Cambridge Assessment Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cambridge Assessment Interview Questions

Interviews at Cambridge Assessment

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for a full time permanent position as a strategy manager. At the initial telephone interview with the human resources manager I was told that the vacancy was now a six month contract. I stated that I was happy with this so I progressed to the face to face interview. At the face to face interview I was told that the contract had arisen because a manager was ill and had to take time off work. Furthermore I was told that the illness was nothing serious. Clearly it does not take 6 months for a manager to recover from a minor illness. Therefore the company misled me about the job opportunity.

Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and slightly over the top. It involved a phone interview, a panel interview (when people kept dropping in and out of the interview without even saying who they were or why they were there and asking the same questions which had already been asked), a 10 minute panel presentation, a 1:1 interview with HR and an online psychometric evaluation which took 30 minutes to complete (and which I was never told the results).
    There was no flexibility around interview dates or times and the people I was told would be in the room were not the people in the room on the day.
    I then had to chase and chase and chase to get a response and in the end only received a system generated automatic response and zero feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of when you have had to say "no"?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Application process was fine and the interview itself was straightforward and fair. Staff seemed lovely.

Unfortunately, I had to chase HR to check I hadn't been offered the job (I hadn't). HR then offered feedback from the process - but never delivered it. It was disappointing because it took a considerable amount of time to go through the application and interview process and I would have valued some feedback.

The lack of communication from HR made me feel like I wouldn't be welcome to apply to this organisation again - so I don't think I would.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a very quick and rushed interview. The hiring manager was ill so someone else from the company did it. My CV wasn't looked at at all and questions were generally vague.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about working here?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

Friendly staff and a very thorough application and interview process initially, but following notification that I was unsuccessful at interview there was no further feedback (or even contact) - even though it was requested.

Interview Questions

Cambridge Assessment Response

24 Aug 2017 – Group Talent Acquisition Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent recruitment experience. We are sorry to hear that you did not receive feedback following your unsuccessful interview. So that we can... More

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview was face-to-face with one person.
    Very straight-forward, interviewer only asked 2-3 questions and didn't take any notes.

Avoid this place if you come from a tech background or from private sector.
    Seems to be overly bureaucratic and stuck in the past - culture appears to stymie anyone that wants to move fast and get things done.

Interview Questions

Was made an offer in writing, but then hiring manager and HR were unwilling to negotiate any details of the offer. They very unprofessionally rescinded the offer.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment in February 2019.

Interview

Initially a phone interview lasting 20 minutes where I got asked a lot of questions about Cambridge Assesment, but not a huge amount about me and the role. Either way I got selected for a face to face interview in front of a panel of three. Friendly interviewers however interview did not allow much chance to really get into some detail about ways of working and the day to day job responsibilities. Before face to face interview I was asked to do an online personality test yet this was never used in my interview, and I left feeling they had already decided who they wanted to hire. No offer made but never actually told by anyone, even after chasing HR repeatedly. Considering Cambridge Assesment prides themselves on integrity, I was hugely dissapointed they couldn't even manage an email to say unfortunatly I had not been successful this time. Would not apply again because if I take time out of my annual leave to apply for a job, the least I expect from a company is them to have the courtesy to explain why you were unsuccessful.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England) in March 2018.

Interview

1.Video interview
    2. Face 2 Face Panel Interview
    3. Final interview incl. HR (+ psycho test)

Worst application process I have ever experienced in my life. I was left hanging to get an answer (with excuses) and by then I did not want to join the organisation. The process is tiresome and time consuming (added steps out of the blue, making people come for a supposed interview with HR and cancelling it last minute… not impressed!!)
    The dry email telling me that they went for another candidate in the end said it all… after all the efforts I made for this application I would have wanted a phone call with feedback not an email asking me to tell them if I wanted any feedback. I wished I had spent more time focusing on my applications with other organisations who value their candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach the launch of x product in emerging countries   Answer Question

Cambridge Assessment Response

24 Jul 2018 – Group Talent Acquisition Consultant

I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to investigate further. Please can you email me with the vacancy number and your details: GlassdoorEmails@cambridgeassessment.org.uk

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Headhunted then 6 weeks later interviewed. First went through a video interview, then online testing, then presentation followed by two interviews. Interviewers just asked about the products I had created before, I think they were trying to scope out the competition. They then picked holes in my presentation and asked lots of questions on what I had done before. HR interview just went through my personality profile that had been generated from an online test. The panel came across as quite rude and disinterested. They seemed quite reluctant to accept change. Personally, I would stay away from this organisation if you are looking for career progression. It seemed like a very cold, soulless place to work.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the role it took a long time 4 months in total and I had to chase them as they did not get back to me. The interview itself was really standard, it took 1 hour an 15 minutes in total and included an excel test which was quite difficult considering the role, as it it included pivot tables - i was not prepared for this as it was not mentioned that advanced excel skills were required for the role, and the interview was explained as including a 'relevant test'

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.