Bumble Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 126 of over 126 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Bumble (Austin, TX)

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in person interview with hiring manager and reporting manager. It was quick and easy, and I was told in the interview that they would like to move forward

Interview Questions
  • Do you have a Bumble Profile?
    Answer Question

Bumble

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bumble

Interview

Three stages of fairly informal chats and questions, one with the recruiter, one with line manager, and one with the rest of the team. The first was a phone call and the other two were video interviews through Google Hangout.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions like why do you want this role? Why at Bumble?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bumble (London, England, England)

Interview

Call with hr. My main feedback is that they describe the role as a data analyst but really they want a data scientist, which can waste applicants time. Also there seemed to be a misalignment between hr and the line manager as to which skills it was important to possess

Interview Questions
  • What is the possible impact of short term changes to increase revenue on the long term?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bumble (Austin, TX)

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen with a recruiter. Two weeks later had a virtual interview scheduled with the hiring manager but the hiring manager never joined the meeting. The recruiter emailed me at the time of the interview and said the hiring manager had an urgent issue and asked if I could reschedule for later that day or the following week. I responded but never heard from the recruiter again. I followed back up weeks later and the recruiter said they were going a different direction with the role and would follow up but I have never heard from her again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bumble (Barcelona) in Apr 2021

Interview

First step was to receive a contact from an external recruiter and join a 15 minutes call where it was explained what they expected and I mentioned my overall experience. I've mentioned I didn't have specific experience with mobile native apps, and was told that should not be a problem. I asked him to submit my CV to Bumble and mention that, and it seemed that Bumble team was ok, really quickly they sent me an "Online Test" very specific to Mobile applications that I was able to finish anyway, but obviously not nailing on details. After that I got absolutely no contact from the company for more than a week, I'm assuming I wasn't a good fit (not a problem, I was really out of my confort zone), but I'm really sad with the lack of information, that tells me a lot of the company culture and how they treat their employees, felt like joining one of those terrorist processes from 90's when applying the big corps.

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between Simulators and Emulators for mobile testing?
  • When the function onResume() is called on Android OS?
  • Mobile Apps usually crashes more often between 18 and 21h, what could be a possible cause?
  • What is the android file's extension?
  • It's your first day working here, you have access to 30 versions of the software, but no access to the code. No one else is online to help you. How would be the quickest way to define in which version a bug was included?
  • If you open a bug as "major", but the developer say it's "minor", what do you do?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bumble (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Just a normal hiring process: - Initial call with the recruiter - An one-hour-long Q&A session with two designers in which everyone including me asked questions in our turn. - A portfolio review session in which I presented two cases from my past works. The communication in between interviews was poor and I had to follow up a couple of times with the recruiter. I got rejected for the senior role after 3 weeks from the last interview and after sending 2 follow-up emails to the recruiter about the decision. The recruiter told me I need to improve my UI skills so they offered me a midlevel position, which was a bit surprising to me, I've never had such feedback in my 8+ years of experience, in which I worked in Senior/lead positions at least for the last 5 years of it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bumble (Houston, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

1) Received an email from the talent team with an invite for an interview same week with internal Senior Recruiter. Accepted and quickly arranged date/time for the call. 2) Phone call with Senior Recruiter where she explained where the company is today and what they were seeking for the role. Talked about my experience, what I was seeking, etc. Positive conversation that lead to an invite to talk with the hiring manager the same week considering the role needed to be filled urgently. Seemed like a good match. 3) Video call with Hiring Manager. The person seemed uninterested from start. He introduced himself three times and let me know that the interview was going to be "a quick one", and that if I had any questions I could email them to HR. Showed me a video of what they were working on, let me know that the company was "very rich" with tons of benefits, that they are growing the team and are urgently in need of a Motion Designer. He seemed cool in-spite of the lack of interest in me. Not many questions flagging they probably met their ideal candidate. He asked from me to send a couple of videos through HR which were never seen. Never heard back. Had to send a couple of follow ups to get a response. I was told that the hiring manager was on a break and I should hear shortly ("next week"). 2-3 weeks later I thanked them for their time and wished them the best. Sometimes a generic email saying that it wasn't a fit could help with the image you leave on candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bumble (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Interview process was organised in 4 steps and was fairly efficient. Talent managers provided good communication throughout and interviewers were very engaged and pleasant. Probably one of the best interview processes I went through. Every member of the team was helpful and showing a lot of empathy.

Interview Questions
  • Design patterns and ability to architect average to complex systems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bumble (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

3 stages: * 1st: video call with hiring manager, just to align expectations (15-20 mins) * 2nd: video call with 2 senior engineers, technical questions, coding in PHP and SQL, theory (75-90 mins) * 3rd: video call with engineering manager, system design interview, very detailed and very theoretical (90 mins)

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bumble

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bumble

Interview

The interview itself was not bad but there was no reason for it to take 2+ months to make decisions regarding a role. It is hard to remain motivated and interested about a role when everything seems to drag and weeks go by between contact from the company.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 126 Interviews