 separate interviews walking you through both general questions and also two different case studies. They both take about an hour each so it is a test of endurance as well

Application

Interview

On campus recruiting followed by two rounds of interviews, with two interview in each round. Second round of interviews was at the office location of choice. Majority of time was dedicated to the case, but all interviewers asked 2-4 behavioral questions that seemed to have played a role in the overall decision to hire.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process has 3 steps: CV selection, first interview, and second interview. The first and second interviews are really similar: each has 2 interviewers and they do a case + 10 min behavioral part. In the end, you have to be ready to go through 4 cases (2 in the first interview and 2 in the second interview).

Interview Questions

• Clubs that I was a part in school and a time that I showed leadership.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.