Capital One Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

You get to have lunch with current employees before the interview begins, which really helps relieve any tension. The actual interview consists of 3 separate interviews back to back, where each interview consists of about 45 minutes. Although it is a long interview day, you get a decent break between each interview and they reach out to you with a decision within about 48 hours of the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and told me to apply online.

Received a quick phone call one week later to confirm answers to general questions like location preferences and where I attended university and to set up a date for an onsite interview.

Flown into Richmond, VA another week later (I picked the earliest available date) where I stayed at a nearby hotel overnight. Next morning I was joined by about a dozen other candidates in a tour of the campus, lunch with several TDP full timers, and finally 3 back-to-back interviews. I had a technical interview first, followed by case, then a 15 minute break, and finally behavioral.

Afterward, we were sent to the airport to head back home. Heard back another week later.

Technical - choose whether to write on paper or the whiteboard. 3 questions.

Case - general business scenario, talk about pros and cons, how would you solve this in code

Behavioral - STAR questions

Interview Questions

• General class/db design question.
      Recursion in a tree.
      Going through a linked-list.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

applied online and through college. Easy process and I got an email telling me that I was available for an interview and I could specify when the interview was. I am trying to fill up the thirty word minimum for this section and I am surprised I have not filled it up yet.

Interview Questions

• questions about unix commands as well as a coding puzzle dealing with parentheses matching. The interviewers were great and it was a great atmosphere that was provided to me.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I applied online, and got a onsite within a week. They flew me out to one of their campuses and I spent half a day interviewing. The interview had 3 parts: Behavioral, Case Interview and Technical Interview. You get them in random order and you get a break between each one.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were similar to the questions already posted on glassdoor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There was a case study and we had to go over a situation. It took about an hour and we were able to ask question after. They interviewer explained the culture of Capital One and the company culture was big on taking initiative and trying new things

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university, got a call to a final round interview. Interview was 2 case questions about coding inefficiencies and data structures. Everyone was very friendly. Tried to interview in Virginia but had to go to Texas instead. Travel costs were not reimbursed but I never reached out to HR to fix that so it's probably more my fault

Interview Questions

• Write out Prims Algorithm and estimate it's best and worst running time   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a preliminary interview at my college and then was asked to interview in McLean, VA. I was told to prepare for a case study interview which was something I had never done as a CS major. They had an info session where they talked about the case study and how to prepare for it so I did. I get to Capital One and have my standard behavioral and technical interviews. Then when it was time for the case study, two men came in and said they were trying something different and that I would instead have an interview on encryption. I hadn't yet taken a class on encryption and it was very unclear what they wanted me to do. I was so nervous and thrown for a loop because I had been preparing for something totally different. I got a call 3 days later saying I didn't get an offer. It all worked out though because I ended up getting an offer from Microsoft which was my first choice!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Invited for their highly selective Software Engineering Summit. Invited straight to final round interviews. Flew me down to Richmond, VA. 3 45-minute interviews: Behavorial, Technical, Business Case. Overall my interviewers were easy going and very helpful through the process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to an on-campus interview with one easy case and behavioral questions. Also attended a power day at the employers office in McLean with three rather quantitative and math based cases.

Interview Questions

• How would you raise funds for a charity (market segmenting question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

called me and booked me a flight. Flew in and had a super day. Very opulent and friendly office space, meant to impress interns. 3 rounds of interviews and then lunch

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.