Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Operations Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Nottingham, England) in February 2020.

Interview

1st round was online tests. Standard psychometric testing.
    2nd round was answering video interview questions (no human on the other end). Mixture of motivation and experience questions.
    3rd round was an assessment centre. Standard assessment centre process, however I felt really relaxed for most of the process because all the employees were super friendly and helpful. They helped us all to perform well and didn't try to catch us out at any point. The assessment centre consisted of a group business simulation task, an individual presentation, and an individual business case study.
    4th and final round was two one-to-one interviews with more senior employees. This wasn't technical at all and was simply a discussion of my interests and career plans, as well as an opportunity to ask all kinds of questions about the company and the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were presenting this topic to a colleague who held a contrasting opinion to you on the matter, would you present it differently?   Answer Question

Principal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Recruiter emailed to request a meeting (online scheduling, easy to set up). Unusual interview structure, the recruiter asked for my questions about the role prior to asking questions about my experience/background. Overall typical screening call.

Recruiter said the hiring manager really liked my background, but internal candidates had shown interest in the role and she needed to prioritize them. She requested I follow up in a week.

I followed up via email, no response. Received an automatic decline from the system a week after that. Overall very impersonal process with little regard for my time.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have about this role?
      Tell me the path you took to get to the role you have today.
      Salary requirements/location preferences/etc.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

Short lived, not much communication from the recruiter, long response times. I had a referral but the recruiter did not reach out for a while. I was excited about this job but let down by the process!

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

The process involved an online interview via zoom where I was presented SQL related questions and scenarios. The Interviewer was helpful and was completed in about thirty minutes. Afterwards I received news that I was accepted.

Designer Interview

Interview

One of the most cumbersome interview process I have ever been apart of. The lack of interaction and feedback during the interview was not professional. The first round of interview went well. During the second round of interviews, the panel was not engaged in conversation. However, they expected answers to questions that were never asked.

Interview Questions

• I wish they would have asked questions and been more engaging.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by Manager and Human resources to clear all the rounds of interviews. Also asked to take some behavioral questionnaire to see if you are good fit as team player.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Interview

multiple levels, sort of strenuous, they interview a lot of people for the entry level program which can be intimidating. Pretty straightforward to what you would expect, you're assigned a buddy who you can ask questions to, then first level interviews consist of pretty typical questions then case studies and an on campus day (pre COVID)

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

It was a quick case interview. The interviewer did not care to ask about me or even tell me about himself. It was very robotic and mathematical, and you can tell they did not really care.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

HR recruiter performed phone screening in order to set up phone interview. During the phone interview you are asked questions based on experience. The also let you know which locations are hiring. Then there was a physical interview with the Branch Manger of another branch. Once passed, there was a scheduled phone interview with Branch Manager of the desired location.

TDP Software Engineer Interview

Interview

No phone screen, and was invited for a virtual on-site with three interviewers, I think it was two technical interviews and one behavioral with HR afterwards. Take it easy and you’ll do well. Heard back within the week with an offer

Interview Questions

• Array manipulation, regular behavioral questions as well   Answer Question

Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Interview

Multiple rounds of interview. Each round focused on different aspects such as agile process, technical skills, process design etc. While I enjoyed most of the discussion, I was taken back by an interviewers attitude. This round was about designing a process for organizing a party. During the related discussion, he ridiculed vegetarian food saying cows and goats eat it

Interview Questions

• Agile process related questions
      Process design ( the scenario was organizing a party)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.