Capital One Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Consulting

Capital One Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Harrison, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I was sent an email by the recruiter to interview and take a few online assessments. When I replied to confirm the day/time, she never responded. I followed up two more times in the span of 3 weeks since it was the holidays- no response. If you’re going cancel my consideration, be upfront about it and don’t waste candidates’ time. If this is how they treat external candidates, I can’t imagine how employees are actually treated!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in April 2017.

Interview

Had an interview with HR that went well. Progressed to hiring manager. The interview consisted of two questions. The manager immediately communicated her disinterest in continuing the conversation. Asked if I had any questions. Yes, I have one! "Why would I want to work for you?"
    Sorry, if you are going to interview people sound a little excited about the department you manage and hire for. Don't waste my time! Its no wonder this particular position has been posted forever.

Interview Questions

• Very surface-y question about my previous experience that dripped with a tone that said "I'm bored and not really interested in hearing your response."   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Specific case study regarding credit card usage among possible clients. It involved setting up and solving several simultaneous equations and then they added levels of information and difficulty to the question. You can use a calculator. Then you make recommendations and decide if your solution makes sensed. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How do you decide if it is worthwhile to introduce this credit card given costs and potential audience?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in June 2011.

Interview

Different and lack of real time scenarios but man was very nice and the company is definately expanding in various areas. Benefits seems good and alot of company perks which make it very nice .

Felt that contracting was a better fit

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Video interview from ages of waiting, almost over two months.
    VI is one you have to finish it in you laptop or phone
    there are also personality strength and recommendation draft based two business cases

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in working for Capital one?
      What are you looking for in your next position, and why are you applying for this role?
      Tell me about a time when you faced an ambiguous situation and had to make a decision on your own?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Online tests, skype interview and on-site interviews. I was initially told that I was brilliant at maths and strategy thinking, which got my hopes up. I wasn't invited past the video-interview as apparently this time my maths was bad. Very disappointed not by being declined, but by being manipulated.

Interview Questions

• Describe a strategy Capital One used to gain advantage over its competitors.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewd by Capital one for a lead developer , right to hire position . After initial exchange of email with staffing company , staffing company conducted their own screening, then forwarded resume to the capital one , capital one conducted a phone interview first , interview lasted for 2 hrs.Looks like the interviewer want to find some thing that i can't answer.
    The position is for consultant in java , j2ee technolgy , so questions were asked started from basic OOPS to Advacned questions all kinds of , including some syntax and unix commands too:).

I never had such a horrible interview in my life .
    Next one to one interview , four people grilled me to an extent , where i want to say ok thanks and leave.

I got selected , but declined the offer.

Hope this one helps to others.

Interview Questions

• explain what is the binary search? i don't say difficult question but unexpected and irrelevent to the job.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.