Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

condensed interview evening- one 30 min interview with HR, one 30 min interview with someone in the business, one 30 min case study. Not particularly difficult but fairly intense so be prepared for a long night

Interview Questions

• Standard competency and CV based questions   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

4 rounds, first one was about experience. second one was about your technical knowledge. third round is the coding portion. simple data structure manipulation. last one was sort of behavioral and about your experience again. unfortunately they let you go through all the rounds knowing that what they can offer is below your range.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using X, Y. Z. Will depend on the role   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied for the position of Data Analyst in June 2019. The whole process took almost two months, a phone interview with a recruiter and a Superdry interview. I should say that everyone was professional, and I had an excellent experience until I got a verbal job offer.
    When I talked with the recruiter, she insisted on knowing my salary expectations and assured me that we could discuss it if I get the offer.
    In early September, I received a call and got an offer. I negotiated for 6% raise (She told me that we could discuss it), and she said to me that: "I will get back to you by the end of the day," "Is it a deal-breaker for you if we can't meet your expectation?".
    I said NO, it is not a deal-breaker.
    And, the END OF THE DAY never comes. I sent a few emails and called her for almost two months, but she did not respond. After two months, she finally sent me an email: "in order to set expectations for you, I would be conservative and say that we'll be able to resume the process in January after the holiday slowdown." January 2020 passed, and she never got back to me.
    So the only sad thing is that why they say something that they do not believe in that. Certainly, negotiation is not part of their work culture, and unfortunately, the recruiter did not respect my time to apply and attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why the Financial Sector?
      Talk about my projects and work   Answer Question

6 Aug 2020 – Web Editor

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with Capco. We are very sorry to hear that you did not receive an offer from Capco after your positive interview experience. Capco’s needs are ever-changing, and we do try to keep our candidates in the loop of any changes in our hiring plan. It is very important that we ensure that the candidates we bring into Capco fit the needs of our business, so that new joiners are able to get the working experience that initially drew them to a career at Capco.

We are also committed to providing a streamlined, transparent process to our prospective hires, so we are very disappointed to hear of your experience. We are grateful that you provided this feedback so that we may do some introspection and recommit ourselves to a best in class candidate experience going forward.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

I applied online to a Capco position and was contacted shortly after by phone for a screening interview. The interview was fairly straightforward and consisted of the normal questions, salary expectations, and proposed start date. After a few more phone calls I was eventually invited to interview at their office in NYC.

We were given a case 72 hours prior to the interview and had to prepare a briefing (we were given two different options for cases). The interview in NYC consisted of a few different conversations with different people; I presented my case in one, went over my resume in another, had a Q&A session, and lastly had a casual conversation with a Capco employee. The interview was quite enjoyable and I really enjoyed the experience, everyone was very friendly and quite intelligent.

A day after my interview I was contacted and informed that I got the job; they quoted my an initial salary and informed me that paperwork would be sent over shortly. This is where the entire process started to go wrong. I was soon informed that despite being offered the job, they would not be able to send me formal paperwork as there "were too many people on the bench". This went on for weeks, and it now has been months. It really is a shame as I did want to work for Capco but the ending really spoiled the mood. At the end of the day it is water under the bridge as I got into a top 5 business school...

Here's a tip to Capco: don't post job availabilities online or interview people if the job does not exist. It not only wasted my time, but moreover wasted Capco's time. I understand the business cycle and benched employees, but that is information that was available prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Capco?
      What service offering of Capco are you interested in?
      What fintech trends do you follow?   Answer Question

7 Jul 2020 – Web Editor

Thank you for the feedback on your experience interviewing at Capco. I'm sorry that the job offer did not come to fruition. Earlier in the year, we were working through some uncertainty and, unfortunately, we did not foresee the shift in hiring needs given the unprecedented global pandemic. This was definitely disappointing for us too, since we were very excited about the candidates we had interviewed. Change is constant in our business, and we do make a concerted effort to keep candidates informed in real-time of any deviations in the process or with the role in consideration. Recruiting works closely with our business leaders to make sure that our timeline for hiring is accurate and aligned to our growing business.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review, and congratulations on being accepted to business school. We wish you much success in your future!

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

Applied through my campus recruiting. Had one 45 minute phone interview (mostly typical MC questions mixed with typical behavioral questions) and was given my decision around a month after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What's a specific trend you see in successful companies and why is that trend important?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Very unorganized. Recruiters were all over the place and they were not ready for me when I had arrived. They are not mindful of your time so be prepared to stay longer than expected.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

28 Jul 2020 – HR

Liebe Bewerberin, lieber Bewerber,

zunächst einmal möchten wir uns für Dein Feedback bedanken.

Es tut uns leid, dass sich der Prozess Deiner Bewerbung so lange hingezogen hat. Umso mehr bedauern wir, dass du dann auch noch den Eindruck hattest, dass wir nicht gut vorbereitet waren.

Gerne wären wir an weiteren Details zu Deiner Erfahrung interessiert, um in Zukunft sicherzustellen, dass so etwas nicht noch einmal vorkommt. Wenn Du damit einverstanden bist, freuen wir uns über eine kurze Rückmeldung per E-Mail an Andreas.Doppler@capco.com und melde uns dann dann gerne bei Dir für ein persönliches Gespräch.

Viele Grüße
    Dein HR-Team

React Developer Interview

Interview

Interview with a recruiter asking about a React experience and some technical questions including what mathdology do you use? It wasn't that hard but the question was a bit vague

Interview Questions

Interview

First, a recruiter reached out to me and we chatted about the basics. What have I done, what am I looking for. Next, I came in office for a series of interviews with various members of the team. About 3 interviews. There was a design challenge which involved some sketching.

Interview Questions

• If you had to plan a team for a new app design project who would be involved?   Answer Question

React Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco in May 2020.

Interview

I talked with 2 hr people, 2 engineers, and one exec level person. I completed what they told me was the entire process. I followed up with hr people a few times to see if it was a yes or no. Never heard back. Seemed quite unprofessional to not give someone the courtesy of an email after sitting for about 4 interviews.

React Developer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

phone screen (15 mins) -> technical interview (30 mins) -> Q/A with a non-tech consultant & Q/A and technical interview (30mins each - total 1hr)

Matched to be interviewed with engineers with less experience than myself (and I only have 2 years of experience ). They were both in Orlando teams and could not answer anything about a team I will expect to match with. One of the two engineers was incredibly unprofessional and attended the interview through his personal phone and I had to look at his forehead the whole time. I received an offer from another company and reached out to them twice to follow up - no response.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Behavioral interview conducted on campus that was very conversational. The hiring person was very nice. The culture was very friendly. Asked very situational STAR questions. "what did you do when.." "How do you react in ..."

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.