Build-A-Bear Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 9 Nov 2018

2.4

Sort:

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Very much a hurry up and wait situation. I applied online, had a phone interview with HR then met with the hiring manager. I was then brought back for an entire day of interviews from 8 to 4 - back to back with a quick break for lunch, and time to fill out online assessments that ask how much meth and/or marijuana I have done on the job or at home or what amount of money I would consider stealing from the company (!!)

Some of my conversations were extremely enjoyable and others - not so much.

I was then told by HR that a decision would be made the next week. Then told it would be in two weeks. Then told it would be another month. Then I never heard from them again. I contacted the hiring manager for feedback and a check in nearly two months after I interviewed ... no response. It just doesn't seem like they have their act together; which is a shame because some of the people I did meet were extremely nice.

Part Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear in November 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, me and one other applicant. The manager asked us three maybe for questions each, then we were done. They explained the uniform and answered any questions we had, and said they would let me know within five days (because the interview was on a Friday, and they don't start new people on the weekends)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

They just asked general questions. Nothing too specific. Just the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear in April 2017.

Interview

First there was a group interview, which was very relaxed but didn't guarantee everyone a chance to talk if they didn't make the chance themselves. Next was an interview with the managers, which was more intimidating because they seemed much less interested and invested.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Took about 4 weeks to get a job offer. I was recruited by the store manager. She invited me to come and visit the store. I was in the store for about 21/2 hours. A week later I got a phone call to as was asked to interview with the district manager and another meeting with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my business history, management style, customer service skills, and what I could bring to Build A Bear?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you work as a team to get your staff motivated to meet sales goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

With each interview i had, the more I want to be with this company.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Tulsa, OK (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

quick and easy nothing to crazy. it was over the phone with other store mangers but it took place in store and district and regional managers. it is a great place to work and i would recommend it to anyone that love to help kids and make people smile.

Interview Questions

• how would you motivate your team to do better when things have not been going so well?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very awkward. Arriving promptly on time, I had to wait for the employee that was to interview me to get back from lunch, just to find out that she wasn't going to talk with me and instead I was to do a survey on a computer. Before a single employee, aside from the receptionist, talked with me, a computer survey was asking me how often I've done meth on the job and how often I've stolen from an employer over the last 3 years. Never have I been so offended. I almost left before meeting with the developers, but figured that it wasn't their fault and I wouldn't return such awkward rudeness in like.

Interview Questions

• How often have you done meth on the job in the last 3 years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear in March 2015.

Interview

After I submitted resume, they sent me an e-mail in three days and scheduled an on phone interview. The phone call was about 15-20 minutes. The interviewer asked me some really basic questions, confirmed my career goal, education background, and skill sets. I think the interviewer was nice at that time.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waldorf, MD (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Waldorf, MD (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was asked to dress casually or appeal to the atmosphere of the work place (appeal to children). I was asked about my previous and current jobs and availability. The interviewer seemed to want to get me comfortable with them.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for us?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Bloomington, IN (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I went in and was handed a form to fill out related to my refferences and such. We then went to a table and had a conversation about why each one of us wanted to work at build a bear and asked us some questions about our weaknesses and biggest achievements. Afterwords we all went into the store and were told to pick out a bear, why we liked it, and to try and sell it to them.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.