Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Had two brief phone conversation with HR and a senior manager before flying over to TX. The limo took me from the airport to NYLO hotel. Then the next day morning 5 of us were arranged to different rooms and waiting for the interviewers. I was very excited and well prepared but still struggled. I killed my first behavoral round. Until the cases, my two interviewers(VPs) had very heavy Indian accent therefore I couldn't even understand some of the questions. It's very frustrating that you have to really focus on what they said then talk through the problems on your approach. I wasn't sure if I understood correctly. One of them showed a boring look and wasn't interested in my answers at all...Overall, I would say the entire process is just average(better if you can better understand the casers....) Out 5 of us, only 1 person made to the final round. Maybe he was good at the cases or maybe just speaking&knowing the accent lol PLEASE diversify people in the senior management.....Play a fair game.

Interview Questions

• One of the cases was about a shipping company.
    They asked many detailed questions(conceptual) after you solved the breakeven.
    What does this graph mean?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Great interview process. Began with an initial case interview by phone. The case was quite simple, interviewer was really just looking to see if I could understand the parameters of a problem and use the relevant information to arrive at a solution. Then invited to Richmond, VA where their main campus is located. After a tour of the campus, went through two more quantitative case interviews followed by a behavioral interview. Process was very straightforward and honestly quite fun overall.

Interview Questions

• Case questions were quantitative and all about problem-solving, nothing technical.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very structured interview process. Applied through campus recruiting and was later selected for a phone case interview. I passed the case (found out in under 24 hours) and was invited to interview in Richmond. The Richmond interview consisted of two cases and a behavioral interview. I was then asked to stay for an additional case interview. I received an offer in <24 hours.

The case interviews are unlike consulting interviews; they are more straightforward and usually have a specific quantitative answer. The behavioral interview was very structured; I was given a list of possible questions a day in advance, and three questions were selected from that list.

Overall, I felt very welcome; the recruiters and interviewers were all very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Intern.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I met the recruiter and a couple of current business analysts at my school career fair. The recruiter and associates were very friendly and open to answering any questions I asked. I applied on my school website and the Capital One website and heard back about my first interview within the week. The first interview was a 30 minute case interview and Capital One offered 2 different opportunities to practice cases with current analysts before the interview. A few days later I was offered a final round interview on-site, which consisted of 1 behavioral and 2 case interviews. Overall, Capital One's process was quick and very well organized.

Interview Questions

• The case interviews were mainly numbers based and revolved around banking and credit card type problems.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Started with an initial phone interview. The interviewer ran through a case with me. The case was fairly simple and math oriented, and unlike typical consulting cases had a correct answer. About a week later, I got an e-mail saying I was selected for the next round, which was a morning of interviews in their McLean office. There was a meet and greet at a hotel the night before. There were three interviews that morning. One was very similar to the phone interview, one was situational questions (Tell me of a time when ___), and one consisted of a market sizing question as well as a short brainteaser. Each was about 45 minutes. During that morning, there was also a tour of their campus, as well as lunch with current analysts.

Interview Questions

• Brainteaser: 100 lightbulbs question (You can find it online)   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied through the campus recruiting at my website. The interviewer hands you a case and you have thirty minutes where you run through the case, which typically tests you on your analytical and communication skills. I stumbled a little bit so I asked a couple of clarifying questions and they were very nice in helping guide me through the process.

Interview Questions

• The calculations that you had to do for the case were far more difficult than the practice examples that they give you. It definitely was a lot more analytical than I had predicted.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in September 2014.

Interview

The process began with some networking events and, frankly, a poorly executed info session. After a resume drop through campus recruiting, they made selections for first round interviews. The interview began with introductions and then proceeded to a case. The key part of the interview was the break-even analysis. Highly recommend that any interviewees practice this, you can find examples of how the company wants you to handle these scenarios online.

Interview Questions

• The case involved a mini-golf course seeking to increase profits. Several promotional offers were discussed.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through school. 1st round 30 min case on campus. First round was pretty straightforward with profit=revenue - loss and breakeven calculations. 2nd round in either of their Virginia offices. 1 behavioral and 2 cases, 45 min each. My second case was much harder than the first. It was somewhat hard to relate to the interviewers because they were significantly older and didn't seem very interested or invested in you as a candidate. No offer but it was a great learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a challenge and what you learned. They a lot of follow up questions for each situation.   5 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Was selected through on-campus recruiting. Went through first round interview which was a case study. Then was flown to Dallas to go through final rounds which consisted of two cases and a behavioral interview. Overall was a very easy process as Capital One really wants to take care of its interns and treat you well.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was about a Uber-like taxi service. Was required to find out factors that affect profit and do some simple calculations to determine if that was true. Once I found a result I was then required to come up with a recommendation.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Interviews are all cased based--usually around profitability and breaking-even. Understand profitability frameworks before going in and practice with case-prep books. Slightly different from consulting case interviews but similar enough.

Interview Questions

• Case was based on Uber and how to increase profitability during non-peak hours   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.