British Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British Gas Interview Questions

Updated 11 Jul 2018

2.9

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Gas (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

easy and to the point, started with a phone interview eventually leading to a conversation with the hiring manager where we talked about what should i expect while i was going to spend my time in an office and on the gas plant, schedules and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• why i felt i was capable to endure office and field work   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Gas in June 2014.

Interview

You apply - then if selected complete some tests online, if successful schedule a telephone interview and role play. If successful you reach the final stage interview. Good set up

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have given excellent customer service   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at British Gas.

Interview

Recruiter hadn't read my cv and went ahead to let me know. Interview was fine except for that horrible start.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Bait and switch tactics used.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at British Gas (Edinburgh, Scotland) in July 2013.

Interview

I was currently employed with British Gas and had been for several internal vacancies. I felt that the interviewer had already decided who they will employ for most of these interviews. However, this was the first interview that I felt that they asked fair questions and provided clear advise of how to prepare.

Interview Questions

• It's been so long so I can't remember the questions but they do use the STAR technique in interviews (Situation, task, Action and Result)   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at British Gas (London, England).

Interview

Applied online and received a call from HR. After a few simple questions I was asked to attend a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview took place without issue and then they went quiet. I emailed twice, rang the HR guy (who promised to get back to me) and then emailed again. I never got any response, acknowledgement or even a rejection. Just silence. I have no idea if this behaviour is typical of British Gas.

Interview Questions

• Few technical questions but lots on leadership. Tell me about a time when you managed someone out of the business? What is your leadership style? How do you motivate a team?   1 Answer

IT Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at British Gas (Staines, England) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview with line manager where he went over the role and expectations and I was asked to give a brief overview of skills to make sure it was a good match. Duration 20 mins.

Face to face interview 2 days later, kind repeating the above and going into a bit more detail. Interview was with the line manager and one of the senior team members. Nice straight forward interview with none of these fluffy HR type questions. Duration 1 hour.

Interview was at 11:00, by 13:00 I had an offer which I accepted.

If only all interviews were as straight forward as this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous role.   Answer Question
    • Outline what you think makes you a good candidate for the role.   1 Answer

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Gas (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Relax atmosphere
    one on one and group session
    presentation

Filled in a short online application followed by a few competence tests. Passed all and invited to a telephone interview via email. After re reading the email I found the recruiter had my name wrong!! I required about this to check the email was meant for me and it turns out it was so all good. I had the telephone interview and was told I had been successful and would be invited to an assessment day. An hour later I get a phone call from the person who had just interviewed me trying to conduct the same interview again, I explained to them that I had already been successful and was advised that she had made a mistake and was supposed to call someone else and should wait for an email with the dates of assessment. This email never came and despite a number of attempts to resolve this via email I have been completely ignore and am totally soured by this whole experience and can't help but feel the company is completely shambolic as my identity has been confused on 3 separate occasions. My advise would be to avoid.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at British Gas (London, England) in July 2013.

Interview

The initial contact went really well. The HR lady was very personable and friendly. We had a first phone interview that was quite informal. She then scheduled a face to face interview with the corporate HR manager and the division HR head. It was a competency based interview looking to understand the fit of the candidate with British Gas' values. They were both professional and to the point.
    I would recommend researching those values and preparing short, impactful stories to highlight your fit.

Overall, they were professional. The very disappointing part for me was that I actually never got an answer from them despite reaching out multiple times to the HR contacts I had. Disappointing coming from an organisation like British Gas.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you put yourself in your customer shoes   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at British Gas (Manchester, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Talk about past experiences qualifications
    Experience what do i bring to the company just be ur self there is no better advice i can give anyone if you get knocked back then work on ur experience challange ur skills and try again!

He who dares WINS!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Gas (London, England) in June 2012.

Interview

3 stage process, easy to excel just be prepared with STAR technique and you will be god to go. Might be asked to do a presentation with a group of people, easy task
    - HR phone assessment
    - Group assessment
    - 1-2-1 interview

Interview Questions

• - Describe a negative situation and how your worked around it   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.