Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.3

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Capital One in February 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Was just a very easy case study. Was not ask for second round, not sure why since I did not make any errors in the case study. Besides that, the interviewer was nice and it was not stressful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

There was a first round interview on campus with a very straightforward break-even case. As long as you could do math and understood the basics of profitability it was really easy.

The second round had three interviews in the morning (2 cases and 1 behavioral) and an afternoon case interview that only some candidates were given.

The two morning cases were straightforward with one simple profitability case and another case about credit card profitability with different assumptions for the default rate. The behavioral interview was three questions off of the prep sheet they give you ahead of time followed by, "Why Capital One?"

They said the afternoon interview wasn't good or bad, but I killed the first three interviews and was still asked to stay for the afternoon. This interview was given by a VP and was the hardest Capital One case I saw. It involved calculating multiple break-even points, drawing a graph, and understanding probability distributions.There was one portion that I struggled with at first, but the interviewer helped out with a few leading questions. At the end when I presented ways to potentially deal with a problem, he challenged my recommendation (specifically one word of the suggestion) and we got into an extended discussion in which I had to defend the recommendation. I wasn't happy that I'd needed some help with the case, but he said I did well.

An hour and a half later, before I made it through airport security, I got a call from the recruiter offering the job. Two of the Capital One business managers I met at info sessions (and mentioned in my cover letter) contacted me over the weekend congratulating me on acceptance and the recruiter followed up on Monday. This high touch process combined with the caliber of people I met during the recruiting process made me feel like the company really valued me and that it'd be a place with work I'd want to do and people I'd want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Case details don't help. The difficult case required the ability to evaluate a business model, compare two pricing structures, calculate multiple break-even points, draw a graph, and an understanding of how different probability distributions could affect user behavior.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation went into the acceptance because the salary is great (basically a $70k annual salary prorated for the 10 weeks you work).

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavior Question, they asked you to describe one complex problem you have solve, give example.
    They followed these questions with some small questions based on your
    answers. I feel they want to know what you did in detail to check if there
    are some matches between your experience and the position. So,please get
    familiar with your previous projects and relate them to the role.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

First round on-campus case-interview. Second round was a "Power Day" at their HQ in Richmond which consisted of 2 case interviews and 1 behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Last Case Interview - Given a businesses P&L sheet and asked to calculate several different things to determine if the business would be a profitable investment.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied through campus' career services. Was invited to a networking session, and then a first round interview on-campus. The night before the first round, we went through a case with some capital one employees.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate the revenue Capital One would get by either advertising via e-mail or via Facebook   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2013.

Interview

I was e-mailed to let me know I had made it through to the first round of interviews and that it would be a 30 minute case interview. The date of the case interview I received a call right on time and was asked a few simple breakeven and profit calculation questions. I know I answered them all correctly, however I did stumble while I was verbally walking through my calculation; I had to backtrack and I think that's what ultimately killed me. You need to be able to walk through the problem casually and easily, but without hesitation. I was not invited for the final round and I can't say I was too surprised.

Interview Questions

• I'd rather not say because they might potentially use the same questions. However, I did say what the questions were based off of. So long as you review those things, you will be fine.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Full day power day. typical management consulting interview process. Total 5 interviews mixed with case interviews and behavior interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many public phones in new york city?   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple and straight forward

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process consisted of three rounds: preliminary exam, one first round interview, and then an office visit with four separate interviews. The exam was not difficult, and the first round interview is kind of a light case interview that lasts a little over half an hour. The office visit took about half the day, with four interviews being spread throughout the day. Three of the interviews are case interviews, with an emphasis on mathematical problem solving. The fourth interview is a typical behavioral interview. The case interviews can be a little challenging, but I personally found the emphasis on math and numbers preferable to purely conceptual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was probably during the behavioral interview: "Talk about one time that your supervisor/colleague criticized you, and what you learned from that experience"   Answer Question

I liked the company, just had an offer at a company that was more in line with my career goals.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial Telpehonic round of interview.

Then 3 case study base interviews. Nothing technical

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

On campus interview which was a case interview

Interview Questions

• The followup questions after you answer the initial case question. The initial question is easy and are supposed to get after a few calculations.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.