Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

4,487 Interview Reviews

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Management Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Blacksburg, VA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

For the First round interview, They came to my schools campus and conducted a 45 minute behavioral interview. They had 3 big questions, with smaller follow up questions to the answers that I provided.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you haven't touched on yet, that you would like to express to us   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interview

There are three rounds in total: (1) coding challenge: 2 sql and 2 python coding problem; (2) data challenge: you have one week to work on it; (3) onsite interview: 1 behavioral interview, 1 data challenge presentation and 2 case interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Capital One recruiter has a tendency to ghost on potential candidates if they are not interested.
    At first, the recruiter calls you and asks you to take a coding challenge.
    Two coding challenges are presented through HackerRank.

Also, the recruiter/HR is very helpful on how the interview will be if they are interested in you. They have a guideline on what to expect.
    Due to the Covid-19 Situation, the final interview is completed on a Zoom Video Conference application rather than onsite. Four interviews that consists of two technical tests, behavorial, and a case interview. All four interviews are 45 minutes long. Due to employees working from home, one interviewer made the interview a little bit difficult to concentrate, listening to a screaming kid from the background.

One technical interview has leet code questions and the other technical question is supposed to be a white board question. But due to the interview not being onsite, the interview was more about my resume/technical background.

Behavorial interviewer asks 3 questions. Interviewer expects about 12 - 15 minute length answers using the STAR format.

Most were easy to talk to except one who seemed agitated.
    Overall, they were nice, but deceptive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Initially there is a hacker rank coding quiz which consisted of two questions testing your problem solving abilities. However, after passing the quiz, I had an interview with a hiring manager that I can only describe as bizarre. The questions raised some red flags for me and even if I had received an offer, I would have declined it. I have serious concerns about Capital One management if this interview is indicative of the software engineering management team.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you read tech blogs on your free time?   1 Answer
    • Q: Do you look up answers on the internet to help solve problems?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

3 interviews behavioral technical and case. each of these interviews lasted 30 min and was given about a 10 min break in between. got a response very quickly about 2- 3 days later

Interview Questions

• Give us a project you have worked on why did you start the project and what were three issues you faced while you completed it ?   Answer Question

Contact Center Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Applied to capital one online and was required to take a series of assessments, passed that and then was offered a virtual interview. I completed the interview and didn't hear back until a recruiter reached out. Recruiter offered a phone interview but seems like it was an automated email because when I had the phone interview, she seemed unprofessional and disorganized. All those steps just to be said no job offer. After that experience, glad I'm not working for them!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to handle a difficult customer   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Easy do your research first. I wish it was longer. Building was very nice and fancy I loved the whole atmosphere. They have all the amenities you would want in a job.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Screening with HR, then marathon Case session in February

First was business analysis. Took place with someone who was not interactive at all. Did not help when asked, did almost nothing to move the case forward. This was followed by the Design Challenge, which was a little much if you ask me. None of Cap One's products really pop in a way to suggest they take Design all that seriously.

Interview Questions

• tell me about when you did something you were proud of, not proud of, something you did even though you didn't have to   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

For the 1st Round, there was an on college campus 1 hr case interview.
    For the 2nd Round, they flew us out to the McLean campus for 3 1 hr case interviews followed by a paid lunch.

Interview Questions

• Basic casing questions involving profitability and other business concepts   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The most disgusting interview in my life. Interviewers were arrogant and rude. Due to COVID-19, it was conducted virtually via Zoom. One of the interviewers turned off camera and left his desk multiple times while I was describing solution, so I was speaking with emptiness which put me to embarrassing situation. At the end, another one interviewer thought that he turned off his microphone and made nasty comment about me, so I could hear that. It's not an engineering environment, it's a ghetto.

Interview Questions

• Very primitive technical questions and a little weird behavioral. The whole interview process was a joke.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

They held a mixer and I got to meet a couple team leads. We then had a phone interview with questions about html , css and react and some basic algorithmic questions

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.