Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Cyber Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for Capco's cyber security practice as a senior consultant.

The interview consisted of an initial phone screening done by the recruiter and then went on to 2 phone interviews with a principal consultant and partner.
    After the phone interviews, I was scheduled for an in person at Capco's New York office to meet with a managing partner and principal consultant

The interviews were structured to understand my management consulting experience and skill set. Capco addresses a candidate to understand how they would fit within it's culture and how flexible a candidate is ,given the dynamic environment the company operates in.

Capco works with all the biggest financial services companies in the world and sets up its employees to have top tier experiences when it comes to management consulting.

The whole interview process was excellent and the recruiters are very receptive and hands on. I had an excellent experience at Capco, and would recommend candidates to consider applying to the firm.

Interview Questions

• How would you address scoping of an information security management system of a multi national office, who's infrastructure was in the UK but main office was in New York?
      The company wants to limit the audit to it's New York office.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (San Bruno, CA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online through my college's career website. I subsequently had two on campus interviews with two different consultants. The questions were fairly general and covered behavior, resume, past experience, and the company in general. Both interviewers were pretty nice, but were from the IT Group so I couldn't get much in the way of information about their financial services consulting arm.

For the final round, I traveled to their San Bruno office and interviewed with two partners. The first one asked me a brainteaser and a guesstimate question. Then he asked me what my ideal job (position and company) right after college would be, which I thought was kind of an awkward question. The second partner was more laid back and we talked about my experience and the company itself. I heard back from them with an offer that same week.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you have 10 bags of nails, and each nail weights 10g. You also have a scale upon which you can weigh a combination of the bags or nails from the bags once. You know that one of the bags is off by a certain amount of grams, but you don't know which bag or by how much. How do you find out, with one weighing, which bag it is?   10 Answers
    • How would you estimate the amount (in terms of sales) of ketchup in the United States each year?   Answer Question

Something didn't sit right with the whole experience. The company rents their offices from an office rental company to, as they claim, save on overhead costs but I thought it was a little unprofessional looking. There are backed by a private equity firm, which is a little strange as well. Lastly, their offer was fairly low in base salary but had some pretty good benefits.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed for a spot in Capco's Associate Talent Program. Had a phone interview with a HR rep (100% behavioral), then a phone interview with a more senior consultant (mostly behavioral), followed by a face-to-face interview consisting of three interviews (with consultant, senior consultant, and partner), with the final step being a half day "assessment center". The assessment day consisted of a rapid-fire question and answer session with several employees of differing levels, a written case exercise, and a group presentation exercise. All in all, the interview process was lengthy and thorough but pretty laid-back in reflection of the firm's culture overall.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capco in December 2012.

Interview

friend refer followed by phone interview, one week later on site superday with 4 round back to back interview with partners. got offer the next day

Interview Questions

• fairly simple, just let me work through my resume and ask relevant questions around my previous work/ project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

standard package for associate level

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

3 rounds, including one with HR.

First round was typical HR interview... walk me through your resume.
    Second round consisted of 4 interviews with senior level consultants. Again not many techncical questions. Mostly all fit.
    Third Round was in group case study format. Brief writing exercise. Group presentation.

Associate Interview

Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

Negotiation

good

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

First round began with 12 of us in a room for introductions. We then split off into 3 separate interviews where we were asked about resumes, experience, and questions like, "tell me about something interested that not many other people know about." I was invited back for a second round with the team I would be working with, but didn't make the cut. Second interview consisted of being grilled on tiny details in resume and asking for extra detail each time.

Interview Questions

• "Why" in relations to most of my answers in the second interview caught my offguard   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email. I went to the "ATP interview night". I talked to 4 different consultants. Most of the questions were very general like why do you want to work here, why management consulting, walk me through your resume, etc...

Interview Questions

• How would you find the weight of an elephant without a scale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Intense but creative. We got there around 8am ,then it finished at 2pm. We did 1:1 question, group case study, write emails... basically it was testing the way you think, how you react to a given problem and how much you know about Capco. Don't be too nervous, but because some questions are very unpredictable, I will recommend to just be yourself, don't try to act like someone who you are not. Some of the questions will require instant response and that's how they know how you think and also maybe your personality.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

First round telephone interview about CV, why Consulting, why Capco, what is interesting about Banking in general. I had to make an elevator pitch about my CV and had to specify why I choose that specific university and both of the banks I have worked in.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was actually a rather enjoyable interview experience. I first had a phone screen with a recruiter to go over my resume, gauge my communication skills, and answer typical questions like 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?' The next week I was invited to the office, where I had two 30min interviews with Associate Consultants. The office had an awesome loft, style layout with incredible downtown views. The Consultants were personable, and they asked about my background, why Capco, why consulting and then proceeded with a series of rapid fire questions to test my ability to think critically on my feet. I was invited to the final round - Assessment Center Day - where about 15 candidates completed work simulation exercises, presented a group case study and had the opportunity to have a Q&A with Partners and other Consultants.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.