Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

condensed interview evening- one 30 min interview with HR, one 30 min interview with someone in the business, one 30 min case study. Not particularly difficult but fairly intense so be prepared for a long night

Interview Questions

• Standard competency and CV based questions   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Had initial phone screening with HR, who was very nice and informative. She was responsive and transparent throughout the process. After speaking with some of the Partners, the company seems to have a positive culture and I'd recommend applying for a role if you're interested in Consulting

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had limited resources, but still managed to achieve an end result?   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in January 2021.

Interview

The interview process took less than a month! Capco's recruiting team is very efficient in scheduling interviews and getting the ball rolling. There was an initial phone screen where I really hit it off with the recruiter, then 3 rounds of interviews with different team members. No writing assignment.

All the interviewers I've gotten to chat with are very experienced and knowledgeable in their fields, and it's obvious to me that they want to nurture talent. I heard back from interviews pretty much the next day. The offer came only 3 days after the final interview! It's amazing.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - Why Capco
      - Why leaving
      - Salary Expectations
      - Work authorization status
      - Give me an example of a project you managed from start to finish
      - What's your proudest project?
      - Do you have formal training in UX?
      - What is content strategy to you?
      - What is your UX writing experience?
      - How do you test copy?
      - What metrics do you look at?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Interview

The actual interviewing process was thorough and went as expected. Initial screening done by recruiter, then you speak with two-three other developers to determine technical level and knowledge, then you move onto the coding challenge. Standard data manipulation using javascript. Then you move onto an interview with a senior level employee to see if you seem like a good fit for the role and company.

The reason why I gave a negative experience is because of the ambiguity of the salary negotiations from the beginning. I gave the recruiter a range between Y-Z and was offered below Y. That was followed with a guise of promotions and bonuses. Capco follows a strict consulting model so don't expect to make up for your low salary until after 2-3 years. At the end of it the recruiter said he/she was negotiating too much for me.

In my opinion Capco should have been up front about the salary in the first place. They wasted everyone's time

IT Production Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

It sounds like the job description was written by the client and given to Capco - it was missing a lot of critical skills requirements and details that were important for the candidate to have and they did not match my skills and experience. It may have just been erroneously assigned all together. The recruiter who reached out to me was great, and did connect me with the position because my skills fit the description, but there was a missing link in requirements and position details that wasn't discovered until the second round of interviews where I think my next interviewer discovered this would not be a fit for me. The recruiting coordinator called me directly to let me know the position was pulled (likely to reevaluate description and requirements) and that my interview was cancelled - she was so pleasant and responsive I really appreciated her taking that extra step, instead of just sending an email.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked under pressure and how do you respond to pressure and high velocity requests?   1 Answer

Associate Talent Program (ATP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied through campus career services. 1st round was was a behavioral interview with one of the consultant. The interviewer seemed very unenthusiastic. He started off by saying "it'll be a behavioral interview and I will ask you questions that HR gave me" and basically went on to pick standard fit/behavioral questions from a list.

A week or so later, another consultant reached out saying I didn't move on to the next round followed by another email a week later from a different person saying the same thing and apologizing for the delayed notification. Very weird that two different persons notified me of the rejection. Seems like no coordination on the recruiting front.

Associate Talent Program (ATP) Interview

Interview

I had a screening and a virtual interview. Screening was short with some behavioral questions; have research done on the management consulting industry, company, and ATP program.

The interview was fairly standard and seemed as if it would be done after 20 minutes until I was asked a brainteaser after I had finished asking the interviewer questions. It was somewhat unexpected. Capco wants to see how you think, but I am personally not a fan of these brainteasers. I believe case questions concerning the business field would be more appropriate here.

Had I moved on, the next stage would have been a 70-minute group interview involving a case question and presentation.

Interview Questions

• How many parking spaces are in Manhattan?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round was quick 3 questions.
    one being what is your most proud achievement. And you are given in-between 30-90 seconds to answer. It was online, I personally do not like just talking to a camera.

Interview Questions

• the question is written above. It was not that hard   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco in October 2020.

Interview

This was an interview at a campus career fair. It was very relaxed. We went over my resume and the recruiter asked me questions about the things that stood out to her. Then we talked about what would be the next steps in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my experience coding with Python.   1 Answer

Entry Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (College Station, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Through the university career center department. Interviewer asked 5 questions and left the remaining time (15-ulimited minutes) for the interviewee to ask questions regarding the company, position, interviewers experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you struggled with something and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

It was just a general interview, not technical. Its aim was more to get to know the person rather than assess the technical competency of said person. It was also relatively short, lasting around 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.