Boston Consulting Group Summer Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 2,604.0 interviews

Applied online23%
3.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in Jan 2020

Interview

I applied to the Tokyo office for a summer intern position (during the summer break of a 2-year MBA). There are two case interviews in Japanese, and I got an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Monthly revenue estimation of a CVS and strategies to double it.
    Answer Question

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

Standard Uni internship hiring process ( received an internship offer and stayed for 4 yrs after the internship). The internship process was 2 rounds of interviews, and a quantitative test which was sat at the London office. Last round was 4 or 5 interviews, mostly with Partners

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What Boston Consulting Group employees are saying

Join the conversation on

Consulting

4m

works at

Boston Consulting Group

New BCG pay bands: New Associates: 90->100K base (116-126K TC) New Consultants: 165->175K base (207-230K TC)

148 Comments

Join the conversation on

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

- I was there for the first round interview - two 45 minute behavior and case combined interview. Both were cases from the same industry. The math wasn't hard, but you had to understand the case perfectly, or else you would go do all sorts of crazy calculations in the wrong direction. I messed up the math for one of my cases. Behavior was what you expect. They ask you about your resume and experiences overcoming hardship. Both interviewers were highly professional, personable, and great to meet.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview

2 rounds, 1st with consultants/project leaders, 2nd with principals/partners 1st round typically on school campus, 2nd round at office. Interviews are back to back starting with a short behavioral section then the case

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in Jan 2018

Interview

Submitted resume through campus recruiting. First round: 2 case interviews in the office with junior staff. Final round: 2 case interviews in the office with principals and partners. Very few behavioral type questions across both rounds.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in Jan 2018

Interview

I had 2 rounds: 1st round on campus with 2 cases and a final round at the BCG office with 3 cases. The office I was interviewing for still did the written case, so it is definitely help to practice that.

Interview Questions
  • market sizing case, revenue case, and written case.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2017

Interview

Online application, invitation to interview, interview. 45 minute interviews, 25-30 minutes of which were spent on behavioral questions. Computer-based potential test, which requires a lot of math under time constraints

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA) in Feb 2016

Interview

Pretty standard consulting process - 2 case interviews in a hotel near campus followed by in-office final round. I took advantage of numerous informal networking opportunities prior to interviewing with the firm.

Interview Questions
  • Case interview about estimating the value created from launching a new business.

Boston Consulting Group

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in Jan 2015

Interview

I went through the standard recruiting process for current first-year MBA students. I went to an large informational meeting, had office hours with someone from the firm in person, spoke with BCG consultants on the phone who were working in areas i was interested in, etc. I probably had met a dozen BCG employees and had 1/2 hour conversations with 7 of them before submitting my application. I think this is important not because of the value of the networking, but because it helps you understand why BCG is the right place for you. I had first-round interviews in early January. Two 45-minute interviews. The first 15-20 minutes were a behavioral/fit interview, the rest was a case. I found out the next day that I had made it through to the "Decision Round" interview which was held the following Friday in the office for which I was interviewing. There were 3 options for times during that day -- 8:00, 10:30, and 1:30. I started at 1:30, had two interviews similar to the first round (behavioral/case), and then met less formally with two other people -- one was the head of the office, the other was a senior principal. I got the call with good news less than 15 minutes after I walked out of the office. I did probably 30-40 cases in preparation. It felt like in the cases generally they were really testing to see to what extent you were really grappling with the problem vs simply working through the case. The DR interviews were slightly more wide open. More about "How should we think about this?" rather than "Get to the right answer in the next 7 minutes." Good luck and enjoy the process.

Interview Questions
  • Know your story and why BCG/consulting is the right next step for you.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in Jan 2015

Interview

There was 2 rounds of interviews, one on campus and one at the office. Each round had 2 45-minute interviews,each with a mix of behavioral questions and a case study. The 2nd round interviews were with Principals/Partners. It was definitely harder than the 1st round but I felt that it was more of a "could I stand to work with this person" test. Come with questions and curiosity about that person's work. It helps to have some insights into related industries that the partner may care about.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews