British American Tobacco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British American Tobacco Interview Questions

Updated 8 Jan 2018

3.3

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Online testing, phone interview, interview, I am still waiting for response in regardence of the next cycle of interviews, they are professional but it takes to long the whole process is lasting up to now a month. B

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Structured with alot of probing, the Hiring Manager did not ask much technical questions as they probe more on what you explained through your work experience. The Hiring Managers are well versed with their business and sell very well on their job opportunities and career development

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your weakness, strength, achievements   1 Answer

Logistic Coordinator Interview

Interview

There is was two part individual and team interview. On the individual part you should've take a test and also do an interview with the managements. Then on the team, there is was scenario / a case that the team needed to discuss about and come up with a recommendations and present the case.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in March 2012.

Interview

1.Phoe interview
    2. Assessment for resolve in team and individually
    3.. You have to present your own solution, they are gonna make questions to know how you react to certain situations - This related with sales and marketing
    4. The case was no related with cigarettes, it was actually about candies.

Interview Questions

• Experiences in sales
      Expectations   2 Answers

Accounts Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2009.

Interview

Post job advertisment in the local dailies, contact for interview, provide refreshments, iice breakers and aptitude tests. Friendly, receptive interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Benefits and salsries are comprtitive and attractive: there isn't much to negotiate.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

The interview was a free discussion with two Team Leaders, accompanied by several online tests to identify numerical skills, personality, attitude, along with an English test sustained at their offices.

Global Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

Many Rounds include CV Skimming, Online Tests, Phone Interview, Face-to-face Interview and Assessment Center. The assessment center was three-fold: Supplier Selection, Investment and Marketing Plan.
    Assessment center takes the pressure of time limitation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process already published online. I will only focus on 2 final rounds.
    The Assessment Center takes a whole day, from 9am to 7pm. There are 3 rounds, 2 in the morning, then lunch, then 1 in the afternoon.
    The 1st rounds is about team work. A case study of a drink company is presented and you have to choose the 2 best suppliers for the company. There are 6 suppliers and 6 critera to judge. Each candidates (6 in total) will be represent a department from the company, who are instructed to favor 1 supplier and disqualify 1 supplier. The point of the test is to evaluate the ability to work in team, respect, reason, protect idea, contributing idea, collaborating skill, not the result (examiners do not even ask about the result, they assess when you work and discuss).
    2nd round is about choosing investing plan. 3 investing plan are provided with different context, risk, opportunity. You have to break it down in 25 min, then present your opinion to 2 examiners. Again, it is not about the choice, it is about how you reason and support your claim. The examiner will try to shake your reason, hold on to it (of course with reason, support and claim).
    3rd round is about making marketing plan under time pressure. A 10 - page-or-more document provided including email, reference, some data. 55 min is allowed to read and prepare Powerpoint presentation (laptop and mouse provided, and it is shorter than you might think). Then you present your idea, execution plan. The point is to test your creativity and reasoning ability under pressure. Time management is crucial.

Final Meeting with head of function is rather informal. It is all about you up to this point. Note that up to this point, it is not the matter of ability any more, it is the matter of commitment and orientation (you can't show them your career path that is way off track to what they provide, or any sign that you may have low commitment to the program). I suggest the 90-first-day plan to show your commitment. Be serious for what your say.

And good luck!

Internship Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Lausanne (Switzerland)).

Interview

i've applied online, and the got a mail to pass the cultural test. these are the steps

Culture Questionnaire
    • Cognitive Tests – verbal and numerical reasoning
    • Telephone Interview
    • Leadership Preference Questionnaire
    • Face-to-face Interview
    • Assessment Exercises

Finance(Accounts Payables) Interview

Interview

I was shortlisted on application then failed on the culture questionnaire, I didn't think it would be that much a big deal. its so confusing btw, at one point you don't know what to choose!!

Interview Questions

• have you worked at BAT before   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.