Capital One Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.4

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

Had first round interviews on campus then received an invitation to their power day. Consisted of 4 interviews. Two were basic behavioral, one case which wasn't bad just want to see how you view the financial statements, one job fit. Overall not bad at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond to get a task accomplished, tell me about the three big financial statements   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Interview

1. Applied through university career website
    2. Invited to apply on company website
    3. Case Study 1
    4. Super day: Case Study, Fit Interview, Behavior Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you persuaded someone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Given a Math and Verbal Skills Test
    2. Invited to a Case Interview (on-campus)
    3. Invited to Power day in Richmond,VA
    Power day ( given another case interview, job fit interview, and a behavioral interview)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead people?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a group member and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

I initially had a very basic phone interview which was spent mostly selling Capital One to me. I talked a little about my past experience. I then was asked to take a online assessment test which involved a quantitative section, a verbal section, and a personality section. In general, it wasn't that difficult - just review the practice materials that they provide you which will give you a good indication of the types of questions involved. I was then invited to Capital One's office in Richmond for a round of interviews - 2 behavioral and 2 case interviews. The behavioral interviews were straight forward for the most part, 3 questions each per interview. The cases entailed a qualitative piece and then a quantitative piece where you have to do some algebra and basic math to solve for break even points. While the math wasn't all that difficult, it was a little tricky having to make sense of the data in a short amount of time all while talking through your logic with someone watching.

Interview Questions

• Determining a break-even point for credit card customers who don't pass the initial application process. You need to recommend whether both tests in the application process are necessary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Great experience. Applied online and was asked the following day to take an online fit assessment and IQ test. I was quickly notified that I had passed and scheduled a phone interview. It was pretty straight forwards just know why you want to work at COF.

I was later invited to interview in Richmond. Capital One covered all of the expenses for transportation and the very nice hotel room. There was a reception the night before where candidates got to meet people currently involved in the program. Roughly 1:1 employees:candidates so it was a great opportunity to learn about the program.

Everyone had 3 interviews the following day (fit, behavioral, and case) and candidates who hadnt had a case on campus had a second case interview as well. Dont stress over the cases, if you passed the IQ test you'll most likely be fine as they are a bit more focused on quantitative topics. I heard back the same week.

Interview Questions

• Lots of team based questions. Keep a few examples in mind and make sure to review the example questions they give you. You will be asked some of them in the interview process.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

The final interview involved 3 mini-interviews. This included a case interview, behavioral interview, and fit interview. There were not really any "curve-balls" and all my interviewers were friendly. I flew in to the Richmond campus for the interview and toured the campus.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question is the case question. The interviewer is looking for you to get all the math right on that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation. All new hires in the Finance Program make the same amount.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Worked with the campus hiring manager to have a first round interview at my school. I then was flown to Richmond, Virginia for a Powerday, which included a reception at the Hilton the night before. Heavy in analytical case interviews.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Started with a quantitative and behavioral assessment, then I was invited for a first round interview. Interview was a basic case interview lasting roughly 45 mins with some behavioral questions at the end. Case was fairly simple nothing too difficult, you just need to be sure to walk them through your process and be as in depth in your explanations as possible.

Interview Questions

• What things would you need to consider before recommending to outsource your call center?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Initially approached by a recruiter. After a couple of conversations on the telephone, I was offered an interview in the company HQ in Richmond. Coming from Los Angeles, this was a process in itself.
    All flight and accommodations were arranged by their travel agent which made it very easy. Interview lasted a whole day. Started in the morning and then spoke with 3 people.
    One was technical, one was behavioral based (soft skills), and the last was a big picture interview.
    All interviews were done in 1 room where the interviewers come in one after another.
    Lunch right after on the campus with fellow Capital One employees, followed by a short tour of campus.
    Very impressed with how professional and seamless it was for the candidates.

Interview Questions

• A new division is thinking of launching a new credit card product which will offer the customer something unique in the market.
      Tell me what are the things that you need to calculate prior to making the decision on launching this product.   Answer Question

Offer was for a division that I was not interested in.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2012.

Interview

I was originally selected for on campus interviews for the BA position, but after that case study interview I was retracted to the finance program. The next round was an online evaluation. There were 2 parts to this evaluation: a personality test and a critical thinking test. The exams took about an hour and a half. The final round of interviews were in Richmond, VA. They had a power day that consisted of a tour of the campus, and more interviews. I had four interviews that day: 2 case studies, 1 goodness of fit, and one traditional.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.