Capital One Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The initial phone interview was with HR and mostly consisted of behavioral questions. They basically wanted to check if the candidate would be a good fit for the company based on the culture.
The second interview was in person. There were two interviews back to back which were mostly behavioral and example based- used STAR
The third interview was an in person interview and consisted of questions mostly on behavioral and technical capabilities

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a difficult situation and overcame it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Intern Interview

Interview

Flew me out to Richmond, Va. Interview was split into 3 parts: case, behavioral and technical.
    Case interviewer seemed uninterested and was somewhat rude. Other 2 interviews went fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain something technical to someone non-technical   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I went to an on-site interview at their headquarters in Richmon.
    The interview had 3 parts: case, behavior, and technical. The interview has 3 rounds each 45 minutes, and each is a 1 on 1 interview with a different person.
    The technical questions are 2 easy and 1 medium leetcode level questions. I am pretty sure they have one vote denial so if you don't pass a single one of the interview even if you nailed the other two you will get rejected. I definitely did not do well in my behavior interview compared to my others.
    In the behavior, the recruiter likes to ask A LOT of follow-up questions so be prepared with extra mini examples.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard, had a first round on campus and then they invited me back to their Chicago office for a final round. The first round was just behavioral and the final round was 2 parts behavioral and one part case.

Interview Questions

• Here are 3 companies balance sheets, tell me what one you would purchase and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There was an initial campus interview then second round interviews at the headquarters. Second round interviews had three case rounds, with each begun by a behavioral question. These questions were your typical ones, like "describe a challenge and how you overcame it."

Interview Questions

• They essentially taught how credit cards worked on the spot and then had you solve a case using that information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First is the 3 coding questions part. I did not make it through the third question. The third question was too hard to finish on time. They ask you to wait 6 months before reapplying

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2019.

Interview

I applied for the HR internship rotation program. The interview process was very long, but fair. It lasted for three hours and there were three sections. Behavioral (your typical kind of interview), case study, and job fit (similar to a behavioral but more about your working style and cultural fit). Each interview is 1:1. You get a 10 minute break between each. The most difficult was the case study. The example they sent was not representative of what I actually did. The other two were nice and conversational

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you were on a team and ran into challenges?   1 Answer
    • When is a time you had to learn something on the fly?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

the process is simple. i applied online and was contacted a week later. the interviewer was nice and was asked questions on my resume. then he asked a coding question on array and then some follow up questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied on the university website, took about 3 weeks to hear back for the interview. interviewed online. Interview went smooth and the interviewer helps you if you get stuck on something in the case

Intern Interview

Interview

After applying online, got to do an in person interview. It was a three part process, each lasting about 45 min. Behavioral section, technical section, and case interview. The interviewers were kind

Interview Questions

• How would you explain something technical to a non technical person   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.