Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Dec 2017
3,242 Interview Reviews

3.1

Capital One Developer's Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

I completed a phone screen, which consisted mainly of basic questions about my resume and reasons why I was interested in tech.

A few weeks later I was invited to fly to the Richmond, VA offices for the super day, which includes a tour of the campus, followed by lunch and three rounds of interviews: behavioral, case, and job fit. All three of my interviewers were very nice, and the interviews felt more like a conversation than anything else.

I received an offer about a week after my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to learn something new to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Behavior question and three math questions. The math question is not tricky and not involved calculus or other college level math. Second round is the data challenge.

Interview Questions

• A gas station has 30 gallon of gasoline worth 1.20 per gallon and some worth 1.40 per gallon .how many gallons of the 1.40 brand must the owner mix in to produce gasoline that cost 1.28 per gallon   2 Answers

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Online application - 30 Mins
    Online assessment - 75 Mins
    HR Screen Interview - 20 Mins

Overall normal application process but felt weird that the interviewer did not know what position I was interviewing for and had to ask me. Additionally, she did the bait and switch from the posted position in NYC to one in Virginia. Interviewer did not have a 'strong understand of the position'.......strange.

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Application, one-way video interview, in-person interview with two different sets of interviewers. Interview questions were very situational along with asking about what you've done in previous situations at other jobs you have had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received excellent customer service and what about it was so great?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a position in Seattle, got a response from a recruiter that a hiring manager will be calling for a 30 mins technical interview related to my professional experience. I followed the DevExchange engineering blog by CapitalOne developers and was excited to talk about some of the challenging problems I had solved related to their domain. I looked up hiring manager's profile and he seems to be around technology for a long time and he also worked as a tech lead at a software giant before joining Capital one, naturally I had high expectations on the depth of problem we were going to solve. So, here's how the call went:

"Hello, I have X number of questions that I'm just going to read" and he just did that, no introductions, nothing about the opportunity or team. All very basic class vs interface type questions, JavaScript, AWS and SQL questions. I think I answered about 90% of them and try to explain why I don't remember some of the answers on top of my head. I guess he was expecting 100% exact answers that he was looking for.

I was hoping he would at least be professional and leave some time for answering any questions that I had about product, company, technology, etc.. but nope just said Good Bye and hung up. Not sure how he went on to become a manager, may be I'm missing something here but I'm glad I wasn't selected to next rounds to waste each other's time.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

First, they have sent a take-home challenge, after couple weeks they brought me for an on-site interview. I had three one-on-one session with various data scientists and a lunch. The got back to me fast after the on-site interview, however their offer was not competitive.

Interview Questions

• The asked about basic Machine Learning and statistics questions. They care quite a lot about business sense and presentation skill. The complexity of the interview depends on the team, but the questions are not hard in general.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview process was rather simple. I applied for multiple jobs 3 or so months ago. I got an email for an online assessment which has typical assessment questions. Then about a month later I got a call from a recruiter for a phone interview and scheduled an in person interview for the next day. They asked me four questions and that was pretty much it. Got a call form the recruiter a few days later stating that they would like to hire me. They offered me more than I was expecting to get so it worked out

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you needed to explain a complicated work process to a fellow employee.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to handle multiple tasks in a short amount of time.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you encountered a work problem and didn't know how to fix it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you didn't agree with your direct boss.   Answer Question

Product Management & Analytics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The initial interview was at my university's career center and was a case interview. For final round interviews, I flew to their Washington DC office and participated in an Interview Day consisting of two more case interviews and a "product" interview.

Interview Questions

• This was my first case interview ever, but since having participated in more, I did not consider it to be too difficult. My interviewer asked leading questions to keep me on track and helped out if I made a calculation error I didn't catch at first.   Answer Question

Human Resources Rotation Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

I had a first round interview conducted on campus for the Human Resources Rotation Program. I applied through my campus' job portal. They asked 3 behavioral questions that were related to working with mentors and speaking up for yourself in work related settings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to sell an idea to someone- whether it was yours or someone else's.   Answer Question

Technology Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Pittsburgh, PA (US)).

Interview

Did not get great impressions from all three interviewers. I barely understood the third interviewer during the case study as he had a thick accent. Behavioral interview was just him asking me three questions and typing on his computer. It wasn't natural at all and I didn't connect well with any of them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to explain a concept that is unknown to someone.   Answer Question
    • Coding questions about Arrays, Linked Lists   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.