Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Creative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Nottingham, England) in December 2017.

Interview

It was brilliant. Two preliminary phone calls, an initial informal meeting then an intense half day interview with four stages: presentation about me, job fit interview, behavioural interview, creative task. At every stage the Capital One HR team were helpful and very accommodating (e.g. called me when I asked - even early in the morning, arranged for some interviews to take place outside of work hours). Overall a very positive experience, although it was tough but I would expect that for the position I was going for and it made me think how amazing the rest of the team who had also gone through the process must be - and now I'm here they are!

Interview Questions

• When did I face a challenge when working with a colleague and how did I overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What experience do I have in motivating teams and how did I do it?   Answer Question

Capital One Response

8 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - we're really pleased that you had a positive experience interviewing with us. Welcome to Capital One!

Soft Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Initial round was hackerrank link to complete writing API's to save weather readings. Next round was telephonic interview with two people from the team and the next and final round was onsite interview which had 4 rounds - case interview, techincal interview -1, technical interview -2and behavioral interview. The guy who came in techincal interview was more interested in my visa status rather than asking technical questions. They have pretty standard questions , this guy was asking the same questions in telephonic round and onsite round. Questions like is java bass by value or ref, before you could answer he movies onto the next question. And the final behavioral interview consisted of pretty standard questions like describe a time where you had a conflict, deliver which in short amount of time etc. They guy who took my behavioral interview asked a question about why aws/. I answered few points like high availability, flexibility and ease of deployment. He was like cool , but I'm looking for one particular word.

Interview Questions

• case interview: Why do you think preventing data breach is necessary? what are the cons of it?
      Given a unix command to encode a file, write a similar java pgm which encodes list of files using this command.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview -1 : It was more like an interview discussing my projects and academic projects in detail.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview -2: Is java pass by ref or value. Abstraction vs interface. StringBuilder vs String And the questions you see in top 2 search results in google when you type java interview questions   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is pretty unique. First, a HR representative reach out to me and we talked over the phone for 15 minutes. Then I was required to complete an online qualitative and quantitative tests. Following the on-line test, the hiring manager called me

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty similar to other reviews. You get a thirty minute technical interview with the hiring manager. If they like you, they will invite you to their main campus of your area and have a full day of interviews. I had three: one behavioral, and two job fit. The behavioral asked pretty standard questions. The job fit was pretty focused on JavaScript technologies and the process in which you solve problems. I personally felt like I fell flat on my face during my job fit exercises (except with the Angular questions).

Interview Questions

• Sort this array in a specific way.   Answer Question
    • Use a click event to a DOM element and change the text.   Answer Question
    • Describe how using agile over waterfall was beneficial in a project you worked on   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen > Phone Case > Power Day (2 cases, 1 product, with behavioral questions in each).
    Everything rides on passing the case interviews. Previous work experience and qualitative measures are not considered in this decision. Very simple mathematical errors will make your casers believe you didn’t pass primary school.

Interview Questions

• Case 1 - Launching an app (breakeven between free and paid versions)
      Case 2 - Launching 1% Cash Back (corresponding increase in avg balance to maintain profitability)
      Product - Part I, 10 ways you would improve a trash can, walk through them and pick your best three/why. Part II, you are the decision maker for launching Amazon’s drone delivery service. Walk through all aspects and considerations before your conclusion.   Answer Question

Interview

online assessment 75 mins: 2 sql + 2 programming
    data challenge: HMDA data challenge
    onsite: 2 case study interviews + 1 data challenge presentation
    In the beginning of each round, you will be asked an EQ question (behavioral)

Interview Questions

• Be well prepared for case studies. Many people failed because of terrible business sense. I believe you can find all questions on glassdoor. So make sure to spend time collecting all info here.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The entire process felt very well organized. It began with an on-site interview at college. After passing that, they drove us down to Richmond for a power day. There were 3 major parts; a case interview, a technical interview, and a Job fit.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Wasn't like any other i've seen on here. Thought it was just supposed to be a Phone screen with the Hiring Manager. But turned out to be two Senior devs.

They had pretty thick accents and their speaker phone kept have interference; making it hard to hear them.

Was quick introduction then into like 50 straight technical questions. No high level, conceptual ,leetcode programming problems or DS and Algorithms. Everything was extremely specific even about technologies/languages even some not on my resume.

Only feedback i got was ok, then next dev fired off another question.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

Straight forward questioning based off the STAR method. Each interviewer asked around 4 or 5 questions and I gave detailed responses to each. There wasn’t much back forth, it was all based off how I used a strategic approach and came to a specific outcome. Second to a large panel interview at a major tobacco company, this was one of the toughest interviews I’ve been on. My advice is review any and all material the recruiter sends over, work on specific examples for each question and expect the unexpected. While I did not receive an offer it was a tremendous learning experience and helps with very specific times when I had to use critical thinking solving complicated problems.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to conform to a company policy that you did not agree with ?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you overcome failure after planning a specific project that delivered less than desirable outcomes?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The usual interview process consists of 4 to 5 interviewers. Roughly half will be behavioral and the other will be technical.

In terms of what the interviews are like, the behavioral ones are just a a set of canned questions to determine that you are able to function as a human being.

The technical portion can vary significantly since it's just a random series of questions. If your interviewer is smart, your interview will be on the more difficult side. Mostly though, the interview process is fairly easy if you've done any work in the real world. The engineers that interviewed me were not very technical and knowledgeable. This resulted in a very easy interview.

If you want to work with the best and brightest, you will be disappointed. If I could lay off half the engineers there, I would.

This place advertises as a tech-oriented company but it's just fancy marketing to attract top talent. The turnover rate is extremely high here. Max career length for my team is 2 years with average being 6 to 9 months.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

This is my first onsite interview. I was asked to do 2 case interviews, 1 role play interview and 1 behavior interview. After lunch, I did not get an additional interview which means a rejection...

Interview Questions

• The role play interview is the flight delay problem again.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.