Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Bank Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.5

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Online application then phone interview and then an in person interview. The online application asked for work history and also tested my mathematical skills. The phone interview was me role playing.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who is upset about a hold on their account?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

very smooth. simple and non complicated. very nice people. understanding. walked into a very welcoming environment. professional. everyone was very friendly and supportive. Normally everyone has the jitters before an interview but with this walking in felt right. felt truly at ease from the start.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marrero, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Marrero, LA (US)).

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. The very first interview was held with the HR Recruiter. He was very nice and straightforward with my background. The second interview was with the branch manager. It was an overall decent and comfortable experience. They asked very basic questions and provided specifics about the job responsibilites.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous cash handling experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was okay. Dont take the first offer. Always make a counter offer even if they do not accept it

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I was first called by hr for a phone interview after applying online two weeks later. After my phone interview with hr I was invited to a face to face interview with hr dept. After two day I was offered the position via final phone interview. I had to complete drug test, finger print, and background check within a week of offer. Once I completed all my paperwork I was teller trained. Training was in a group setting with other teller from all over Baton Rouge, La and surrounding areas. Training was two weeks long but we were paid full pay. Once you complete training you have a bank training (not at your destination branch) it lasted one week. After three weeks of training you are sent to your destination branch permanently.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer? What are some examples you have done to go above and beyond for a customer? What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you handle a busy and stressful environment?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was first interviewed via phone by the recruiter. I received the call in weeks after applying online. Then she set up an appointment to meet with a branch manager who interviewed me.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wantagh, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wantagh, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with two interviewers. The first talked about the company and asked basic interview questions, the second discussed the actual job position and asked more "get to know you" questions. The second interviewer was more relaxed than the first. Both happened in the same day. Once the place you in a possible location, the manager of that branch gives you a brief interview and tells you more about that particular branch.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose Capital One?
      2. Would you notify a manager or HR about employee behavior that goes against company policy?
      3. What would you do when dealing with an unsatisfied customer?
      4. What can you contribute to the company?
      5. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New Orleans, LA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

You receive a phone interview then an in person interview with two different people then you get the job. It is a quick process. They then notify you of when training will start usually a month in advance so you can give your job a two week's notice.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with bad customers?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I completed the online application along with an initial assessment. The initial assessment was personality, situation/action scenarios, and a money counting exercise. Next I completed a video interview online. A couple days later I was contacted by recruiting. She asked me a few basic interview questions and scheduled an interview at the local branch. During the face to face interview they asked many of the same questions that were in the initial assessment. At the end of the interview I was giving the opportunity to ask any questions I had. The interviews went great and was told they would make a decision in 2-3 days. Three days later I was contacted by on-boarding and given first steps. They ran a background check, had me complete finger printing. I was told no credit check was needed and drug testing hasn't been mentioned. I go to training in a week.

Interview Questions

• Why Capital One? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Several situation questions.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about a month would have been quicker if I wouldn't have been on vacation. They waited on me to get back to do the in person interview, the managers who interviewed me were very nice and easy to talk to. The culture of capital one from what I was told is pretty cool considering they think themselves to be a mini Google, which I'm looking forward to.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where u went up and above for a customer who was unhappy?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Southlake, TX (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online (this has changed since I started working here: from my understanding you are asked to submit a video now introducing yourself and all the managers see it) yes all of them so be careful.
    Received a call about a month or two later.
    Recruiter asked some questions and explains the job and asked if I was interested.
    Went back and forth while she spoke with the manager.
    Asked to travel for face to face interview.
    Interviewd with a branch manager and district manager.
    All the questions are based on STAR
    S- situation
    T- task
    A- action
    R- result

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had to deal with an irate customer. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you went up and above for a customer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.