British Airways Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British Airways Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew Interview Questions

Interviews at British Airways

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British Airways (London, England).

Interview

Online Application where you submit your CV and have to provide an example of when you provided excellent customer service.

Once invited to an assessment day, the day is divided up into two parts.

The first half of the day you have to do a role play exercise, a group exercise and a general knowledge test.

Once and if successful, you pass through to the second part of the day which contains a 2 to 1 interview. The interview can last upto 40 minutes but thats not usually the case.

Be prepared for this interview with examples ready for the questions. Don't worry to ask to move on if you cannot answer the question straight away as they will come back to it.

Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you have had to influence/persuade someone to your way of thinking?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for British Airways

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Airways (Heathrow, England) in February 2016.

Interview

On arrival they check your documents. Make sure that you have all they need otherwise you will b sent home. Then they check tattoos and measure. If you have any visible tattoos do no wish your luck. Then role play and group exercise. After that little break and some people will get through to finally interview with Customer Service Manager. Interview last approx 30 mind and is not easy. You need to answer question fully with good example. Day after I have attended assessment day I received an email with job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why BA? Tell me the situation when you had to deal with something under pressure? Tell me the situation when you have provided excellent customer service? Tell me the situation when you had to turn negative into positive? Describe when you had to deal with unhappy customer? What challenges cabin crew face on each flight?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Airways (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Attended the interview at Waterside, was given a pass and told to take a seat. Once all candidates arrived, a few people at a time we were asked to go through to a room where they ensured we met requirements such as height. There was a bit of waiting and then we were called to a room where we were given a presentation on the company and the role by a few senior crew members. In total the waiting after this was around three and half hours of which about 25 mins formed part of an assessment. 20 mins was a group exercise where we were given a scenario in which and aircraft was at its destination with no catering for the return. You basically just had to choose what was required for the return sector with a 10k budget. E.g. 3k for all economy meals. After this was a 5 minute exercise with an assessor where you were were a hotel receptionist and the assessor was a customer who wanted to check in early but their were no rooms unless he wanted to upgrade to a suite. They don't want to pay extra so instead they can stay in the spa for 15 pounds but they are still not happy. After waiting a while the assessors will call who hasn't been successful and then the rest will be called separately. If successful you will under go a competency based interview. The worst part is probably the waiting, the group sizes need to be much smaller. Out of the around 30 people four were asked to stay, all had previous airline experience, positive all cabin crew.

Interview Questions

• You'll also be asked to read a piece of paper in the 5 min exercise   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Airways (Heathrow, England) in February 2015.

Interview

A mix of interview role play and group discussion. The interview consisted of 2 interviewers who took it in turns while one was asking questions the other wrote notes. The role play was customer service based I had 2 minutes to read some information and absorb it and then handle the role play having re read the information out loud to the assessor.

Interview Questions

• How important are rules and regulations to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British Airways (Heathrow, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Hey tbh I was really scared for it but it wasn't as bad as I thought but you just really have to relax and smile and talk to everyone, in the role play you had to read a sheet of paper and then act out a scene with an assessor, all the role plays were the same on the day so I hope this will be yours too, it was based in a hotel about a man who's room wasn't ready and had a meeting so you had to tell him that he could change and shower in the spa but there would be additional charges etc. And if he wanted to complain to follow the correct procedures (this was all written down for you at the start) basically to pass this you can't let him have what he wants you have to be understanding but firm it didn't matter if you forgot part of it as long as you made sure you stuck to what you said. The group activity was easy and was about designing a terminal you just have to make sure that you have an input (also make sure you say that there should be a prayer room so it's culturally diverse, this is a must and get you brownie points with the assessors). There was also a little mini test but it was the easiest thing ever so don't worry. All the activities are done in different orders and then you wait and they call some names (in my AD about half were called) and they took them into a different room and then took us back to the presentation room and we got through. Then you get free sandwiches and crisps if you get through and then you have to wait for the interview I was first to be called for one and it was quite relaxed but they ask you lots about the roles and challenges of cabin crew so make sure you brush up on what's expected and then it's a lot of customer service questions so just memorise loads of examples that can be twisted and made to fit different answers the interview only lasts around 20 mins but the assessors are really nice and understand that your nervous and try to relax you, they also prompt you to answer in the correct way so listen to the way they ask every question.
    Then I waited a week and 2 days and got the email saying I was successful.

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at British Airways (Heathrow, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Group discussion - design a new lounge for BA premium clients. You have different cards describing different facilities and you have to make a consent with your teammates regarding type of facilities to include and budget
    Role play - Hotel receptionist and need to handle to complain from a client (a little notes to read before role play, important to remember the information inside)
    If you are successful in both round, you will proceed to individual interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BA? What will be the biggest challenge as a cabin crew? Tell me a time when you deliver exceptional customer service? Tell me a time when you handle an argument?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Airways (Heathrow, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Got an email back within two days after applying online, along with an invitation to an assessment day at the Waterside recruitment centre. The assessment day dragged on for too long for what we actually did, mostly spent on waiting around as there were a large number of candidates on the same day. They should consider having two completely different types of assessment days/interviews with different levels of difficulties for people with or without previous experience as cabin crew. It's rather unfair to mix people with years of experience working as cabin crew with people with no experience as cabin crew because all of the assessments given to us on the day were the same, and to be honest they were not so difficult either.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Airways (London, England) in October 2011.

Interview

Role play, scenario in customer service, group session to see if you can work in team and face to face interview in the end about competency questions. The important is not find a solution to very difficult situations in role play but they want to see if you are emotionally resilient and if you remain calm even under stress and pressure. In the group session that want to see if you want to be the leader or if you don't talk at all or if you manage work well in a team without being bossy and bully.

Interview Questions

• Team play, good customer service, bad customer service, your skills, why BA, what can you bring to us, talk about yourself, your past jobs, problem with colleagues,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Heathrow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at British Airways (Heathrow, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Same as everyone describes.
    First we have to give all the documents.
    After the 'fit' check where we are measured and told to do some security things (make sure you can pull the 'pull to inflate tag' holding on the handle...).
    Then they take everyone to explain a bit how the company works, what it's all about, rosters...
    And after all that comes the roll play (1-1 where you have to read and deal with an upset passenger) and the group activity (where the most important is to a be a good team player and stay calm and friendly with your colleagues).

When all that is done, they call the people in two separate groups where they say if you are successful or not (you never see the other group again). And you go on to the next stage which is the interview.
    The interview is a 1-2 face to face and they keep on asking questions about experiences in different scenarios and your reactions or your feelings. It's not a difficult interview, just be yourself and as natural as possible. There is no need to be nervous, they are really patient and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Airways (London, England) in July 2016.

Interview

First fill out your form, then present all documents to reception for Document check then reach test, group test, role play and personal interview. Think that's the order. Some eliminations along the way. I only got to the documentation check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the right to live and work in the uk?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.