Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2017

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Started off with an in-person campus interview. That was 30 minutes and enjoyable. Then flown to Boston office for 4 30minute interviews and a brief lunch afterwards with another IA. 2 case interviews, 2 personal interviews. Very positive experience, great company and nice people.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview took around 30 minutes. During the phone interview, you ran through your resume in order for you to expanded on certifications and experience. Overall the experience was very pleasant and the interviewer did well keeping the conservation going. Still waiting to get a response to their super day.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have handled a problem in an office environment.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

One initial interview with short case and conversation about college and previous internship experiences and second (final) round of superday interviews with more quantitative investment focused content and job related tasks. Met with several associates and my experience was very positive. The interview concludes with a one on one lunch with a current associate not on the recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through this client book and answer the questions for each exhibit.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

First a brief preliminary phone interview, heard back a couple days later and then an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a quick presentation about the position, then we got into 4 rounds of interviews. One case analysis, 3 interviews with various HR/management staff, most questions were behavioral and subjective.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked in a group that wasn't very effective.   Answer Question

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2016.

Interview

Took a brief phone interview, lasted about 35 minutes. Question and answer format, very rigid. All of the questions were pretty open ended and fair. The interviewer showed no emotion or recognized anything said by me aside from "OK". Despite me feeling comfortable with how the interview went, I did not receive a chance for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that irritates you in a job setting?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

After I applied online I was contacted about a week and a half later through email asking to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was basically a mini interview. They just asked you a few general questions about yourself. The phone screen lasted about 20 min. The next day I received an email inviting me to come in for a "super day". The day started out with a lunch and the 4 thirty minute interviews with one vexing a case study. In the case study they just want to see your thought process. The other 3 interviews were basically behavior type questions. The questions were a little tough but not too bad.

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Information session on campus, first interview on campus, 3 interviews at office for a super day. Process took about 2 weeks, then heard back about an offer 2-3 weeks later. The interviews were all very relaxed, and the interviewers were no older than 24/25 years old.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2016.

Interview

Met with four managers and did a simple critical thinking case study. The managers were very different but very professional. At the end they take you out to lunch which was nice. Interview process took roughly 3 1/2 hours. Typical interview questions.

Junior Investment Performance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first a standard 30min interview and then a 5 hour long super day with interview, a case, and a lunch with an employee. Overall difficult interview with many components.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle miscommunication among team members.   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly rude. Although it may have been that my interview was at the very end of the day, was surprised how they handled the interview. Would not want to work here based on how they handled themselves.