Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

4,534 Interview Reviews

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Management Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Blacksburg, VA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

For the First round interview, They came to my schools campus and conducted a 45 minute behavioral interview. They had 3 big questions, with smaller follow up questions to the answers that I provided.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you haven't touched on yet, that you would like to express to us   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Very standard interview process, first round: phone screen with HR, then a phone case interview - pretty standard case, you can find case interview example on COF website; then I was invited to on campus interview - two cases and two behavioral - 4 interviews in the morning; then candidate who made it to the "final", will had a conversation - a mix of case and behavioral with a VP+ in the afternoon.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Behavioral -> Case -> Technical
    I think the interviewers were professional and made the process go very smoothly. The most challenging part is the case interview since it is the only one you cant really study for.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Round1: Phone interview with a recruiter/HR.
    Round2: An online, automated, assessment via Hacker Rank.
    Round3: A three hour interview with three different people, back to back via Zoom. No break.
    Round4: An interview with a manager via Zoom.
    It was awful. I withdrew my application. For round 3 they send an email saying your interview could be any time between 9:00AM and 5:00pm. They send you another email the day before the interview of what exact time it is. Who thought 3 hours of back to back interviews was a good idea? I didn't get a break. The fourth interview was supposed to happen the same day round 3 but the interviewer rescheduled and I wasn't notified.

Interview Questions

• Encrypt the data in this list without changing the order of the elements.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Process took 2 week. There was a series of 4 interviews in a single day. 3/4 interviewers were great. The final interviewer was very arrogant like he had something to prove. Asked absurd questions like lifecycle of Spring bean expecting textbook definitions. He kept asking a question, going on mute, and texting. It was clearly obvious he was not paying attention.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the lifecycle of a Spring Bean.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

This has been the worst interview experience I have ever had in my 7+ years of PM interviewing. I interviewed twice with Capital One, first time was in March 2020 where I was contacted by the recruiter, after our initial call I was supposed to have a follow up with the hiring manager but no response from the recruiter. I followed up with the recruiter over the period of 4 weeks and no response at all, I assumed I just fell through the cracks.

Fast forward to July 2020 I get contacted by the same recruiter for a different Product Manager role (ignores our first encounter) and schedules a call with the hiring manager. Again I send a follow up email regarding my application but looks like I am ghosted again. This has been a terrible experience and I will never apply to such a dysfunctional organization.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Three interviews: Case, Behavioral, Technical.
    Case asked about online banking and to debug some code, technical asked leetcode easy and medium and OOP design question. For behavioral only 3 questions which are on Glassdoor. Thought case and behavioral were easy, but technical was a little tough.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Invite only event that I was able to apply through asking my university recruiter. Submitted my resume and was followed with a 45 minute behavioral interview with a senior executive. Talking to the summit recruiter prior to interview was very helpful too, was able to get this information through my school’s recruiter

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were able to change someone’s mind?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Super unprofessional, This guy had his kids screaming in the background. He didn't even take my time seriously and asked me questions totally unrelated to the job description. He was distracted and was walking around and you could hear all the different background nose. Super unprofessional, and unprepared. I don't want to be working at a company that cant respect other people's time.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First step was a quick in-person interview at my university. This consisted of a typical BA case, and though it required some algebra, it wasn't too intense. Then, I was invited onsite to their campus in Plano, where I had a battery of interviews. I had a behavioral interview, which wasn't too difficult, but I struggled with some of the questions. Then, a harder technical case than the first round, which I eventually got a solution to with a fair bit of guidance. Lastly, there was a "product" sort of interview - I had to think up 10 variations on the alarm clock. Then, I had to think of a service that I thought had a good business model, and describe what they did and why it was successful. After this, they fed a group of interviewees lunch. Overall, very positive experience, and their campus is nice - I wish I'd prepared more for the technical case, though!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your life where you've showed compassion for a team member/ friend?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Great and friendly people. Interview process was very very simple. Just try and you'll probably get the position. Make sure you bring a copy of your resume for yourself and the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you had to do in your last job   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.