Boston Consulting Group Summer Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Boston Consulting Group Summer Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Boston Consulting Group

4.0

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application, invitation to interview, interview.
45 minute interviews, 25-30 minutes of which were spent on behavioral questions. Computer-based potential test, which requires a lot of math under time constraints

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 rounds, 1st with consultants/project leaders, 2nd with principals/partners
    1st round typically on school campus, 2nd round at office.
    Interviews are back to back starting with a short behavioral section then the case

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

- I was there for the first round interview - two 45 minute behavior and case combined interview. Both were cases from the same industry. The math wasn't hard, but you had to understand the case perfectly, or else you would go do all sorts of crazy calculations in the wrong direction. I messed up the math for one of my cases. Behavior was what you expect. They ask you about your resume and experiences overcoming hardship. Both interviewers were highly professional, personable, and great to meet.

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Submitted resume through campus recruiting. First round: 2 case interviews in the office with junior staff. Final round: 2 case interviews in the office with principals and partners. Very few behavioral type questions across both rounds.

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

First round: 2 45-minute interviews
    - Each applicant will receive a call regarding acceptance or non-acceptance into the final round interviews. Applicants will receive feedback on interview performance regardless of next round acceptance.
    Second / final round: 2-3 45 minute interviews with leadership

Each interview: 10 minutes of "fit" questions, 25-30 minutes of case interview, 5 minutes of open questions

Interview Questions

• The interviewer drew a curve on a piece of paper and said it represented the revenue for a telephony company over time. Asked me to brainstorm and then hone in on what was driving the revenue curve. Interviewer was supportive, rather than hard-nosed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a. No negotiations permitted

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

First round interview in Boston, relatively straightforward cases with principals who were very easy to read. One case on forward-integrating and another on factors that drive retail growth. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Second round in Washington, DC. Two cases, both with partners, very little fit interview (the first partner jumped right into the case, the second asked one or two very basic fit questions and then moved on). Much more difficult to read. Made a minor math error on the first case, nailed the second. Received tepid phone feedback -- "good job, it's very competitive for the summer, please try again in the fall." Agree with the comments from a previous reviewer: my sense was that they care much more about full-time than the summer.

Interview Questions

• The cases were straightforward. It was much more about responding to what the interviewer wanted you to say, which I suppose is no different than any other consulting interview.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Easy case interview process very informal and laid back. People were nice

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - set salary

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2015.

Interview

I went through the standard recruiting process for current first-year MBA students. I went to an large informational meeting, had office hours with someone from the firm in person, spoke with BCG consultants on the phone who were working in areas i was interested in, etc. I probably had met a dozen BCG employees and had 1/2 hour conversations with 7 of them before submitting my application. I think this is important not because of the value of the networking, but because it helps you understand why BCG is the right place for you.

I had first-round interviews in early January. Two 45-minute interviews. The first 15-20 minutes were a behavioral/fit interview, the rest was a case. I found out the next day that I had made it through to the "Decision Round" interview which was held the following Friday in the office for which I was interviewing. There were 3 options for times during that day -- 8:00, 10:30, and 1:30. I started at 1:30, had two interviews similar to the first round (behavioral/case), and then met less formally with two other people -- one was the head of the office, the other was a senior principal. I got the call with good news less than 15 minutes after I walked out of the office.

I did probably 30-40 cases in preparation. It felt like in the cases generally they were really testing to see to what extent you were really grappling with the problem vs simply working through the case. The DR interviews were slightly more wide open. More about "How should we think about this?" rather than "Get to the right answer in the next 7 minutes."

Good luck and enjoy the process.

Interview Questions

• Know your story and why BCG/consulting is the right next step for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Maybe over start date? None for summer positions.

Summer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

There was 2 rounds of interviews, one on campus and one at the office. Each round had 2 45-minute interviews,each with a mix of behavioral questions and a case study. The 2nd round interviews were with Principals/Partners. It was definitely harder than the 1st round but I felt that it was more of a "could I stand to work with this person" test. Come with questions and curiosity about that person's work. It helps to have some insights into related industries that the partner may care about.

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2018.

Interview

I had 2 rounds: 1st round on campus with 2 cases and a final round at the BCG office with 3 cases. The office I was interviewing for still did the written case, so it is definitely help to practice that.

Interview Questions

• market sizing case, revenue case, and written case.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.