Capital One Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.3

Analyst Interview

Interview

Great and friendly people. Interview process was very very simple. Just try and you'll probably get the position. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume for yourself and the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you had to do in your last job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was heavily jumbled and the hiring team was unclear with their communications at best. However the questions were interesting and the overall experience was neutral. They also were unable to accommodate my scheduling needs.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There was one phone screening and followed this 6 onsite interviews. Phone screening included several technical question on machine learning and Neural nets. For the onsite, there were 6 rounds, they made me stay overnight in a 4-star hotel. The overall process looked pretty structured.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe how you would address the problem of overfitting
      2. Explain the NN architecture you used
      3. What are OLS assumptions?
      4. Describe Hereoskedasticity and how will you deal with it
      5. Write a SQL query to get the maximum number in a column   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I was part of their summer Developing Leaders Summit so this gave me an automatic 2nd round interview. They flew me to HQ in McLean, VA. It was three interviews consecutively. Behavorial, then a classic profit and revenue question, then a new product idea.

Interview Questions

• Choose a product in your every day and how would you make it better?   Answer Question
    • Think of a Salt and Pepper shaker, how could this be made better?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through their website. Contacted me to set up a phone interview in about a week. Got dropped after the phone interview. The recruiter was really nice and answered my questions patiently.

Interview Questions

• Two cases. Not very difficult. I'm pretty sure I did well, but I didn't make it to the on-site in washington.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Case interview on campus, took about 30 minutes, and they asked no behavioral questions. It was a pretty simple case, anything you find online for practice is pretty comparable. Interviewer was pleasant.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews after online Reading Comprehension and Analytical ability test. More to come. It was pretty easy and friendly. Process seems very streamlined. But there seems to be many levels before final decision is made.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Great process where Cap1 brings you into the McLean office for a half-day of interviews followed up by lunch and a tour. There will be three separate interviews of which two will be a case interview and the other will be a product interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via my campus job portal and interviewed on campus. A few days later received an email inviting me to interview in their office. About 6-7 other people interviewed at the same time as me. Around 50% of people who fly in get offers.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this role? What relevant experiences have you had?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a 30 minute case interview on campus. After that I was invited to headquarters in DC for another interview, where I had 3, 1-hour-long case interviews. Then they showed us around the campus area and we had lunch. About 3 days later they let me know I did not get an offer. No one in my group of 6 got offers either.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.