Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Capital One

4,061 Interview Reviews

3.1

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

first round consisted of 2 half hour back-to-back case interviews. they were very quick to respond with interview results. they emailed us on the same evening to let us know whether we made it to the second round or not. overall smooth recruitment process. current associates were great, very sociable

Interview Questions

• First round cases were very quantitative. Both included a breakeven analysis.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Resume drop and on campus interview, then second round with multiple cases on site, including behavioral interview, was notified over the phone that I was accepted and I took the offer. The interviews were overall interesting and the people were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• There was a standard case interview on evaluating sales performances of retail branches   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, pre-screen with HR, then a reading comp and math test, I passed, then a meeting with the hiring manager. The Hiring manager was in her car so I couldn't hear her. She had only been in banking for a year, so it was odd that she was a brand manager. The job title was misleading. The job was actually developing campaigns for new customers to Capital One 360. I asked the hiring manager if people who were signing up for Capital One 360 already had an existing relationship with the bank. She said " I have absolutely no idea what that means, relationship with the bank?" Then she started laughing at me.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First round interviews were conducted on-campus. Those consisted of two case interviews, no behavioral questions whatsoever. They were qualitative and quantitative cases but not astoundingly difficult. I was flown on-site (DC) for a final round interview about 2 weeks later. This interview consisted of 3 case interviews and 1 behavioral interview. The cases were quantitative but, again, not extremely difficult. One required analyzing graphs for 30 min and presenting findings/answering questions in case format. The behavioral was standard.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to share 2 experiences where I've failed at something   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Recruiters were very clear about the process, and worked with me every step of the way. I was interviewed by 4-6 people, and it broke things up nicely. Everyone very much put me at ease. Recommendation: Just prove that you know your stuff, and try to make sure that your past experience aligns with the job description.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in January 2019.

Interview

I applied to capital one through my college. They were fast and responsive had an interview a week later and heard back in two days. The interviewers were friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to explain a technical term to a friend?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

submitted resume
    get contacted ~10 days after for an onsite interview
    given 5 options where and when to interview
    studied full 3 weeks
    interview day: tour, lunch, then the 3 interviews (behavioral, case, technical) in random order
    recruiter calls me 2 days after then received written offer later the day
    compenstation depends on your location preference
    BTW, my recruiter is by far the friendliest recruiter I've ever had; very prompt to emails; did her best to accomodate my needs

Interview Questions

• behavioral - you have to answer in STAR format; be as specific and detailed as possible; interviewer will take notes
      case - the most challenging just because it's kind of unique type of interview; involves business and math
      technical - not hard at all compared to questions asked by big N companies; know your DS   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Wasn't like any other i've seen on here. Thought it was just supposed to be a Phone screen with the Hiring Manager. But turned out to be two Senior devs.

They had pretty thick accents and their speaker phone kept have interference; making it hard to hear them.

Was quick introduction then into like 50 straight technical questions. No high level, conceptual ,leetcode programming problems or DS and Algorithms. Everything was extremely specific even about technologies/languages even some not on my resume.

Only feedback i got was ok, then next dev fired off another question.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview of 30 minutes. They asked according to the team requirement skills. The interviewer was very nice and if we have any doubt could ask and they would clarify.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Was brought in for a tour and lunch, then interviewed through the standard behavioral and job fit process. The guides were very enthusiastic about selling the company, and I entered the interview much more excited about the potential for a role here. The interviews were very professional and did a great job putting me at ease and walking me through the process, answering all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your volunteer experience (as it relates to the corporate values and culture).   Answer Question