Cambridge University Press Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cambridge University Press Interview Questions

Interviews at Cambridge University Press

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

This was a two panel interview. it was very professional and the interviewers made me feel comfortable and at ease. It was reasonably timed at 45 minutes. There were no tests or second round interviews offered.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your recent work history   1 Answer

Assistant Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process took several weeks. In March, I was contacted by the HR representative for a brief phone interview. The next step was to meet with her and the customer service manager. The step after that was to meet with the sales manager and another higher up in customer service.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was my background. The basic rules of customer service are the same regardless of the company, but there are always variables that will change based on the products or service offered.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

I had several interviews with sales management and then marketing and others. It started with a referral. The key interview involved questions to determine how well my views coincided with the current team's perspective and what new insights I could provide. This was done by phone. The final interview involved responding to questions about how I would handle different situations. None of these interviews were the new competency based style of interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide my perspective on various aspects of the industry.   Answer Question

Sales & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and met for an interview with an HR Representative and then the person who would be my direct supervisor. The HR professional was fantastic, very professional and personable. She was the best part of my interview. I sent a Thank You note to her and the person who would be my direct report. The HR professional did respond, the other person did not. I was told by the second person interviewed that I was too glamorous and overqualified. I was surprised by the assessment and being a gay male, offended by her treatment of me.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be an an asset to the company?   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial in-person screening by the hiring manager which was to be followed by longer in-person interviews for those who made it to the next round. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary,

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

A phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews with multiple interviewers, plus a skills test, background check, and references. The in-person interviews were panel/group interviews, led by the hiring manager, the hiring manager's next-level supervisor, an HR representative, and relevant stakeholders from closely related departments.

Library Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I attended three in-person interviews and completed a three-tier marketing strategy presentation for this entry level position. The interviewing process was over two months long. After the first round of interviews, I was informed that the decision was between myself and another candidate. After a grueling process, we were both informed that neither of us secured the position and they were reopening it to the public. I am under the impression they are not looking to fill the position and are simply the time and hopefully employees.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, East of England, England) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a 25 min interview where we discussed details on my background and some ideas specific to the new job. After a week I was invited for an hour interview where I had the oppurtunity to expand my ideas. It was more an interesting discussion than an interview. At the end I had an hour exercise that was relevant for the job and I did not find difficult. Overall very pleasant. It only took two days to tell me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If I knew about the situation of open access journals in the current market.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied via email and got a call for an edit test. Once I cleared the test there was an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to quit academia and join a publishing house?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

Applied online, invited for an interview and was given an outline for a presentation that I had to research for, delivered a 10-15 minute presentation at the interview, answered questions and presented samples of my previous work, got rejected for the second interview round. After the rejection had to wait quite a while for feedback and had to chase a couple of times.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to apply?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us? What do you know about us?   Answer Question
    • What are the challenges currently in the field of xx that can affect this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time... when you had to multitask/had to deal with a challenging customer or colleague/had to convince someone/how do you juggle around multiple priorities...   Answer Question
    • Have you got any questions for us?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.