Capital One Business Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Business Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.4

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview by HR, followed by one full day interview (2 case + 1 behavioral + 1 with sr VP(contingent doing well in previous interviews). Though it is described as quant based interview. It requires very basic math. Floor culture was fairly open and casual. Seems like nice place to work. They are starting out in Chicago after buying HSBC partnership business hence most people were new at the location and were excited about the facilities. They provide ample opportunity to know the firm better and find your fit. The process is very straight forward, one of the best I have ever seen. At the end of the day, one knows whether she or he has been selected or not.. Thats the best part about it. Interview runs for the full day and can be exhausting ! Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• 2 Case interview. Mainly focusing on profit, what do you think about the firm in case?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

- Online test
    - 2 behavioral interview
    - 2 business cases (1 dealt with P&L for cable company and prioritizing opportunities, another dealt with decision to add a process given a mix of bad and good customers)

You need to calculate CLV for a good customers and bad customers. Then you need to decide if adding a new process makes sense assuming certain mix of bad/good customers you may get.

Interview Questions

• Asked about optimal decision for running a set of plants with varying production capacity and cost of production.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated 10K increase in salary offered.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

1 computer-based test, 4 one-on-one interviews on the same day

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

1 informational interview
    1 online test (similar to GMAT)
    4 cases onsite -- 2 hr 2 strategy case
    the case interviews are about credit card P/L -- ie project the risk of individual apply for credit card and their probability of defaulting
    based on this information we will extend the line of credit based on risk

Interview Questions

• not really any, very typical case interview, about credit card P/L   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negociation

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in November 2008.

Interview

Behavioral and Case interviews

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tysons, VA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

A two-part process starting with a recruiter phone interview and culminating with a "power day" consisting of three interviews. The first two were case interviews and one was a behavioral interview. Candidates were notified promptly following the "power day" but the time gap between the phone interview and the "power day" was long.

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

One behavior interview, two case interviews. The behavior interview was standard and structured, and the questions were generic. The case interviews were not very like strategic consulting firms' interview. Capital One's have more calculation one site and focuse less on strategic solutions. I think the numbers you calculated right or wrong matter because it seems the interviewers have "right number answer", unlike in some other consulting interviews some numbers are assumed by you and the thought process are what they are looking for.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, and the recruited did a good job of explaining what to expect. The interviewers were friendly and sharp. It felt like a selection process, rather than elimination process.

Interview Questions

• Credit card question on profitability, evaluating economics of promotions. Behavioral questions were related to "tell me a time when". It was nto a regular resume walk.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in August 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter, followed by phone interview with my potential manager. Then there's the notorious test, which really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. My advice is to study, practice, and think of it like the GMAT, in that the first answer that comes to your head is probably the one you want to eliminate.

After I passed, I had an all-day interview that consisted of five one-hour behavioral/skills/case studies.

Finally, I had one final half hour meeting with the guy I'd ultimately roll up to. More of a formality.

Wonderful experience for me. Exceptional people, and I am eager to work with them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you failed...what did you learn?

Q: One of my interviewers drew the org chart of the area I'll be in with the VPs in each line of business. He erased it, and I had to draw it from memory and describe each function.

Q: Where do you want to be with this role in five years?

The questions themselves weren't terribly difficult, the follow-up ones were pressing, however.   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

I arrived on-site for a half day of scheduled interviews. Due to a scheduling mix-up by Capital One, my first interviewer was 15 minutes late. We spent approximately 30 minutes discussing and working through a case related to the credit card industry. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to get to know the interviewer before he was off to another scheduled interview. The second case was interesting and required the calculation of a break-even given a change in one assumption. I again felt the interviewer wanted to stick to the script and didn’t really want to get to know my past work experiences and how they could be of benefit to Capital One. I was then escorted to a room to take a mathematics test where I was interrupted by other Capital One employees looking for a room to hold a meeting. I was extremely frustrated with respect to the disruption since the exam is timed. The final meeting was a behavioral interview that consisted of three questions. Again, the interviewer was very focused on following a script and did not spend much time sharing personal experiences within the organization. Given that the position requires a significant amount of teaming, I would have expected those interviewing candidates to spend more time determining whether the candidate would be a good fit. There were about 8 or so other candidates interviewing. Seems that the company has a lot of openings to fill and I am not sure if this is due to turnover or if they are truly expanding that quickly. The online interview prep site was very helpful and will give you insight into what you can expect for your day of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Dominos analysis - how would a change to the marketing campaign influence the bottom line?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.