Calendly Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 57 of over 57 interviews

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Calendly

Application

I interviewed at Calendly

Interview

I applied for the Product Specialist I position, and received an email back the next day from the hiring manager. It was not a request for an interview, but instead a request for a take home test/assignment to "see how I think". It was 11 total questions and a link to their knowledge base. 4 were mandatory and the rest were "strongly encouraged." There was also a very short video of the hiring manager giving a few tips on how all the answers could be found in the kbase, some info about how their team is like family, and how they value correct answers, grammar and empathy. There was no indication on how long this assignment should take or when it was to be completed. I declined moving forward at this point. I am not opposed to at home tests for fit, but typically they have not been this long or detailed. And they have been after speaking with a recruiter & hiring manager to make sure we are aligned on salary and overall fit. This seemed like an excessive exercise and could indicate that there's little to no training and the expectation is that you find your answers on your own. It was a red flag situation for me as a support person.

Interview Questions
  • It was an 11 question take home assignment.
    Answer Question

Calendly

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Calendly in Oct 2021

Interview

I made it to the virtual interviews before i received a rejection email. The initial take home assignment is a bit much (10 or more writing assignments) but i do believe that it’s a good assessment to see how well you’d do at the job (i think 2-3 writing assignments could give the same overall impression though) after i sent in the take home assignment i had an initial zoom call with a team lead, then followed by 4 other separate zoom calls over two days. Overall, long, time consuming process only to not move forward in the end lol. The questions asked weren’t hard or very technical so just be yourself, talk to any tech experience you have and I’m sure you’ll do fine.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Calendly

Application

I interviewed at Calendly

Interview

Interview process is too lengthy, interviewers were very smug, unwelcoming. Too long of a process, too many hoops to jump through. Pay isn't competitive. Appears to be no work life balance.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Calendly

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Calendly in Aug 2021

Interview

Round 1 - Recruiter Round 2 - Hiring Mgr interview Round 3 - Skip Level interview Round 4 - Panel interview Really straightforward and timely. The people I met with were great. The problem is that it's been over a month and I still haven't gotten a response back. It definitely feels out of character but really odd.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calendly (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process consisted of Zoom interview meetings. I did find the process to be a bit disheveled in the end and it didn't leave me with a great impression.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Calendly (College Park, GA) in Jul 2021

Interview

Calendly was by far the best interview process I’ve ever been part of. It was organized, fast, and so informative. The entire process took 9 days! I was contacted by a recruiter who sent me the most amazing personal note on which role she felt would be best for me to apply. I was really impressed by this and so thankful. I got an assessment to fill out- 11 practice questions for the role. I was then sent to the hiring manager for a hour zoom interview. After that, there was a panel interview with 6 members of Calendly. It was great to get to speak to so many people to get a true feel for what the role and company entails.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Calendly

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly

Interview

First interview was with HR. If you pass that round, you are given an assignment to complete prior to your IV with the hiring manager. If your IV goes well the the HM, you have a multi panel interview with different members of the team & you have to do a presentation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Calendly

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Calendly in Jun 2021

Interview

Spoke with the head recruiter, a very nice woman who explained the position and company benefits well. Most recruiters don't spell out the salary, corporate culture or benefits package until much later in the process so I was very appreciate of the way she handled the interview process and her thorough explanation of everything... I didn't end up getting the position (they hired someone else while I was still in the beginning stages of the interview process unfortunately) but at least she didn't ghost me- she let me know before my supervisor interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calendly (Atlanta, GA) in May 2021

Interview

A decent process, but a horrible experience...not very personable at all. Applied online. Got an interview 2 days later with the hiring manager. 3 more interviews over the next 2 weeks consisting of behavioral, teammates, and another hiring manager interview to clear up any questions. I spoke with the recruiter multiple times throughout the process. I suspect I was one of the final candidates, but after the last interview I received an automated rejection email Friday night indicating that they were moving forward with someone else. Nar a personal email or feedback or nothing. Would not recommend anyone to apply here.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavior questions. How do you team with toxic teammates? What are your stakeholder management processes? Tell me about a time you had to communicate a failure to an executive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Calendly (Atlanta, GA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Calendly reached out to me about a job opening and asked me to interview with them. I began the process but began having reservations due to their unprofessionalism during the interview process. After an initial interview with their recruiter, I was told I would have a phone call with the hiring manager and then a panel zoom interview if that went well. 5 minutes before what was supposed to be the hiring manager call, I received a meeting update in my calendar instructing me to log into a zoom meeting. There wasn't enough time for me to get in a full business outfit and relocate before the meeting, and the hiring manager seemed bothered by this. He went on to act disinterested and distracted during the interview, and to put the icing on the cake, he ended the meeting without a word while I was in the middle of a question response. Not knowing what had happened, I tried to reach out to him, but realized he had never provided his contact info or a direct number. I reached out to the HR recruiter that was overseeing the process and asked if she could provide an email address at which I could contact the hiring manager to let him know the call hadn't dropped on my end, or if she could contact him to let him know in the event that she wasn’t permitted to share his info. The HR contact had in the past responded to me within 2 hours via email but she never responded to the latest request period. Having never encountered an interview where the call just ended, I decided to try and guess the hiring manager's email address and sent a message letting him know the call had suddenly ended and that there was no way for me to reach him again. To his credit he did respond and claimed a sudden power outage had been the culprit, but that seems very unlikely considering the horrendous interview experience. The HR recruiter finally reached out almost a week later to let me know they have decided to go in a different direction. Considering that the HM was supposed to be the CX guru at Calendly, I'm very relieved they didn't pursue the process with me any further, as he obviously isn't truly concerned about the overall experience with their company and it shows.

Interview Questions
  • The hiring manager was so inept at the interview process that he didn't even ask any questions. He literally only told me to talk my resume and after that only asked if I had any questions.
1 person found this interview helpful