Bupa Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Bupa

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bupa (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

3 rounds, 2 over the phone one face to face with 4 different managers.
    Took an assessment and I'm still waiting for the answer.
    I'm gonna give it one more week to move forward with another company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Human Resources Interview

Interview

They wanted someone in role fast. I had the right credentials but the role was not well described (they didn't know what the position would be given that the company was in flux). Fast process and consequently didn't hire the right person for the role.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bupa (Miami, FL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

I couldn't see the department, because they were interviewing for a position for someone they were firing. That was a mistake, because the office space was very small and crowded. Had I gone through the normal interview process, I probably would have not accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated a bit.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bupa (Miami, FL (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

It was easy, direct and well done. It fit the purpose nicely and I could get the whole idea of the company and position and tell th recruiter my experience and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What could I accomplish and why did I want to work in that company?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bupa (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Smooth application process.

After submitting my resume I received a three part assessment to be completed.

The first part included questions about your personality and understanding of how other people want you to behave/social norms.

Second part was an analytical assessment with 50 questions to be completed in 20 minutes. Best way to get through this is to try and get the questions you think you can attempt correctly. They are possibly testing how well you perform under stress as well, other than a basic understanding of numbers, patterns and language.

The third part was a call simulation with a computer screen. You have options on how to respond to a customer. It also involves navigating around the screen to access and add different information.

After completing the assessments I received a call saying I had gotten through to the interview stage at their assessment center.

Great introduction to the people and team working there. A presentation on Bupa and what they are looking for. Some more details about the role. Some light activities to break the ice and also a small 1 minute presentation on a topic they provide you notes on.

After this they give you a tour of the floor where you will be working and then head on to the actual interview. There were two people interviewing each candidate. They skipped over the generic strengths and weaknesses questions. And also the "tell me about yourself" question. Which was good because it made me feel like they had actually read my resume before interviewing me.

Best advice is to relax, the people there were super friendly and will make you feel comfortable. I am someone who is terrible with interviews and it's the first time I felt this relaxed so hats off to the team there.

Received a call the next day saying they were happy with me and they are conducting police and reference checks at the moment.

PeopleSoft Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bupa (Manchester, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Pre screening by phone with HR Team. Interview with Team Leader and Manager in a tiny room on bar stools. Half way through interview told compulsory working form home for 2 days a week which had never been mentioned before by Agency or HR Team.

Interview Questions

• Competancy questions based on company values.   1 Answer

19 Nov 2018 – Resourcing Business Partner

Thank you for your review of your recent interview experience. We’re disappointed and sorry to hear no one has been in contact to provide you with feedback. This not acceptable and is not reflective... More

Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bupa (Staines, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied in company website. Contacted by recruiter for phone interview. Phone interview with manager and then a face to face interview followed by an on line maths test. Felt that the interview went well but that they didn't really know what they were looking for as the description kept changing. After the whole process above got zero feedback.. wasn't even told I had been unsuccessful! Internal recruiter ignored my polite follow up emails. Gave a very bad impression of the company so glad not to be selected!

Interview Questions

• Was asked totally irrelevant questions about maths formulas. This was done by the head of department to test how you respond to situations. It I think it was more just to make people uncomfortable   2 Answers

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bupa (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

A two interview process. Relaxed and friendly. Highly concentrated on past experience and what that will bring to the role; perhaps as against opportunities to express new ideas. Allowed time to be asked questions of. Though probably did not offer enough about the role on offer to properly provide a basis for your own questions. All in all, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you failed or been heavily challenged in your past role? How did you overcome this?   Answer Question

22 Feb 2018 – Digital Talent Coordinator

Hi there,
    Thanks for taking the time to review our recruitment process. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience!

If you'd like to give more feedback feel free to reach out to us on... More

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bupa (Brighton, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Several online competency and personality tests around five, followed by face-to-face interview. Interviewed by 2 people. Fairly formal but friendly interview, quite formulaic. Mostly questions about previous employment, rather than me personally.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you showed leadership in your previous job?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bupa (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

I had my first interview with Bupa whereby I met the Director and HIA. The interview itself was quite straightforward with the general questions asked such as why Bupa, why leaving currently employment, risks in Bupa, talk through your CV, challenging stakeholder etc.

My interview was on 26 Nov 2018 and since then I have been chasing them for feedback. I continuously chased with no response. Eventually in Jan 2019, I emailed to say I will be pulling out and they were sorry.

I said, I'll stay in if they can tell me within a week what was my outcome even if it was a no. But they didn't. I chased yet again however no response. It's been three months since my interview and haven't heard anything back.

If they can treat a potential candidate like, I wonder how do they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• Talk through your CV, why Bupa, why this role, long-term career objectives, Bupa risks, how would you audit customer complaints, challenging stakeholder etc.   Answer Question

5 Mar 2019 – Attraction & Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a review and we're really sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. This is not reflective of the experience we wish candidates to receive and we'll... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.