Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Capital One

4,543 Interview Reviews

3.1

Finance Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I initially applied for their finance summit where I submitted an application on the company website. I then had a phone interview for the first round and a business case interview for the next. After the case interview, I had a super day interview where I had to go through 3 rounds. The first was a fit test, the next was another case (technical) question, and finally the last was a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a hard time you had when working on a time   Answer Question

Senior Learning Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in May 2020.

Interview

Very organized. Be sure to review their website and read their suggestions. Process includes a phone screen, a 1 x 1 interview, and then a panel interview. That is all that I can recall on this very fine interviewing process.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Process:
    1) resume screening
    2) coding exam - fairly easy
    3) technical interview - asked about past work as it relates to the job description
    4) data challenge - 10 days to complete, fair assessment of skills
    5) panel interview

Everyone along the process was very professional and kind. The turn around from the time you finish a step in the process and finding out if you move onto the next round is reasonably paced (typically a week or less). The panel interview takes the longest to schedule. Overall process roughly 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview questions are based around your prior work as it relates to the job description.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Capital One recruiter has a tendency to ghost on potential candidates if they are not interested.
    At first, the recruiter calls you and asks you to take a coding challenge.
    Two coding challenges are presented through HackerRank.

Also, the recruiter/HR is very helpful on how the interview will be if they are interested in you. They have a guideline on what to expect.
    Due to the Covid-19 Situation, the final interview is completed on a Zoom Video Conference application rather than onsite. Four interviews that consists of two technical tests, behavorial, and a case interview. All four interviews are 45 minutes long. Due to employees working from home, one interviewer made the interview a little bit difficult to concentrate, listening to a screaming kid from the background.

One technical interview has leet code questions and the other technical question is supposed to be a white board question. But due to the interview not being onsite, the interview was more about my resume/technical background.

Behavorial interviewer asks 3 questions. Interviewer expects about 12 - 15 minute length answers using the STAR format.

Most were easy to talk to except one who seemed agitated.
    Overall, they were nice, but deceptive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Initially there is a hacker rank coding quiz which consisted of two questions testing your problem solving abilities. However, after passing the quiz, I had an interview with a hiring manager that I can only describe as bizarre. The questions raised some red flags for me and even if I had received an offer, I would have declined it. I have serious concerns about Capital One management if this interview is indicative of the software engineering management team.

Interview Questions

• Q: Do you read tech blogs on your free time?   1 Answer
    • Q: Do you look up answers on the internet to help solve problems?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

basic questions phone interview and then in person - the most important thing is to connect with your branch manager. Mine was amazing - shout out to Shaban! Be sharp and prepared for the general questions, training is well structured

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

First hackerrank assessment about SQL and one select language, I used Python. Then data challenge to analyse data to solve a problem. At last, the final round is conducted online which consists of two round of case interview, one round of data challenge presentation and one round of EQ (behavioral).

Interview Questions

• A time that help someone on the team.   2 Answers

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delaware, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Delaware, OH (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

The first step was an hour long online Glider test, around 26 questions mostly around AWS and DevOps. I was expecting more of Data Engineer questions than DevOps questions. But anyhow I cleared that test.

The next round was with the Capital One Hiring manager, a Zoom Video Interview. This is when things started going south. One of the most awful interviewers I ever met. His approach was to prove that I'm a counterfeit candidate. I was not happy with that demeanor. There are ample of ways to evaluate the caliber of the interviewee. He should have at least remembered that I passed their first round Online test with a live streaming video.

Then he started asking questions that sounded more like a lie detector test. Being Engineers we run tons of code and no one memorizes all the command line switches and parameters. We would just look it up as needed. He wants me to orate out all the parameters verbally. At this point I called it out, that is not the way an engineer codes in the real world.

Interview Questions

• 26 DevOps Online Questions test for a Data Engineer Role.
      Zoom Interview asking command line switch parameters for Spark, Docker, Airflow   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Interview

There are three rounds in total: (1) coding challenge: 2 sql and 2 python coding problem; (2) data challenge: you have one week to work on it; (3) onsite interview: 1 behavioral interview, 1 data challenge presentation and 2 case interviews.

Technology Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I submitted my resume and the HR person reached out to me to give her times. It was just a superday where I had three interviews in one day - behavioral, case study and technical. They lay out what they are looking for so you can prepare. My behavioral and tech interviews were pretty good but I got this southern lady for my case study that didn't seem to like me or maybe I wasn't answering the questions in the way she wanted so I knew that would count against me.

Interview Questions

• It was Leetcode #328 Odd Even Linked List and #814 Binary Tree Pruning
      For the case study it was about how Capital One acquired ING and the pros and cons of that and also dealing with technical differences.   Answer Question