Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Summer Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

3.8

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through college recruitment website. The interview process was very well organized. I had two 45 minute case interviews with short behavioral questions at the beginning. They hosted a case interview workshop in the Chicago office, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you had to overcome to get closer to a goal you have for the future?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2017.

Interview

I was invited for an interview at the closest office to where I was located. There were two interviews, each consisting of about 15 minutes of fit questions and 30 minutes of case.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a team where there might have been no good resolution.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 back to back 30 minute interviews on campus, then one 45 minute written case followed by 2 back to back 45 minute interviews on site. Between the on-campus and the on-site, I had 4 separate phone calls with consultants at the on-site office.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two on campus interview and then then second round interviews on site. The team members were very friendly and appeared as though they wanted to see you succeed. Heard back efficiently for each round as well.

Interview Questions

• Just practice the cases and be prepared for anything. One of my cases was not quite like any other case I had seen before.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2017.

Interview

First round interview was in local office consisting of 2 45 minute cases. Second round was in location preference with 45 minute case and written case (45 min. to prepare, 45 minutes to present).

Interview Questions

• What is one personal goal you would want to continue to pursue while at BCG?   Answer Question
    • Why consulting/why BCG?   Answer Question
    • Describe a team you showed leadership in a group where you did not have an official leadership position.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

First round consisted of 3 interviews with mixture of consultants and principals. Mixture of strategy cases and behavioral/fit. The strategy cases included pharmaceutical firm wanting to develop a new pill. Not very focused on CV or past experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not work well with someone in a team.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Very efficient. The whole process took 2 weeks. 2 back to back behavioral + case interviews with a consultant and a principal Everyone was very nice. Lots of non-evaluative mock interviews provided.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. The recruiting team was very friendly and open to any questions students had. I didn't get an offer but made it to the final round and got feedback on what I could do better.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process went pretty smoothly and quickly, with a group fit interview for the first round and a case interview for the second round. Though I had never been exposed to a case interview, the interviewers were helpful and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• When was one instance when you had to enact leadership skills?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Did not recruit from my school directly but I think we had a lot of people apply so they put together a case workshop for first-rounders. First round was at office, two 40-min back-to-back interviews, each with 10 min behavioral, 25 min case and 5 min questions at end. Behavioral questions were standard and case wasn't too difficult. BCG gave the impression that they were really invested in the recruiting/interview process and consultants were friendly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.