Capital One Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Business Analyst Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.1

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First interview was a case interview. Questions were not that hard, it's all logical and basic math.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Interview

There was a screening interview on campus that was a basic case interview and pretty straightforward. I found out later that day that I moved on to the next round. I was invited to a "Power Day" at the Richmond office and had two case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to learn something new in order to accomplish something? (They wanted an answer other than learning a new software or coding language).   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview

Capital One has a great interviewing process. Cases are very quantitative, and behavioral interviews are typical. Everyone you meet will be genuinely excited to have you there.

Interview Questions

• Cases are very quantitative, so keep in that mindset as you go through   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

They had an on campus interview first, which I think has a really low threshhold for success, because I blew it and still passed. Then I went to the office for round 2 and stayed at the hilton. they had a dinner for us the night before and a lunch and tour the day of... the people they had us with were somewhat weird, though.

Interview Questions

• One case about energy plants and looking at graphs. One case looking at atms. Lots of solve for x type problems   1 Answer

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2014.

Interview

I applied though college career system and got accepted after two weeks. The campus interview was a 30 min case study. Very easy math problem. They told me that I got into the on-site interview a couple hrs later. The on-site includes three more case studies and a behavioral interview.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

One interview on campus with a case. Round of three interviews on Capital One campus, followed by a luncheon. Certain interviewees were invited back for a fourth case interview. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Valuate a shipping company based on fleet, loads, etc.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First submit the application in their website and our school's website. Then, take the interview on campus

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I met them at the Career Fair at my school (Target School). After talking with them for about two minutes they said they'dbe in touch. About 3-5 days Later I got an email saying I got an interview. 1st round was at the university, pretty standard, It was 1 case that focused on break-even analysis. I then got a call 3-5 days after that saying I got an invite to their "power day".
    Power day was cool, you get to check out their richmond campus which is nice. It consists of 3 interview, 2 case interviews and 1 fit.

The first case was very straight forward, it had to do with factoring in credit risk to determine business development, they help you through it. The 2nd case was a little crazier as I had to analyze a graph presented to me and then basically present my analysis in graphical form as well. The data was abstract so your ability to graph is based on your understanding of what should theoretically be happening (think derivatives).

The Fit interview was the only negative part of my experience, My interviewer couldn't show up, so I had a phone fit interview. which in my eyes is just pointless because how are you trying to understand a person's personality and attitude if you aren't face to face.

Also, a lot of people get final rounds with Capital One so, don't get cocky once they invite you to richmond

Interview Questions

• Given the Death rates for 5 different customersegment groups. Which ones should we include in our portfolio to break-even? Graph our profits as we include additional groups   2 Answers

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First interview is a case study, which lasts for 30 min. Try to relax and think clearly as there's a lot of simple math. You have to work pretty fast through the problem and don't make any silly mistakes!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions as they were really clear that the first interview will be a case study.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Very friendly recruiters who really do care about you. Never received any automated calls or emails.

Interview Questions

• Most of the cases were all numbers based, so I was thrown off in the final round when I received a strategy based cased.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.