British American Tobacco Senior Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British American Tobacco Senior Scientist Interview Questions

Senior Scientist Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiter who sent my CV to BAT. I was asked by the company to complete my online profile with information about my education, employment history etc. I then received an invitation to the next step of the recruitment process, which was to complete a cognitive assessment test. I was given a week to do so. It wasn't clear how many tests there might be but I was asked to ensure I do all of them. After I completed a numerical reasoning test, I opened the link again and it said the task had been completed. However, a few hours before the deadline I received another email saying I still need to complete a verbal reasoning test, which was very annoying. Since the tests completion, my profile status was 'under initial review' for quite some time. I kept in touch with the recruiter but he had no update from the BAT regarding my application. I even tried to contact the company directly but they weren't very helpful. A month and a few days after the tests completion, the recruiter told me the company rejected my application as I did not have enough experience for the role. I found it very unprofessional that the company asked me to do the reasoning test and said I proceeded to the next step of the recruitment process to later tell me my CV was not strong enough. They should not have asked me to spend my time on the tests if they did not think I was a good candidate for the role.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.