British Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British Gas Interview Questions

Interviews at British Gas

2.9

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Gas (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

easy and to the point, started with a phone interview eventually leading to a conversation with the hiring manager where we talked about what should i expect while i was going to spend my time in an office and on the gas plant, schedules and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• why i felt i was capable to endure office and field work   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Gas in June 2014.

Interview

You apply - then if selected complete some tests online, if successful schedule a telephone interview and role play. If successful you reach the final stage interview. Good set up

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have given excellent customer service   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Gas (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England).

Interview

In-person interview and assessment centre. The assessment centre comprised of a test and a presentation using the materials provided on the assessment.
    Overall, the assessment itself wasn't bad or too difficult but it was probably the worst run interview I've had.
    They mentioned the interview would be around an hour, but it ended up taking over three hours. Also, the offices are in Slough, and I asked beforehand if the travel costs could be expensed as it's really far from where I lived. They said it should be ok, but after the interview, I contacted the hiring manager again about this, but never received a response. They also told me they were happy with me and the manager would invite me back to the office the following week for a coffee and a chat, but I never heard back from them. I'm perfectly fine if they were not going to offer me the job, but to ignore me completely after the final assessment was really unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at British Gas (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

Was really pleased to have a thorough interview and told lots about the role but feel like I could have been given more feedback, particularly towards the end. There were also points where I feel like my questions weren't completely answered.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was pretty straightforward and efficient. It comprises of an online assessment, phone interview and an assessment centre. I was able to complete all three within the span of a month. The online assessment involved looking at data and doing some calculations to interpret the data.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British Gas (Leicester, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Extremely slow, overly stretched out, not at all Professional. Over 6 weeks to find out if you even have a job. Extremely unprofessional and very judgemental. Sent to do call listening but person I was seated next took one call in about 30 minutes rest of the time sat there talking about other things.

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Gas (Leicester, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and informal. Started with a group interview and the after did individual presentation. The final step was has a role play of a call with a customer to see how you can deal with different customer and how to resolve their query.

Interview Questions

• What quality makes a great customer service?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at British Gas.

Interview

About 1 hour, very thorough. more of a personal interview than a business one. no pressure at all. I found it to be a very laid back interview and could tell it was a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you most in life ?   1 Answer

Placement Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Gas (Leicester, England) in April 2019.

Interview

group assessment and 1 on 1 interview, Group was given a project and was assessed by a group of company members. Interviews were mainly motivational and competency questions which lasted for about 30 to 40 mins.

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Gas (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

From memory there were two online assessments. A telephone screening. Fave to face interview. Practical test which involves answering calls from distgrutalled customers. When it comes to the calls just stick to the script and hold you ground as the caller will test your patience.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions like Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.