British Heart Foundation Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British Heart Foundation Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at British Heart Foundation

2.4

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation.

Interview

Unprofessional and time wasting, I was asked more questions about my hair colour than anything relevant to the job or my experience. When I asked if they had any interview questions, I was met with a change in personality and felt I was being rushed through it to get me out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing relevant to the role and were more interested in my opinions on their social life   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for British Heart Foundation

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England).

Interview

I was a volunteer and the manager told me that it was a vacancy and suggested me to apply. I did it and I had the interview after a week or two weeks.
    The interview was one to one with the manager and the questions were typical.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview was in the shop where I am currently working for 35 minutes. The interview was with the Shop Manager.
    The questions were simple, direct and the regular you can practice in advance. Good atmosphere and you feel relax and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Who do you decide the priority on your duties?   Answer Question
    • Describe how do you proceed if you are in the shop by yourself?   Answer Question
    • If you are working with volunteers how do your behalf with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (London, England).

Interview

I had gone online to learn that there was a paid Saturday sales assistant in the same shop I had been volunteering at for roughly 4 and a half years. I managed to get as far as an interview with the area manager and told to wait roughly half a week to hear back which I thought was a pretty good turn around time compared to some other companies. I had come to realise that I was up against not much competition at all for getting the job.

I then got feedback from the area manager saying that my experience in general which was shown through the interview questions that I was asked along with the fact of security aspects of things for being in charge at such an age of 20 years old would not be worth the risk of letting me get the job.

Yet they decided to employ someone who was external to the company over someone aka myself who has had years worth of experience first hand as a volunteer.

The system of promotion to staff internally within to be able to work their way up the ranks from volunteer to certain levels of manager are not worth trying no matter how much experience internally you have had with the charity.

Staffing issues seem to be an issue more and more so as time goes on in the shop I volunteered in for numerous years but is not helped by the staffing not being there that would prevent the whole security issue being there in the first place. It is one big horrible circle to go through as the reasons of staffing and security all lead back to each other in one big mess.

Not only to mention of how do you expect a 20 year old to have experience in any kind of management role at all of any kind. The so called training on the job is meant to be what that covers which would include aspects such as paperwork and cashing up for example.
    I have all the customers service experience and stock sorting and replenishment skills so why let security due to poor staffing issues and what seems to be lack of willingness to be trained on the job let someone down.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope individually and manage your team if there was a big load such as a donation when you are short on staff?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Lewisham, England) in September 2019.

Interview

I turned up for an interview as a Sales Assistant. The manager took me into his office and claimed the lightbulb was broken so he had to interview me in the dark. He hadn’t bothered to read my CV. The then proceeded to tell me that the job I had applied for wasn’t actually the job he was interviewing for. He was instead interviewing for someone to work on the telephone booking collections in their “call centre”. He said he didn’t have a job description for this role. Would I like to continue? Alarm bells were ringing at this point. Several things occurred to me.
    A. The position had already been filled
    B. He already had someone else in mind and was hoping his ploys would put me off
    C. He was terribly disorganised and I should give him the benefit of the doubt
    D. My face didn’t fit from the get go
    He then proceeded to tell me he didn’t have any prepared questions for the role he was interviewing for. He asked a few questions in a disinterested manor. Showed me around and then dismissed me.

Interview Questions

• Why British Heart Foundation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glenrothes, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Glenrothes, Scotland) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email asking when I could come in and went in later that week. Went to the shop upstairs in the staff room and sat down with the managers. They asked me general interview questions and then discussed when I could start and volunteer there.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation.

Interview

had to complete cv and survey questions then I was invited a few weeks later for a 1 to 1 interview at the back of the shop with couple pages of questions but a chilled/relaxed atmosphere and good interview experience overall

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Birmingham, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Called in for interview then basic questions about retail amd the company. It is all about them getting to know you and how well you work in retail. Very chilled and relaxed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Exeter, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online first, then got a call to arrange an interview 2 weeks later. Face to face interview took about 40 minutes. Questions about your skills, personality, experiences. The atmosphere was good. People are nice, but don't let the friendly environment make you so relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Heart Foundation (Sheffield, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Takes about 30 mins alot of talk about them so brush up on the company will be asked if you have ever work with vulnerable people your interests if you have ever bought anything from any of their shops what was it where did you buy it etc etc alot of long winded questions

Interview Questions

• If id ever done any sort of fund raising   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.