Capital One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Capital One

4,540 Interview Reviews

3.1

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

5 hour onsite interview. two behavioural interview and 3 job fit interview. 5 people interviewed back to back with break. Lunch provided. Coorindator was super nice and checking frequently. Mostly on process. Banking culture etc.

Interview Questions

• Team engagment, work ethic, behavioural questions   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tysons, VA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Interview started with a management and technical phone screen. Once past that, I was invited on-site for a day of hour-long interviews. Two job fit, one technical, two behavioral. The process was lengthy, but not onerous. CapitalOne went out of their way to prepare me for the interviews, providing documents describing what to expect. The entire process turned out to be as pleasant as a job interview can possibly be, I believe.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time you worked with someone who was difficult."   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (McLean, VA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Very lengthy process. 7 in total. 1. Phone Screen (case+behavioral) 2. Power Day on site (two case + behavior, one product interview) 3. Interview with VP (case + behavior) 4. Interview / Chat with hiring manager.

Overall it's not too hard just a lot of people you gotta talk to.. The one with VP definitely felt harder. In the end when chatting with Hiring Manager it's a bit unexpected cause I thought we'd just be chatting, but they actually asked me how I usually handle / query database, what current software I use and how do I solve problems. So it doesn't quite make sense to me, if technical capability is important too then why leave that to the last. If they want to know if someone can build stats model / query data, wouldn't it be better to start with that instead of business cases?

Call Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Due to the corona virus they accommodated virtual interviewing which was very helpful as well as offering virtual training for 6 weeks. The interviewer was helpful and responsive and extremely efficient.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process took about a month and consisted of 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was a brief case interview on campus. Quant heavy. The second round was a virtual interview for me due to Covid-19. It consisted of 3, hour long interviews. 2 case, 1 product. The interviewers were all very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• First round: 1 case, Power day: 2 cases, 1 product interview, 3 common behavioral questions on power day   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capital One in March 2020.

Interview

1. I applied for the position.
    2. Technical Interview: Data science case study.
    3. Data Science Challenge.
    4. Full Day Interview (Video due to Covid).
    4a. 2 case studies, 1 technical and 1 roleplay where you are given a presentation and explain to a manager.

Interview Questions

• 1. Data Science case study on the second part was more directed towards how I approach ML problems.   1 Answer
    • DS challenge, is more like an unsolvable problem   1 Answer

Customer Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

sent the application, received a link to do a behavioral/ comprehension assessment, followed by an on-demand video interview, now onto a telephone interview, 1:1. Have confidence and only apply for positions in which you know you will succeed!

Interview Questions

• name a time where you handled a conflict for an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • describe your current role and how it relates to the position you are seeking?   1 Answer

Data Science Interview

Interview

Online data challenge problems about taxi problem. Then go to onsite interview directly. Onsite interview has 3 rounds. First round is about your experience and behavior questions. Second round is about some basic probability and statistical questions. Third round is case interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with unbalanced classification problem?   2 Answers

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

overall negative experience. 45 mins case interview, interviewer walked me in without any small talk and did not even let me introduce myself. 'for the interests of time, we will jump into the case now' which is fine for me. Then he is barely engaged and on his phone multiple times while I was doing the calculation on the paper and looked up to seek interaction. He gave very perfunctory responses whenever I finished my answers. I finished the case 10 mins in advance and was supposed to have extra time to ask him questions, but instead, he stood up very suddenly and busy to take my draft paper away. He said that I can ask questions to the recruiter who is sitting next door while at the same time walking me out directly without letting me stop by the recruiter's room. Overall, the interviewer acted as impatient and unengaged.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Phone call, video call with case interview, on site interview with case interviews. The on-site interview/superday consisted of a 3-4 case interviews with various members of management/senior analysts. Overall, not too bad or strenuous.

Interview Questions

• Basic case interview questions, e.g. you are presented with a profitability/marketing case and asked what to do and explore all options.   2 Answers