Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 Jun 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Cyber Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for Capco's cyber security practice as a senior consultant.

The interview consisted of an initial phone screening done by the recruiter and then went on to 2 phone interviews with a principal consultant and partner.
    After the phone interviews, I was scheduled for an in person at Capco's New York office to meet with a managing partner and principal consultant

The interviews were structured to understand my management consulting experience and skill set. Capco addresses a candidate to understand how they would fit within it's culture and how flexible a candidate is ,given the dynamic environment the company operates in.

Capco works with all the biggest financial services companies in the world and sets up its employees to have top tier experiences when it comes to management consulting.

The whole interview process was excellent and the recruiters are very receptive and hands on. I had an excellent experience at Capco, and would recommend candidates to consider applying to the firm.

Interview Questions

• How would you address scoping of an information security management system of a multi national office, who's infrastructure was in the UK but main office was in New York?
      The company wants to limit the audit to it's New York office.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Applied in Feb then again for a similar role in Mar. Didnt hear back from HR till middle of April and took a few weeks to setup a HR phone screening. Was moved onto next round to speak with a Manager, with several weeks passing in between, and then asked to come in for one 30 min interview. It was strange to have me come in for one 30 min interview and overall it was a less than positive experience: I did most of the talking, not able to ask questions, and rushed out after 31 minutes. It left a sour taste in my mouth and HR was never heard from ever again.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

19 Jun 2018 – HR

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review, however we are disappointed by your feedback.

We set ourselves very high standards in our recruitment process and use all... More

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

A 3rd Party Recruiter reached out to me for a Consultant position. She did not seem very knowledgeable about the role I as I had to explain quite a bit of concepts to her.

Interview Questions

• Her questions were very general except for when she was reading the requisition. She seemed to be hedge over the relocation point which she should have known .   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with the recruiter and then a phone interview with a Manager in Cap Markets. The recruiter told me that the manager just wanted to have a brief convo regarding my background. That was a lie, the entire phone interview was case base. The Manager told me that he would like me to speak with a Manager from Risk because my background was more aligned with Risk. Afterwards, I never heard back with any of them. I emailed both the Manager and recruiter to see next steps and neither responded. It’s fine if you do not want to move forward with me, but it is professional to at least communicate that. Was really frustrated with that. Good thing is, I bumped into a new hire at my current employer who came from Capco who said it was a horrible experience. Seems like it worked out in my favor.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

29 Mar 2018 – HR

Capco is always open to feedback and therefore we would like to thank you for your review, however, we are disappointed by your comments.

Generally we run an effective recruitment process which... More

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I appreciated the recruiters professionalism during this interview process. She was both responsive and helpful in facilitating interviews with herself and the team. What turned me off was the 2nd level phone screen with a potential team member. They seemed generally uninterested in the conversation and did not make a great effort.

Interview Questions

• Why consulting? Why financial services? Explain your past experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Received an unsolicited email from a woman who identified herself as “one of the key recruitment business partners” working at Capco London Office. She came across my profile and would like to speak to me about a senior role in NY Office.
    I responded and we agreed to a date and time to speak.
    She was a no show.
    After waiting 20 minutes for her call, I sent a message reminding her of the appointment. Unfortunately, no response.
    6 weeks later: no call, no email and obviously no apology.

9 Jan 2018 – HR

We are very disappointed to read your review.

We set very high standards for our recruitment team, and ensuring a positive candidate experience is extremely important to us. We are disappointed... More

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Less than 30 mins - basic personality questions and the "walk me through your resume" question. A couple case like scenarios. "What would you do if _____?" and then they built on that.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

The process was a mess from the start. The recruiter called me at work without emailing, then changed the time the day of our interview by thirty minutes while I was coming from an hour away. Meanwhile, she took accountability with me on the phone but not her colleagues and as I was leaving they mentioned twice to me that I had failed to make the third interview 😂😂😂 meanwhile she frantically texted me all day about her email not working. So completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique   1 Answer
    • How did you solve a problem in a unique way   1 Answer
    • How do you use business process engineering   1 Answer

3 Jan 2018 – HR

We are very disappointed to read your comments. Mistakes like this are thankfully extremely rare at Capco and we have conducted a thorough internal investigation to understand what may have happened... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and went though two different phone interviews before an in-person interview with more senior folks in their office. Was very impressed with everyone involved and the process felt very professional.

Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed in person on campus. Then was offered the opportunity to go to their super day. Meeting minute note taking interview, followed by a rapid fire challenge (asking random questions looking for your thought process) and a case study challenge. Different that many super days. Goal is to stand out in a team setting in front of other people. Lots of associates around, and everyone was very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.