Brightedge Technologies Solutions Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Brightedge Technologies Solutions Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Brightedge Technologies

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Foster City, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Email to arrange time for call. Call was with HR to discuss the role and the company. Discuss my background and what experience i have and other general SEO questions.

Background check with the hiring team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brightedge Technologies

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Foster City, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

There was 3 interviews total plus a take-home assignment and 30 minute presentation onsite.

Interview process: 1) In-House Recruiter, 2) Executive (for me, Co-founder/CTO), 3) 30-minute presentation for 4 people 4) 2 one-on-one interviews at 30 minutes each.

The total process took about 3-4 weeks.

In the time I interviewed, the role changed back and forth between "Solutions Consultant" and "Integrations Manager," to "Well this just isn't a consulting role at all."

The take-home assignment was to listen to their 45-minute WebEx meeting with a client, use their provided slides, and recreate that presentation, pitching just one small feature of their platform to them as if I was BrightEdge and they were my clients.

Pitching that add-on feature takes about 20 minutes total, then another 10 minutes to include your own feedback on their pitch, strategy, and who they could pitch to as a potential client.

The 4 people I presented to were really nice and seemed to be impressed by my presentation and feedback, even saying they could use some of my slides to pitch to the client I suggested they pitch to.

But once the one-on-one interviews began thereafter, I had a hard time hiding my disappointment. Only THEN did they tell me that this role wasn't for a "Solutions Consultant," and it wasn't for consulting at all. They just didn't know what to call it because you're really just calling and emailing clients all day getting them to add on this one free feature.

I asked what a normal day is like, and a team member said some days, he's on the phone for 8 hours straight, with no time for lunch.

It seemed this role actually didn't need ANY SEO experience or consulting experience at all, just someone who can endure long days of phone calls and emails with no breaks. I was pretty disappointed because I thought I'd learn a lot more about SEO and consulting, but that wasn't the case.

After a week the recruiter got back to me and said they went with someone with "more experience."

I know I was probably one of the first few people they reached to about the role, but I hope in the future they know exactly what they're looking for BEFORE reaching out to people and bringing them onsite. It was a lot of time spent for a role I wouldn't have even wanted.

Interview Questions

• Why BrightEdge? Why this position in particular? Give an example of similar tasks you had at your previous job.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.