Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Dec 2017

3.3

459 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

lengthy! interviewed with at least 5 people. case interviews had simple business problems but you are being judged on how well you formulate your thinking, communicate the important aspects and do the math. Behavioral round goes in to your people skills/temperament and occasionally there is a job fit round as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you faced a difficult decision   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

One 30 min case interview. It was a probability case. It was pretty math intensive. There were no behavioral questions. The interviewer jumps right into the case. There is time at the end to ask the interviewer any questions one might have.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Nashville, TN (US)).

Interview

Asked a simple case interview question. After solving the case, asked a few behavioral questions. Overall, the process was very straightforward. The interviewer was very cordial and they got back to me within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather have more tenants that pay less money, or less tenants that pay more money? The profit is the same.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

I applied through my school's recruitment site (resume drop) and got notified relatively quickly about a first round interview on campus. This interview was one 30 minute case (despite them saying they don't try to trick you with math the case was very math based). After a few days I was notified I had moved on to the final interviews at their campus in Richmond. All candidates stayed overnight at a Hotel and then went to Capital One in the morning for 3 interviews and a campus tour (which was so cool). 2 case interviews (again math based but still needed to have strategy insights) with behavioral questions sprinkled and then one product interview (which was honestly pretty fun however it was kind of stressful when they put you on the spot for 10 ideas about how to improve a random product). Overall a great experience and they let me know the next day I had received an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial case interview over the phone and selected one of the later dates from the options provided. I was that all the spots for the second round were full so I had to wait about a month to hear back. I then was contacted two days before the proposed interview date and luckily was able to make it. Day of, there was 3 interviews, two case and one product interview. The cases were reasonable and doable and the product interview was to test your creativity. At the beginning of each interview they asked 1-2 behavioral questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First round interview on campus followed by a second round at one of the offices. The turnaround from the first round and second round was very quick (within 1 day).

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume on-campus, then was selected for a first-round on campus. The format was a few behavioral questions, then a highly quantitative case, totaling 1 hour. I thought I bombed, but made the final round, for which they flew me out to Richmond. I had 2 x 1 hour case interviews similar to the first round, and 1 x 1 hour product interview that had a bunch of questions related to different stages of the product life cycle. Overall, very accommodating HR people, and pleasant interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team, and you advocated for another group member (something like that).   Answer Question
    • The case questions were highly quantitative, and mostly concerned with breakeven equations and manipulating profit equations using different variables. Know Profit = Revenue - Cost and the per-unit breakdown and you should be OK. Also, remember that you have a calculator that you can use.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Resume drop on-campus for the Product Management & Analytics Rotational Program. There's one interview on-campus (literally just a case, no behavioral questions) followed by a final round at one of their office locations. Overall took about 4-5 weeks from my drop to my offer.

The final round consists of three interviews in the morning with manager/director/VP level employees. Each interview is ~45min with 1-2 behavioral questions. 2 interviews will have a case and the other is the product interview. You'll have lunch with some associates + other candidates and if Capital One is on the fence about you, you'll be invited back for a 4th interview after lunch. I heard back the same day about an offer (not sure if this is standard).

In terms of prep, Capital One really goes out of their way to help you out. Make use of the resources they provide (your assigned "buddy," the campus recruiting team's case prep sessions, alumni, etc.) and you should be fine. Once you get an offer, you'll have 2-4 weeks to accept though they're very accommodative in terms of extending the deadline. There'll be a number of celebration type events afterwards, one of which is a Welcome Weekend where they fly you in for dinner, a campus tour, and Caps/Wizards/Nationals game.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... leadership, teamwork, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

From what I understand there's little to no room to negotiate on base salary as that's standardized throughout the analyst program (for the incoming 2018 class in DC, the salary is actually 80-85k base; not sure if Glassdoor drops older submissions as salaries increase over the years). If you have another offer that's pretty great (Bulge bracket, FS strat, Big 3, etc.) you *might* be able to increase your signing bonus.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through my campus system, and was selected for a first round case interview. It was a profit case that asked my to analyze two different decisions and figure out which was better.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

One product management case and two business cases for superday. No feedback was given after I was declined an offer, despite one of the interviewers expressing how impressed they were. They seem incredibly friendly during the process until you get rejected, and then all connection is cut off and no effort is put into maintaining a relationship, which is why I chose not to recruit for the full time position a year later.

Interview Questions

• 2 business cases, 1 product management/development case   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.