Brilliant Basics Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Brilliant Basics

3.1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process at bb is straightforward and you will likely meet a few members of the leadership team which gives you a great overview of the company, role and working relationships. Every role meets the CEO as a final interview so 3 interviews is usually the average.
    They were very flexible with me being in another country and were happy to do all interviews over Skype.

Interview Questions

• Being an HR role it was specific examples about people strategy and experience. Brilliant basics hires analytical thinkers, ambitious self starters and people with an entrepreneurial drive.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

1st round telephone discussion - general test of knowledge adn get to know you. 30mins
    2nd round Skills based and present back - 2hrs.
    3rd round - meet with senior managment - personallity fit and general discussion. 1hr.

All went well until aftert he 3rd round then NO FEEDBACK, followed up many times and was ignored. I have no idea why the process did not proceeed.

Interview Questions

• I was presented with a busiess problem which I had 30 mins to define and present back a plan.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Really smooth interview process, telephone introduction. Followed by two stages both face to face, which I liked as you got a feel for the team and the office culture. During the second stage, I was asked to complete a short presentation.

Interview Questions

• Really in depth about my career and what I could bring to the team   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics.

Interview

Standard interview process - phone screen then design challenge. Felt a little rushed and only gave a couple of (week)days to complete a design task. Took over a month coming back after an initial phone screen.

Global Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I was one of the candidates put forward for the Job trial offered by Brilliant Basics through a training provider.

The Job Trial consisted of spending the whole day in the office preparing for 6 tasks set by the CTO. The tasks set were real projects I would be working on if I was offered the job. They wanted to see my approach to delivering projects, this includes my technical, research, and analytical skills. In the end I had to deliver a presentation for each of the tasks to the CTO.

Interview Questions

• See above. Unlike traditional interviews where you are asked theoretical question which has very little to do with actual on the job performance.   Answer Question

Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process wasn't difficult. Everything went smoothly I answered all questions. However recruiter didn't give me any feedback, which is very unprofessional. It's shame, when someone thinks it's they don't feel responsible to provide feedback. It's such an unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe/draw flow from network call to display data on screen.   1 Answer

Junior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics (London, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Three-step process.
    1) Met them at a careers fair and gave them my CV. They emailed back the next week inviting me to an assessment evening.
    2) The assessment lasted for around 4 hours, consisting of a) a 1-hour long individual UX evaluation exercise of a known digital solution ending with a presentation to the rest of the group, b) a short 15min interview talking through some of the UX work I've done, and finally c) a 1-hour long group exercise with the rest of the candidates working on a design brief with a group presentation at the end of it.
    3) Final interview with founder and HR manager. Very short, talked through some of my work and what excited me about working at BB.

Very open office space, nice people, open attitude, interesting projects. Overall good impression.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted directly on linkedin on the Thursday, we arranged a telephone conversation for the Friday. I was invited in on the Tuesday for my first interview, after my interview I had a 20 minute follow-up with the bb Talent Manager to make sure I was happy with the process and the sound of the role as they were still defining job specs. I was invited in to meet with two of the Senior Management team on the Friday. Everything moved very fast and I was kept informed along the way. They definitely keep to their mantra of be bold, be fast, be innovative. I am very excited to join their very passionate team and ready to help evolve bb from a start-up to a world class studio. Bring it on!!

Interview Questions

• How would I apply my experience and knowledge to the work that bb do?   Answer Question

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Basics (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

I was referred to the position by an employee I met at a career event. HR reached out to me right away to set up a phone interview for the next day. They never called. I tried to follow up and reschedule multiple times with no reply. I also have a friend who applied for the same position. They set up a phone interview which was rescheduled at the last minute. They did end up getting a call from HR, but again not at the arranged time.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.