Branch Sales Director EMEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Branch

1 Interview Review

Sales Director EMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Branch (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Branch approached me for this position and after an initial interest call with an exec I was part of the official process which kicked-off with a normal HR call. Both of these conversation where smooth, so was the organisation.
After these 2 conversations another HR person was looped in to help organise the further process. My next call was with a peer in APAC and that's where hiccups started. The interviewee never saw the invitation so the call didn't happen. As the HR person was in the US there was no point to do anything but wait (I reached out to the person via Linkedin to reschedule without waiting for HR). The call did happen the next day and was generic to say the least.
After that came an onsite day meeting the team. Up until that point I was quite thrilled about the the opportunity.
Branch sits in a WeWork in London. The person who was in charge of me was late (~15mins) and started by asking which role I was here to interview for.

I was escorted into a meeting room on a floor without key card (which is essential to get around in a WeWork) and dialled into my first video call. I was advised to simply wait until someone opens the door in case I wanted more coffee or water or use the washroom.
10 minutes into the call I was kicked-out of the room as it apparently had not been booked. Finding a second one I was again kicked-out shortly after.

The first conversation was enjoyable, focusing on cultural fit. During this first call I also received a briefing doc for my last interview of the day which was to take place about 2 hrs. later with no break (I found out later that this should have been shared with me a week earlier).
The second one seemed again more generic and I was unable to fully understand what information was desired.

After these 2 calls the person who initially escorted me in had his 30 minutes with me. Being surprised that he could not find me I explained why I was in another room. This was a bit more of a tangible conversation re. wearing multiple hats as a leader in a flat sales organisation but nothing more.
The fourth conversation was with a sales rep and his tone setting question was "How can you make me a better sales person?".

The last session was with another sales rep who wanted to walk through the aforementioned briefings.
At this point I had not been able to leave the room or use the washroom once.
I did point out that I would like to use the facilities quickly to which I was only reluctantly handed a key card.
The rest was rather straightforward.

Having followed with HR the same day as well as a week later there was no response. No confirmation of receiving my messages, nothing. At this point we, Branch and myself, seemingly realised this was not a good fit.
After 2 weeks I did get a call from HR telling me they had decided to move on with someone else and I shared my feedback as well.
An initial offer to share my detailed feedback of the process with the initial exec was welcomed but faded into oblivion as I chose not to chase them (anymore).

Overall, for a company that prides itself with values like 'customer first', 'urgency with quality', 'ownership' and more of the same the experience was nothing short of disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How can you make me a better sales person?
    What kind of clients would you go after=
    What motivates you?
    Do you have experience switching between being a peer and a manager?   1 Answer

Branch Response

14 Aug 2019 – Head of People

Thanks for your direct feedback. You call out that we've had some miscommunications in our process here, specifically with EMEA onsites and I'm accountable for that. As we gathered here this week in preparation for a company offsite, we pulled together all of the hiring managers in EMEA and all of the recruiting partners in EMEA and went through together on the current state of the process, where things have gone wrong and what we need to do together as a company to ensure that it is better going forward, in particular as it relates to on-sites to ensure that when someone is investing the time to explore a career with us that we are investing in their experience in the process. The next onsite in London we have is next week -- we'll be investing significant additional time in preparing for that and then also debriefing together on how it went to understand what additional changes need to be made to ensure a great candidate experience.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.