Capital One Director Interview Questions

Updated 10 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 5.1K interviews

Recruiter19%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Capital One

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by Online Assessments, several phone interviews. If you are in the last 4 or five candidates it all culminates with a power-day with 4-5 in-person interviews. You hear back a few days later about how things went

Interview Questions
  • Why are looking to leave your current position?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Divided between a panel, behavioral, and 1 on 1 meetings and was a mix of in-person and hybrid, coordinated so no question was asked twice. 6 hour day, everyone was incredibly friendly, overall great experience.

Interview Questions
  • What would be the first thing you would do if you got this job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in Aug 2020

Interview

30 minute Phone Interview with HR and then a series of process management tests and personality tests. Another 30 minute interview with hiring manager. Series of Interviews with others in department. Final interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Team building and people development

Capital One

Application

I interviewed at Capital One

Interview

Lengthy and thorough - included math, verbal and personality test, and behavioral as well as job fit interviews. Recruiters conduct salary negotiations. Typically, There is a phone screen with the recruiter, then another phone screen with the firing manager, a full day of on site interviews, and depending on level of hire, final phone screens with senior management (up to the general counsel)

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you were confronted with someone’s questionable or dishonest behavior.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in Dec 2019

Interview

Job Fit Interview: Interviewee didn't know what position I was applying for and talked about upcoming 2-week vacation. They didn't seem very organized / prepared for discussion. I also used this to ask questions about their experience at the company.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA) in Oct 2019

Interview

I first went through a round of case interviews. They were unclear if I’d have more or not — I did end up coming back for a final VP case, although the VP decided not to give me a case, just behavioral. I then met with members of the team I would join for 30 min behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Capital One (Tysons Corner, VA) in Sep 2019

Interview

This was drawn out over several months. Ultimately I would not interact with Capital One again based on this experience. I was passed across several recruiters over the time span, and ultimately did not receive an offer citing that another candidate had a very different background from mine and that was more what they were looking for. I spent a tremendous amount of prep time and ultimately feel I shouldn’t have moved past the first stage of interviews given where things landed. And this started with Capital One recruiters (multiple) teaching out to me. Hopefully this is unique and not a common experience, but it was mine so I’m sharing it if it helps other candidates decide how far to go through the process before walking away.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Best interview experience from recruiting screening all the way up-to relocation and on-boarding. The entire co-ordination of recruiting, interviewing, offer, relocation and on-boarding exceeded expectations. Very welcoming, treated with respect, interview travel needs and scheduling was very smooth. The interview process was very extensive, with one recruiter phone screen, one management phone screen, 3 exams and 5 in person interviews. However, the experience of going through the entire process was enjoyable. They do a very thorough screening of candidates to ensure the best fitting employees and leaders are hired.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of how you developed an employee that was not performing well.
  • What kind of culture do you like to work in? Where there is a lot of process or where there is a lot of innovation?

Capital One

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One in Oct 2017

Interview

It was interesting that Capitol One was emphatic about how well they treated employees and prospective employees. Had an entire day of interview and never heard back from anyone. I cancelled my Capitol One Card

6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA)

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter out of the blue. Several phone interviews later and they flew me out to Virginia. Interview process was intense! I've never experienced the full day interview like Capital One. All VP's and Senior Directors I encountered were top notch and the recruiter was on top of the process. Even though I didn't get the position, it was a positive experience and I'll likely look at Capital One in the future. Practice basic behavioral interview questions and scenarios related to the position you're applying for.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Capital One? Other behavioral questions...
7 people found this interview helpful