Cabinet Office UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cabinet Office UK Interview Questions

Interviews at Cabinet Office UK

3.1

Freelancer Interview

Interview

I submitted a basic CV and went through one interview.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions. It was mainly focused on my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was fixed.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK (London, England) in December 2020.

Interview

Apply online, where you have to answer various witter questions. If successful you'll be invited to an interview 3 weeks later. You have to complete a written assessment beforehand. The assessment is straightforward but you have a limited time to complete it. The interview includes a presentation and 3/4 strengths based questions.

SDIP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK.

Interview

Online application followed by an online behavioural test. On passing the same - you would get 6-8 prompts. You have to write answers to that. Once you pass that stage, you will be invited to a final round telephonic interview. Post that you, you will be told about the outcome of your application

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the function of the Civil Service?
      What sector do you find interest in?   Answer Question

Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK (London, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Interview based on behaviours as outlined in the specification. Was conducted via Zoom due to Covid. Panel asked questions based which I then linked to examples on past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've worked within a team with different goals   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

It was informal and comfortable, I was made to feel very welcome and comfortable. It was a professional interview, I was asked appropriate and personable questions and my interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked for a Government Department before?   1 Answer

Strategic Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Was told 24 hours in advance there would be a case study component. Not told who I was meeting with, it turned out to be a panel of three people. Competency based questions and a short case study exercise.

The interviewers were very professional, clear and made me feel comfortable. The case study took about 5 minutes - they left the room, I wrote down my thoughts and presented it back to them when they returned. Then competency-based questions for the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had to use communication skills to affect an outcome   Answer Question

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

There are three Panel interviewers, and they will ask you about how the process is going to take place. They will ask when your ready, they will start the process

Interview Questions

• If a Director and a Stakeholder wanted something done, and they are both demanding your time as it is important, what would you do   Answer Question

Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK (London, England).

Interview

The process comprised of an online application form with online testing of Verbal Reasoning skills. There were 3 competency questions which were assessed on the application form which were 250 word statements against the three competencies they were performing the assessment against. The interview itself was a 45-50 minute interview which was very structured and focussed on competency based questions and strengths based questions. There was also a 5 minute presentation which is prepared in advance. There was little deviation from the questions on the form which were almost read out verbatim which gave the interview a very stilted and awkward feeling. This was done for fairness to ensure all candidates are asked the same questions for evaluation purposes but it made it more challenging to evaluate the role and the culture of the organisation as a candidate. Having said that the interview panel were friendly and explained the process clearly. The main complaint I had was that it took over 2 months for the results to be published by which time I had accepted another role. This is a shame as the Civil Service is looking for talent to increase the capability of security in government but in a fast moving market for cybersecurity skills has no doubt missed out on capable candidates due to the length of time to notify of results.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the Government Security Profession?   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for the role online and received confirmation of my application being acknowledged. Over 3 weeks did not hear nothing until I called the department only to get a email shortly after to say I was invited for a interview. If I did not call would I ever know? very long exhausting process and also very uncertainty as I do now know when I will start even after sending all documents required, it has already been more than a month and yet still awaiting any details as every time I ask I get no details.

Interview Questions

• All the competencies that are based in the job description you will be asked to elaborate on. I was first asked some ice breaker questions such as how you got into the location today, how is the weather, do you like he building etc.   Answer Question

B2 PMO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cabinet Office UK (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Fairly short interview with 3 panel members. Standard Civil Service interview based on competency statements.

All panel members were very nice.

I was a bit surprised by the lax security at 1HGR. No one asked to see my ID and I was directed to just drop my visitor pass in a bin on the way out, rather than signing out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have had to Deliver At Pace?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.