Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Capital One in February 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Was just a very easy case study. Was not ask for second round, not sure why since I did not make any errors in the case study. Besides that, the interviewer was nice and it was not stressful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavior Question, they asked you to describe one complex problem you have solve, give example.
    They followed these questions with some small questions based on your
    answers. I feel they want to know what you did in detail to check if there
    are some matches between your experience and the position. So,please get
    familiar with your previous projects and relate them to the role.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through career services at the university. Initial round was a pretty straightforward case, no big surprises or anything. I did ask a question in the beginning that the interviewer knew I needed to know to solve the case but he said "we don't have that information at this time" and then proceeded to tell me later "Oh you asked about this earlier, here is the answer now". So try to be really structured and don't ask for things in a random order. You look confused and if you get the right answer, lucky as well.

Interview Questions

• try to know as many business equations as possible to show off your math skills during the case. if you dont know an equation, not the end of the world but you have to ask for it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

There was a first round interview on campus with a very straightforward break-even case. As long as you could do math and understood the basics of profitability it was really easy.

The second round had three interviews in the morning (2 cases and 1 behavioral) and an afternoon case interview that only some candidates were given.

The two morning cases were straightforward with one simple profitability case and another case about credit card profitability with different assumptions for the default rate. The behavioral interview was three questions off of the prep sheet they give you ahead of time followed by, "Why Capital One?"

They said the afternoon interview wasn't good or bad, but I killed the first three interviews and was still asked to stay for the afternoon. This interview was given by a VP and was the hardest Capital One case I saw. It involved calculating multiple break-even points, drawing a graph, and understanding probability distributions.There was one portion that I struggled with at first, but the interviewer helped out with a few leading questions. At the end when I presented ways to potentially deal with a problem, he challenged my recommendation (specifically one word of the suggestion) and we got into an extended discussion in which I had to defend the recommendation. I wasn't happy that I'd needed some help with the case, but he said I did well.

An hour and a half later, before I made it through airport security, I got a call from the recruiter offering the job. Two of the Capital One business managers I met at info sessions (and mentioned in my cover letter) contacted me over the weekend congratulating me on acceptance and the recruiter followed up on Monday. This high touch process combined with the caliber of people I met during the recruiting process made me feel like the company really valued me and that it'd be a place with work I'd want to do and people I'd want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Case details don't help. The difficult case required the ability to evaluate a business model, compare two pricing structures, calculate multiple break-even points, draw a graph, and an understanding of how different probability distributions could affect user behavior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation went into the acceptance because the salary is great (basically a $70k annual salary prorated for the 10 weeks you work).

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

on campus interview test

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

It was just a case interview, calculator provided, and it wasn't a difficult question. No behavioral question asked.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just a case interview. Lady was nice.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2013.

Interview

The 1 st round was a case interview, about 30 min. The recruiter just asked me how did you hear about capital ones? Tell me sth about yourself? Why do you choose capital one? How professional can you use excel? Can you tell me more details about your XX experience? The case was about a commercial bank expanding new business, which specific sector to choose to get more profit?

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I submitted application online and was selected for a 30-min interview. It was basically case interview which includes math and strategy. A calculator was prepared by them. The math is not hard though as long as you understand the problem well.

Interview Questions

• It took me quite a while to totally understand the business case.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I passed the first round. It's not hard, just a case study lasting for 45 minuets

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Recruiter will contact you for initial phone screen to tell you more about the application process. Will ask you about what you're looking for, salary requirements, and etc. No need to stress about this. Basically just have to play ball here, and not shoot yourself in the foot with outrageous salary or title demands to keep the process going. Their recruiters, at least the one I dealt with, are extremely fair, high-touch, and thorough.

The interview process for this position is no walk in the park. 2 45 minute behavioral interviews, and two 45 minute case interviews. The cases are relatively straight-forward, but considerably more difficult than the easy cases they post on their website. You have to do well on the cases to get an offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.