Calendly Interview Questions

Updated 1 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 50 of over 50 interviews

Employee Referral6%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Calendly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly

Interview

First interview was with HR. If you pass that round, you are given an assignment to complete prior to your IV with the hiring manager. If your IV goes well the the HM, you have a multi panel interview with different members of the team & you have to do a presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult customer situation you overcame
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly (Atlanta, GA) in May 2021

Interview

A decent process, but a horrible experience...not very personable at all. Applied online. Got an interview 2 days later with the hiring manager. 3 more interviews over the next 2 weeks consisting of behavioral, teammates, and another hiring manager interview to clear up any questions. I spoke with the recruiter multiple times throughout the process. I suspect I was one of the final candidates, but after the last interview I received an automated rejection email Friday night indicating that they were moving forward with someone else. Nar a personal email or feedback or nothing. Would not recommend anyone to apply here.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavior questions. How do you team with toxic teammates? What are your stakeholder management processes? Tell me about a time you had to communicate a failure to an executive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Calendly (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Calendly reached out to me about a job opening and asked me to interview with them. I began the process but began having reservations due to their unprofessionalism during the interview process. After an initial interview with their recruiter, I was told I would have a phone call with the hiring manager and then a panel zoom interview if that went well. 5 minutes before what was supposed to be the hiring manager call, I received a meeting update in my calendar instructing me to log into a zoom meeting. There wasn't enough time for me to get in a full business outfit and relocate before the meeting, and the hiring manager seemed bothered by this. He went on to act disinterested and distracted during the interview, and to put the icing on the cake, he ended the meeting without a word while I was in the middle of a question response. Not knowing what had happened, I tried to reach out to him, but realized he had never provided his contact info or a direct number. I reached out to the HR recruiter that was overseeing the process and asked if she could provide an email address at which I could contact the hiring manager to let him know the call hadn't dropped on my end, or if she could contact him to let him know in the event that she wasn’t permitted to share his info. The HR contact had in the past responded to me within 2 hours via email but she never responded to the latest request period. Having never encountered an interview where the call just ended, I decided to try and guess the hiring manager's email address and sent a message letting him know the call had suddenly ended and that there was no way for me to reach him again. To his credit he did respond and claimed a sudden power outage had been the culprit, but that seems very unlikely considering the horrendous interview experience. The HR recruiter finally reached out almost a week later to let me know they have decided to go in a different direction. Considering that the HM was supposed to be the CX guru at Calendly, I'm very relieved they didn't pursue the process with me any further, as he obviously isn't truly concerned about the overall experience with their company and it shows.

Interview Questions
  • The hiring manager was so inept at the interview process that he didn't even ask any questions. He literally only told me to talk my resume and after that only asked if I had any questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Calendly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly in Jan 2021

Interview

I was first called by a recruiter and later given a writing assignment that included 11 prompts. I later had one zoom interview and moved forward with a panel interview which consisted of 4 separate 30 minute zoom interviews back to back.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a policy that didn't exist at your previous job and how did you work through that?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly (Atlanta, GA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Met with 4 team members, Head of Growth, and CPO. Very open conversations with no requirement for take-home exercises or presentations. Very conversational interview format with interviewers representing cross-functional colleagues I would work with in a product leadership role.

Interview Questions
  • What is a product enhancement you would focus on to support new user engagement from activation to engaged user?

Calendly

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Calendly in Jan 2021

Interview

I had a call with a recruiter first and it went very well. Then a questions based pre-(hiring manager)interview is sent and your career with Calendly is based on passing that. I really don’t think answering role playing questions is the measure of someone. Or fine, do that but then still have a call. Everyone is different and everyone can be trained as well. At least that should be the point of bringing in new talent.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly (Atlanta, GA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Started as many interview cycles do, with initial phone screens and more extensive conversations continuing into the process. I learned alot about the role and the organization where I find many companies fire off an arsenal of questions and you walk away having learned very little. Not the case here - even though I did not proceed to an offer, I thought the interviews pleasant. I'd interview here again.

Interview Questions
  • Q. Why would you like to work here? Q. Tell me about your background experience? Q. How do you handle working remotely?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly (Atlanta, GA) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview process at Calendly is pretty well streamlined. An initial call with one of their recruiter will gauge the mutual interest. After that, you get to talk to an engineering manager or the CTO over the phone again which acts as a technical screening. Then there is a coding exercise you get to complete at home and you submit it back to them. If they are satisfied with the coding exercise, you get booked for an on-site interview The onsite-interview is rather long. Almost 4 hours where you get to meet different people on the different teams. You also get to do some pair programming on the coding exercise you submitted, so get ready for that. Then there is another pairing exercise that re-creates a real work situation at Calendly where you have to fix an issue in the codebase. You finally meet with a manager or the CTO if he is available. The overall process is very good and there is no upfront feeling like they're trying to catch you off-guard or ask for any gotcha questions. The absence of a whiteboard exercise is a major plus. However, they are pretty rough on judging the pair programming and I felt like they kept me in the dark as to what was permissible during the pair programming sessions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Calendly

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Calendly in Nov 2020

Interview

“Bizarre” is the best word to describe my interview process. The recruiter and I had a 30 minute phone interview. She really liked my professional sales background and experience. We also had a great conversation. I enjoyed learning more about her, the Account Executive role and Calendly. She presented me to the hiring manager, then as requested, I scheduled a 30 minute Zoom video interview for him and me using his Calendly meeting link. The hiring manager joined the Zoom meeting and before any words were exchanged, he looked like he didn’t want to be there. At first, I believed he was tired because it was late in the day or he was trying to adjust his camera. In my mind, I maintained a sense of humor. However, as the time went on, he was looking all over room, leaning back in his chair and kept his responses very brief. He seemed annoyed. Not sure if he was listening to me. The cold greeting was confusing because I have a stellar professional background in mid-market and enterprise software/SaaS sales in new and existing business. I was dressed professionally and well groomed, so that was not a problem.... and never is. Without him asking, I provided examples of my significant sales, the sales process and end results. I also shared what I researched on the company. A couple of days after the interview, the recruiter sent me an email confirming that I was not being moved to the next step in the process. They decided to move forward with candidates “closer to their needs”. That was the best decision for me. The atmosphere in my second interview was dry and the salary/OTE pay range was below market for an experienced Account Executive in software sales. Nonetheless, I felt since Calendly is a start up tech company with growth potential that offers valuable solutions and is making a splash in the market, this could have been an exciting career opportunity. I also like the CEO/Founder’s vision for Calendly and how he’s building the company. These attributes grabbed my interest. With my years of experience in tech and digital sales, leadership and entrepreneurship, I felt my skills could have been useful there. It’s also important for me to work in a healthy work environment and respectable company culture. Calendly could have these offers, but it was difficult to pick up from the dismissive responses I received during my final interview. A couple of employee reviews on Glassdoor from females about the unprofessional behavior were disappointing to read. The reviews about unqualified leaders were questionable too. No company is perfect, but hopefully these complaints have been addressed and resolved. Leaving my job from an established tech company for Calendly, under this sales leadership, would have probably been a mistake. My sincere advice to the Sales Hiring Team: Keep in mind that candidates are giving you their time. Your time and their time is valuable. If you’re asking to meet with them, then the assumption is you’ve reviewed their resume, LinkedIn profile and have a genuine interest in discovering if there is a potential fit. Showing up to an interview acting like you’re less than impressed or burned out is disrespectful and unprofessional. Do your due diligence upfront, determine who you want to interview, then make good use of the time given. You are representing the Calendly brand and should make a good impression. Make candidates leave the interview thinking “Wow - I had a great experience with Calendly”, not “Wow - my experience with Calendly was bizarre.” Wishing Calendly much success! :-)

Interview Questions
  • How many accounts are in your current book of business?
  • I guess you can tell me your experience from the last two job roles.
6 people found this interview helpful

Calendly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly in Nov 2020

Interview

Multiple interviews, but very well orchestrated. For my experience, it started with a call with a recruiter. Next, was a written assessment tailored to my future position. I loved this because instead of just talking about what I do, I was able to really demonstrate what I can do and the way I deliver and communicate. After that, I had a call with the hiring manager. The next step was the final round of interviews which was a panel of different people in different segments - one cultural interview with someone that is outside of my team, a leadership interview, a teammate interview, and the final one with hiring manager again along with another assessment. For me, that was a presentation. It sounds like a lot, but honestly, it's thorough and we'll planned. It allows them to fully vet you as well as for you to really get a feel for the people and culture plus truly showcase your skills. You should be excited about this! If not, then you just don't really want he job ;) It kept momentum and moved fast for me from one stage to another. I gave every step my all and felt like I left nothing on the table. I went from first phone call to offer in about 3 weeks. I took the job and have no regrets! The people in the company are so smart and everyone truly lives and breathes our core values. It's not just lip service :) I rated the difficulty as difficult, but that is because I consider the average interview to be easier and less time spent on prep. But it was very worth it, again to fully vet the company and make sure that I really wanted this too.

Interview Questions
  • What was an impact I felt I brought to my former company
Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Interviews