Capital One Internship Interview Questions

Updated 2 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Capital One

Other6%
HardAverageEasy
Found 24 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Capital One (United States)

Interview

A series of three forty-five minute interviews. One programming, one business, one personal. Was with three different people. Coding question on paper for the technical interview. Design question for the business interview.

Interview Questions
  • How to make a credit card history
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egypt
Application

I interviewed at Capital One (Egypt)

Interview

First stage was a coding test using hackerRank was the first ever exam I do for an internship so I answered 2/3 of questions and did not get an offer but it was a nice go at a coding test , prepared me for other internship tests

Interview Questions
  • hackerRank kinda questions i would say the first one was a lot easier than the the third and it was 90 minutes or something
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Capital One (Greensboro, NC) in Nov 2020

Interview

It was very very difficult for my first time interviewing ever. I had to be interviewed by recording. Something very new to me. I wish I had practice talking to myself beforehand. I ended up being denied but you live and you learn.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to work for us?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Canada)

Interview

I applied through university portal. An initial online assessment was sent to each applicant before the actual screening, and after that you'll have a 45 minutes case based interview. A business background will be very helpful for the interview.

Interview Questions
Capital One
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Capital One (United States) in Jan 2020

Interview

First-round was a phone call with 1 case that was pretty simple. Powerday was virtual with 2 cases and 1 product interview. Completely relies on if your interviewers like you or not, and you won't get any feedback if you are denied, just told to apply again next year.

Interview Questions
  • List 10 ways to improve a product
  • Pick a favorite product and analyze it
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Nashville, TN) in Oct 2019

Interview

Applied with a referral. Recruiter reached out to me for on-campus final round. Was 3 sets of interviews: case, behavioral, and technical. All pretty easy, but I under-performed on the technical so I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Make a deep copy of a linked list with an extra pointer to a random node anywhere in the list.
  • Given an increasing sequence of numbers [1, 2, 3, 5], flatten the list as follows: 1->3, 5. Basically take ranges of adjacent numbers.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I interviewed at Capital One (United Kingdom)

Interview

Online application - Firstly online testing as standard - Secondly online one way interview. Asked around five questions, ranging from standard questions on why you want the job to other behavioural questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Hyderābād) in Jan 2019

Interview

This was a campus internship hiring drive. The process consisted of four rounds. First round we are asked to write pseudo code for a case study(On Bowling game with game rules mentioned). Second round we were presented with a mathematical problem. Third round was a technical round which consisted of questions on DS & Algorithms and OS. The Fourth or last round was a HR round.

Interview Questions
  • Case study: Write a pseudo code for bowling game with game rules mentioned.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (United Kingdom) in Nov 2018

Interview

Typical online test then followed a video interview. There is a numerical question where you have to work out the proportion of apple/android app users, followed by a question where they ask you to describe how you work it out, a question regarding marketing strategy about the app/ ideas on how to improve engagement with the app.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Capital One? Why did you apply for this programme?
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY) in Nov 2018

Interview

4 hours worth of interviews. 1 hour being a case study that was much simpler than I thought it would be. Simple math and basic finance knowledge should suffice. The rest was behavioral/fit interviews where they were just trying to get to know you, your experience, how you work in teams and under pressure and examples of those. Standard interview questions along with some that are a bit more challenging.

Interview Questions
  • What are some key things you would look for in a company when trying to decide whether or not to give them a loan?
  • If I gave you the financial statements of a company that is wanting to do business with us, tell me what you would look for, what you would find from each financial statement.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews