Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Feb 2018
3,333 Interview Reviews

3.1

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

applied through a university website. When I came into the waiting room, an employee told us we would be doing a case study. However, the interviewer did not do a case study. Instead, he asked simple questions about data analytics

Interview Questions

• What is the process you would take when given a task to analyze data?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The first interview was online. I had to go through a few scenarios and respond with what would be most appropriate to do during that situation and what would be least appropriate. Next, there was questionnaire asking around 50 questions where I could either agree or disagree with the statements. The second interview was an online recorded interview. There were around 7-12 questions. You get 2 mins to prepare your answer and then 3 mins to record it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult that you overcame. How did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Very quick and easy process, some of the questions were odd but overall very easy. The hiring manager was very personable and easy to talk to. Only thing is that the hourly wage is way too low to be competitive with other banks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Did the application in December
    Got a call a few weeks later for a phone interview and invited me in for f2f interview which I had a week later on a Tuesday
    On the next following Friday I received a job offer
    Went in for fingerprint and three days afterwards I got a call and email that everything cleared and to confirm my start date. I'm so excited.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle upset customers?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

It was 3 stages, case study, behavioral, and technical aspect. None of it was difficult, however make sure your behavioral is good. The case study involved some made up scenario; they just want to see your thought process.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

It took two weeks after applying and doing the interview online to have a face to face interview. When i got there the mamager greeted me. After introducing his self etc. He asked me questioms as I was answering them he was typing the answer . They were senerial questions . After having a face to face interview I will have to wait another 2 weeks to get an answer. I'm looking forward to work at capital one. I wasn't expecting for this to take so long. They still have to interview other people.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the teller job ?
      Tell me a boy your self?   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Recruiter set up a time with the manager. We talked about my current responsibilities, what tools I used and how I leveraged analytics. It was an overall nice conversation and I felt like the role was an exact fit for my skillet. Not sure why I was turned down for a follow up.

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

This was the most bizarre and drawn out process I have experienced. Several phone interviews. Little to no communication on when next interview was coming. Finally went into a “power day”, which is a panel interview set-up. Direct Manager seemed nice. Her boss (Director) was arrogant, and asked me the same question repeatedly. It was clear they were trying to get down to a specific answer, but my philosophy was different from theirs. She said, “well let’s move on from that question so that you don’t start making up an answer”. As an established professional, it turned me off, and I felt it was highly insulting. In the end, they wanted me to come back for another interview, I declined.

Also, money out of pocket spent on parking, food, etc while overnight for the interview took over a month to be reimbursed.

Interview Questions

• We give you a book of 100 accounts, how do you organize?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about the YOU not in this resume?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Face to face is okay it's STAR type interview. The one way video id a little ridiculous and uncomfortable . I would have rather video chatted with someone than talk to myself

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

I applied Capital One on career fair and received a coding challenge email several weeks later. It's about New York City Taxi. Then I went to their office at Plano. People were very nice there. Unfortunately, no offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.