Bumble Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Bumble

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Interview

I normally don’t leave reviews on things like this, but this experience was so negative that I felt like I had to. I had my initial recruiting call via video chat and felt like it went well. They didn’t have an in depth understanding of the day to day of the role, but said that I seemed like “a great potential fit”. I agree on paper it felt very much like previous startups I had worked at so was eager to explore more. Interview winds down and the recruiter asks me “ What are your salary requirements?” Now I’m used to this song and dance and respond that I can get a number to them once I talk with someone on the team and learn more about the day to day responsibilities. (ie this recruiter didn’t even know if I was going to have direct reports etc. and obviously this would affect what my salary requirements would be). I then asked if they had a particular salary range they were trying to work within. The recruiter repeated my question back to me, didn’t respond to it, and then insisted on “the absolute lowest number I’d accept”. I was put off by this question. I never gave a direct answer, but did say I would definitely get a better understanding on any next steps. I was told I would hear back to schedule a second call, but then received a canned email rejection nearly two weeks later.

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bumble.

Interview

The initial stages of the interview were great. The on-staff recruiter was responsive and prompt and we moved ahead after a phone screen to a writing test. After that, I waited a long time to hear back. Instead of a personal response from the recruiter I'd been in touch with explaining someone else had gotten the job, I was sent a message through automation software and did not get a response when I asked for feedback on my test if possible. I would have appreciated more transparency around how many people they were considering and what they were looking for, as the process took 5 weeks and it seemed like I had a good chance so I ended up feeling strung along.

Product Marketing Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bumble (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Really unorganized process. You can count on being the one that always checks in to get a status of your application. Upon speaking to a hiring manager, they told me they were interested in moving forward. But due to the "restructure" the company was going through, I was told to be patient, and that the role was going to take longer than usual to fill. So 10 weeks of continuously following up, being told they were working on pushing you forward, but never with any kind of concrete feedback. And with the introduction of COVID, it was totally understandable. Except that after the 10 weeks, I was told that they were no longer going to fill the role. No apology, no empathy, no real explanation. And I came to recently find out that they did in fact fill the role. But for some reason it wasn't in their best interest to be transparent with me. Was mentally really draining, and turned the idea of dream job into a company I could never consider applying for again. Bumble has very little regard for the job application process, and don't do a good job of staying honest with their applicants.

Interview Questions

• What's a product that you took to market that you're really proud of? Tell us what features or capabilities you would add to Bumble to make the user-experience better?   Answer Question

US Field Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bumble (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn and scheduled a phone interview 1 week later. Then, I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then we scheduled another phone interview for one week later. Next, I had a phone interview with the Jr. Field Events Manger and again, we scheduled an interview for one week later. Finally, I was asked to come to the Bumble headquarters for a final interview with the recruiter, Jr. Field Events Manager, Sr. Field Events Manager, and Director of Filed Events. I waited two weeks for a final decision. The recruiter was great at keeping me posted through out on how much longer the wait would be.

Everyone was great. There was one 1:1 interview that made me question my fit with the company/role. It didn't seem like the role was quite thought out and the questions I was asked were not aligned with what the company decided they were looking for. My advice to the company is even though the role may change as someone begins in it, to know what the basis of what they are looking for is and that everyone on the team knows what the role the interviewee is applying for and the responsibilities related to said role.

I think overall the process was easy and really kind of fun! There are good vibes coming from Bumble and I wish them all the best as the continue to grow.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why Bumble?   1 Answer
    • Q: Tell me about a time you received feedback and what you did with that feedback   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you give feedback?   Answer Question
    • Q: Do you want to have work/life balance?   Answer Question

4 Nov 2019 – People and Culture Team

Thank you for your thoughtful and positive review of your interview experience! We are a fast-paced start up and things change a lot in the Bumble world, but we appreciate your notes here and will take this feedback on board to continue to improve our recruitment process. We appreciate you taking time to get to know us and we wish you all the best!

Campus Director Interview

Interview

Mostly online interview they did not call. It was all based on my online survey I completed and then after I submitted it I got an email saying that I got the job. It may be more competitive at other schools though

Interview Questions

• Asked about your background and social media following   1 Answer

26 Jun 2019 – People and Culture Team

Thank you for sharing your experience becoming a freelance ambassador on your campus! We appreciate your work as a Bumble Honey spreading our mission to your community <3

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bumble (Austin, TX (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with recruiter, then a video interview with counsel. Both were very kind and easy to talk to, which made the process a breeze. The questions were mostly about contract experience as that seemed to be the main focus of the position. Did not make it to the last step, but was appreciative of their feedback as to why I didn’t. Would definitely apply to another position!

Interview Questions

• If you were reviewing a contract for an event Bumble was sponsoring, what issues would you look for?   1 Answer

29 Jul 2019 – People and Culture Team

Thank you for your time during our interview process and for your continued interest in Bumble. We appreciate you getting to know us better and for letting us get to know you as well! Please do keep an eye on our careers pages for future opportunities :)

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bumble (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

It was a phone interview with the Hiring Manager and she was really nice. She was not scary and she was very interested in all the work that I had done before. Although I did not get the job, I appreciated the fact that she was prompt in responding to me with their decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time there was a problem and you came up with an innovative solution.   1 Answer

9 Apr 2019 – People and Culture Team

Thank you for your interview feedback! We appreciate your time getting to know us better and for letting us learn more about your background as well. Please do keep us in mind for any future roles that may be a fit!

Junior Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bumble.

Interview

Haley Scruggs is an amazing recruiter and will go the extra mile to get answers for you to help you grow. I didn't get the position, but I really enjoyed talking to her and getting feedback on why I didn't make it to the next round. Not every company will take the time to get back to you with what went wrong specifically with your interview process so I am extremely appreciative of that.

Interview Questions

• What's a project you're truly proud of?   1 Answer

1 Mar 2019 – People and Culture Team

We think Haley is an amazing recruiter, too! She definitely embodies the Bumble values and always leads with kindness. Thank you for your kind words and for taking time to let us get to know you better during this process. Please do keep us in mind as we continue to grow - there may be a great fit for us in the future!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bumble (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I received instruction for a writing sample a few days after applying, then was brought in for an interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The position was explained to me in more detail and I answered a couple behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back almost immediately as the position needed to be filled right away.

When I heard back, I was told I hadn't received the position for the fall internship, but that I was perfect for the position. My interviewer told me that if I still wanted the same internship in the spring, the position was mine. She told me to reach back out in November, and that she was setting a reminder in her own calendar to reach out to me at that time as well. She also told me she would be happy to meet up and get coffee anytime to keep in touch in the meantime.

We then matched on Bumble Bizz, and I reminded her who I was and asked if I could take her up on the offer to get coffee. I received no response there, so I went back to the original email thread and asked to meet up for coffee there as well. Again, no response. When November came, I sent an email saying that I was still interested in the spring position and asked how to move forward. Once again, I didn’t hear back. I sent another email a few weeks later saying that I had applied to the position online, and still didn’t hear back. I ultimately got the automated rejection email almost a month later.

For a company whose platform is deliberately anti-ghosting, this was such a frustrating process. I wasted time and energy trying to follow-up about a position that I was told would be mine, only to be ghosted myself. I still haven’t heard back from my interviewer once. The whole exchange was very unprofessional. I would have really appreciated a response, even if just to say “We chose to move in a different direction.” In that case, at least I could have moved forward more deliberately with other companies and positions.

At this point, I wouldn’t even want to work here. My experience led me to believe that the culture built on kindness and transparency is flaunted around for publicity but not practiced in day-to-day exchanges.

Interview Questions

• How does this position align with your past experience and career goals?   1 Answer

2 Jan 2019 – People and Culture Team

Thank you for following up after your interview process. Bumble (and our team members) lead with our values and are always focused on our mission to end misogyny. We are sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response from the hiring manager for this internship opportunity. They will be reaching out to you directly. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to make this right!

Product Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bumble.

Interview

Applied in late June. Received a response a few days later and asked to complete a 3-part assignment by July 1. I followed up a week later, and again the week after that. I was rejected later that day, following my second follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Explain what Bumble's products are to a group of college students.   1 Answer

2 Jan 2019 – People and Culture Team

We are grateful for your feedback on our interview process. We believe it is crucial follow up with applicants as soon as there are updates to share throughout the process. Additionally, we have grown our People and Culture team from one person to four since your application date to ensure that we are able to provide a positive and responsive process for our candidates. Thank you for your time applying to the Hive!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.