Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Creative Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Nottingham, England) in December 2017.

Interview

It was brilliant. Two preliminary phone calls, an initial informal meeting then an intense half day interview with four stages: presentation about me, job fit interview, behavioural interview, creative task. At every stage the Capital One HR team were helpful and very accommodating (e.g. called me when I asked - even early in the morning, arranged for some interviews to take place outside of work hours). Overall a very positive experience, although it was tough but I would expect that for the position I was going for and it made me think how amazing the rest of the team who had also gone through the process must be - and now I'm here they are!

Interview Questions

• When did I face a challenge when working with a colleague and how did I overcome it?   1 Answer
    • What experience do I have in motivating teams and how did I do it?   2 Answers

Capital One Response

8 Jun 2018 – Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - we're really pleased that you had a positive experience interviewing with us. Welcome to Capital One!

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

It started with a coding test online, followed up by a phone interview with the hiring manager. During the 30-min phone interview, the manager described the role and responsibility. Then the manager asked questions of specific skill sets and relevant experiences, basically screening the wanted skills out of your resume.

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Very straightforward and to the point. 3 rounds. First round was a campus interview and it was purly behavioral. The second round was a phone interview screen which was weird bc id already done an interview. 3rd was a superday in HQ. 4 rounds with different parts of business. One case and then just casual

Customer Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Saint Cloud, MN (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Began with a phone interview, after that was brought in for an in person interview. After 3 days I received an offer. Their was a background check and I started approx. 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you provided excellent customer service   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)).

Interview

The Interview consisted of multiple rounds.
    1. HR Screening - CLeared the HR Screening
    2. Technical Discussion - Consisted of a real-life case example to build a classification model. No coding. Explain the various steps involved in the model building process. Cleared the interview.
    3. Data Science Challenge - Asked to build a mock predictive model on a sample dataset. Given a week of time to complete the challenge. Did not clear the round. No feedback given.
    4. Onsite - No experience.

Overall good experience. But no clarity regarding the selection criteria.

Interview Questions

• -Resume related questions
      - Process of building a predictive model   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Case Interviews are not very hard, they focus a lot on calculations. Data Challenge interview focuses on details, need to know all of your data. All interviews start with one behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you help someone. (Behavioral Question)   Answer Question

Cafe Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

General description of the jobs day to day functions. Two separate one on one interviews consisting of about 40 minutes each, one with a location manager followed by a regional manager. Tour of the cafe.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had difficulty assisting someone with a new technology product, and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Two interviews, first is case question asking about economics of business. No behavioral questions at all, strictly a case interview. No resume questions really either, not very flexible at all. Dont know about next stage.

Interview Questions

• Estimate economics of given business?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The most unnecessary interview process I've ever been through. And I've been through a lot. HR seems to be spread out throughout different business lines so it isn't unheard of to hear something substantial back weeks later, and the process can drag on for months.

The interview process is not easy. HR screening call, a quantitative and verbal screening test (kinda like SAT questions), and then a scheduled Super Day. I had 4 interviews on my Super Day - 2 behavioral, and 2 case interviews. The case interviews are not insane by any means, but they are hard, and the stress of a manager staring you down as you try to do profitability questions should not be underestimated.

Capital One is a decent company, but overall, wasted a lot of time and energy on jumping through hoops to get through the door. They don't seem to care too much about candidates - new hires are a revolving door in that company, and the interview process is undue effort to try and peg candidates into certain jobs. Not everyone interviews the same and more introverted people may not be successful in the process, even though they'd kill it at the role.

Interview Questions

• Very quantitative-based case questions. Profitability and weighted average   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

After the on-campus screening, several were picked up for SuperDay. There were 3 rounds, plus 1 optional, back to back interviews. Two of them were case interviews, the other one was product interview.

Interview Questions

• Though they also needed you to provide some insights for the case, they focused a lot on the calculation parts.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Process/Steps
    ->Contacted a director on Linkedin who posted "looking for Senior Software engineering manager positions".
    ->Was connected to a recruiter had, first interview with recruiter, current job, salary etc etc
    ->Second technical interview was setup with a engg, who asked a bunch of Android questions and I answered all of them
    ->Third technical interview was setup with a engg, and things were bizarre
     ->> Interveiewer did not have copy of my resume
     ->> Was give a java problem on coderpad, resolved it in 15 mins , since I am pretty active on LeetCode, but the interviewer was not happy that I solved, not sure why
     ->>Since I was sharing my screen looked like he was not at all in a good mood,
     ->> He asked me a few questions about my resume and constantly interrupted me for pretty much every question, behavioral or technical. Worst interviewer ever. He favorite thing to was " Since we are short on time" , it was ridiculous

Good:
    The manager that I connected on linkedin was very gracious and professional I would have loved to work with him.

Odd/Weird/Things to improve
    I was asked by the recruiter to apply for a position that was very junior, when I asked her about it she said, that this was just paper work and they are considering me for a senior role. It was not very clear what role I was being considered for.
    The last interviewer , did not have a copy of my resume, was not prepared in any way shape and kept on interrupting me, for pretty much every question, was irritating, to say the least.

Interview Questions

• A whole bunch on Android questions, and Say you have an array for which the ith element is the price of a given stock on day i.

If you were only permitted to complete at most one transaction (i.e., buy one and sell one share of the stock), design an algorithm to find the maximum profit.

Note that you cannot sell a stock before you buy one.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.