Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Capital One

4,061 Interview Reviews

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview of 30 minutes. They asked according to the team requirement skills. The interviewer was very nice and if we have any doubt could ask and they would clarify.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Interview process can be lengthy. Interviews are held with multiple parties on the same day in a one-on-one and panel format so coordinating schedules can be a challenge. Be prepared for lengthy situational questions. Tell me about a time...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All negotiations were with HR and occurred after the interview process.

Associate Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Went through my school to find and apply for the job. First had an on-campus interview (since they were specifically looking for fresh out-of-college grads), which was just a casual conversation talking about my portfolio. Had a great time.

Then went through the next round, which Capital One flew me over to DC to interview at HQ. Met with some of the other designers, who were all very nice, but were low key saying some negative things about the company. Definitely affected my perspective on the company in a negative way.

Designers have a design challenge, which you're only given 45 minutes to work on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone else with a different background to reach a goal?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to sell something to someone   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Professional and streamlined. Had a good call with the recruiter, she had me fly into DC for another round of interviews and a design challenge. Everyone was pretty friendly, my only criticism was the design challenge was a little unstructured. All the other people applying for the position were there which was a little strange.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on that went really well and why.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online around the time of my college business fair. I was chosen as an alternate for an interview the following week. The first interview was on campus and it was a behavioral interview. I would suggest knowing S.T.A.R. for every question. My interviewer was very conversational and made me feel very comfortable. After the weekend, I received an email for 2nd round interviews in Richmond. This consisted of 3 interviews; case study, behavioral, and job fit. All three were very conversational, just make sure you know what Capital One is and how it best fits you. I received an offer the following Monday and accepted a couple weeks later. I had the choice of relocating to Richmond or to be in the McLean office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What's something on your resume that you really want to emphasize?
      Name a time you came up with something innovative and put it into action.
      Name a time you had difficulty with a project and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Very friendly. I went to the superday interview and each interviewer asked me around 3 easy behavioral questions. The rest of the interview was just having a conversation. It was very conversational. and they kept telling me that they didn't want it to be a stressful interview. They're basically trying to get to know your personality and if you would fit in with the company.

It was 2 company fit interviews and 1 behavioral interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

Case, Behavior, Job Fit. With different people part of different parts of Audit. Lunch meeting with current associates also. Very nice area to interview and do not have to move room to room for each meeting.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Baltimore, MD (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

The process is that of a typical behavioral interview...ex. Tell me a time when.... The best way to prepare is to prearrange senarios that highlight your skills that you would bring to the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to lead a project and delivery expected results within a short time frame?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Vienna, VA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Java test -
    -----------------------------------------------------
    It was timed programming test.

Job Fit telephonic interview
    -----------------------------------------------
    Telephonic screening had most of the question from your resume.
    Was asked on Design patterns
    One-to-one and one-to-many relationship
    Web security- how its addressed etc
    Any Exp. in content management

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One in August 2015.

Interview

I was applied online within couple of weeks i got a call about the interview .It was through skype, it was fairly good. The interview was about 60 mins. He's quite friendly, its mainly on my resume.