Cambridge Assessment Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cambridge Assessment Interview Questions

Interviews at Cambridge Assessment

User Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online to be a User Researcher at their Coventry office; I appreciated that they gave full details e.g. salary (£30 - £36,500) in the job application, along with short listing and interview dates.

After submitting my application, I was invited to do a video interview (not face to face, just answer questions via webcam essentially). The turn around for this was quite short (3 days) but it was only 6 questions, taking 20 minutes of my time (excluding prep that is). You could practice the interview, and the site itself was very easy to use. See questions below.

I did not hear back for a week so prompted for a response, and was provided feedback; I did not proceed to face to face interview stage. The feedback was fair, although I would have liked to have elaborated on my skills and experience in person.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Video interview and about 10 work days later 1st onsite interview, then never heard back from them. It's normal that companies do not get back to you if you don't make it to the next stage, but it's NOT ok that one organization advertises their "FIVE-STAR RECRUITMENT PROMISE" and did not live up to it at all. Even after I emailed the interviewer asking for an update. NOTHING. We are all busy and it takes no more than 5 minutes to respond to an email. A little respect goes a long way. Total disappointment. Worst experience ever. And it's pretty sad considering they are an education organization.

Interview Questions

• Describe one challenge you've had and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, England) in July 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was very well organized and straightforward. The disappoint part is that I have neither received any updates regarding the hiring process nor a job rejection email after my second interview. I have emailed the HR Administrator several times in order to receive a feedback based on my interview as I imagined that the position had been fulfilled, but my emails have been completely ignored.

Interview Questions

Cambridge Assessment Response

8 Oct 2019 – Group Talent Acquisition Consultant

Hi - I am sorry to read your recent experience. Please can you contact me directly on jukes.a@cambridgeassessment.org.uk, so I can look into this matter urgently for you.

Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Coventry, England) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I was called by phone and invited by email for a face-to-face interview. I went to the interview, but they didn't turn back for the result.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my previous roles and what I achieved   1 Answer

Assessment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied online with CV and cover letter. Invited to an interview a few weeks later. I was told there would be two interviews and a task, actually there was only one interview and a task.

The task was to proofread an exam paper, and then to compose an email to a school regarding exam results. Not difficult tasks but had to be rushed to complete it in time.

Interview was fairly difficult and one of the interviewers was quite brusque. They asked a great deal about my previous experience. Also a lot of competency based questions.

In the rejection email I was told to reply and ask for feedback if I wanted it, but I asked several times for feedback and it was never provided. Similarly, I had to email the HR contact at least three times to be sent my expenses but they were given in the end.

Interview Questions

• What else could you have done to make the proofreading more accurate?   1 Answer

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, England) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for a full time permanent position as a strategy manager. At the initial telephone interview with the human resources manager I was told that the vacancy was now a six month contract. I stated that I was happy with this so I progressed to the face to face interview. At the face to face interview I was told that the contract had arisen because a manager was ill and had to take time off work. Furthermore I was told that the illness was nothing serious. Clearly it does not take 6 months for a manager to recover from a minor illness. Therefore the company misled me about the job opportunity.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment in February 2019.

Interview

Initially a phone interview lasting 20 minutes where I got asked a lot of questions about Cambridge Assesment, but not a huge amount about me and the role. Either way I got selected for a face to face interview in front of a panel of three. Friendly interviewers however interview did not allow much chance to really get into some detail about ways of working and the day to day job responsibilities. Before face to face interview I was asked to do an online personality test yet this was never used in my interview, and I left feeling they had already decided who they wanted to hire. No offer made but never actually told by anyone, even after chasing HR repeatedly. Considering Cambridge Assesment prides themselves on integrity, I was hugely dissapointed they couldn't even manage an email to say unfortunatly I had not been successful this time. Would not apply again because if I take time out of my annual leave to apply for a job, the least I expect from a company is them to have the courtesy to explain why you were unsuccessful.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Application process was fine and the interview itself was straightforward and fair. Staff seemed lovely.

Unfortunately, I had to chase HR to check I hadn't been offered the job (I hadn't). HR then offered feedback from the process - but never delivered it. It was disappointing because it took a considerable amount of time to go through the application and interview process and I would have valued some feedback.

The lack of communication from HR made me feel like I wouldn't be welcome to apply to this organisation again - so I don't think I would.

Project/Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment (Cambridge, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Telephone Interview

A Senior Project Manager telephoned at the agreed time, he dialled in a colleague and we proceeded to have a three-way conversation. He explained the role and position for approximately five minutes then we discussed my relevant experience and CV. The call was very standard and lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Face to Face Interview

I was invited to a first interview and was asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation on a specific subject. On arrival, I was welcomed by the same Manager who had conducted the telephone interview and was taken to a meeting room to be introduced to his colleague, who was also present on the telephone interview.

I was asked to make my presentation which was received well. After the presentation we discussed my career, experience and CV in more detail then discussed Agile and Waterfall methodologies.

Next, the interviewers alternated in asking ‘quick fire’ situational questions; “What would you do in XYZ scenario” etc.

The ‘quick fire questions’ lasted 10 minutes or so, and then one of the Managers conducted a role-play exercise. The gentleman spoke with a pronounced Italian or Spanish accent and proceeded to describe a scenario in which a customer had raised an incident regarding an application not working correctly. The interviewer laboured extensive detail in matters which later transpired to be irrelevant. During the Mediterranean flavoured story-telling the interviewer did impart the vital piece of information then quickly and deliberately moved on to a different part of the story. Seemingly this was a test to see if I could pick out the vital piece of information among the superfluous detail.

Delivering effective role play requires some degree of training at the least and ideally some acting ability. The manager made some attempt at acting, or at least a generous dose of drama, as he became increasingly excited and impatient with his ‘incident’. Unfortunately, as his efforts to impart a sense of drama and urgency increased, his Mediterranean accent became ever more indecipherable.

I clearly failed this test as it took nearly 10 minutes for me to eventually prise the solution out of the interviewer. At this point I had to reassure myself that I had not accidentally applied for a Translator role.

Unfortunately this interview did not present Cambridge Assessment in a light which reflects their well-earned reputation as a world-leading, best-in-class, organisation. I am a highly experienced software Project Manager, fluent in both my industry and spoken language. I would have been embarrassed to have conducted an interview in this manner. When interviewing peers from your industry you are showcasing both your company and your own personal skills.

Front of House Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Assessment.

Interview

The interview was scheduled for an hour but the interviewers came to welcome me 15 mins late and asked me questions for appx 20 mins only. It seemed they weren't interested in finding out who I am and just wanted to finish asking questions on their list with no further questions regarding to my previous answers. I had to follow up with HR to know the result (4 weeks instead of 1 as promised by the panel). Obviously I was not successful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your working experience.
      (They didn't have my CV with them)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.