Capital One Interview Questions in Mc Lean, VA | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Interview Questions in Mc Lean, VA

Interviews at Capital One

3.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Mc Lean, VA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Interview was not difficult. CA Beleives in STAR method, mean situation, task, action, result. so Be ready for such a strong situation. because they are gonna type everything and second team will evalute it.

Interview Questions

• Diificult Task you handled in last job   1 Answer

Principal Associate, Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Mc Lean, VA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

- Job fit phone interview

- Online test English and statistcs/algebra math (SaT style) timed test.

- In person interview with 5 associates. (Case study, behavioral, and job fit) interview time 4.5 hrs.

Case study was mainly understanding how to calculate fees, profits, losses, and determining better options in terms of vendors.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where team members didn’t get along   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to resolve an impediment   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Mc Lean, VA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Cap one has a pretty long interview process but they want to make sure that they choose right candidate. It started with 30 minutes with recruiter. She was very courteous and helpful. Next appeared for 2 hours of online test which comprised of 1. Verbal Reasoning 2. Numerical reasoning 3. behavioural tests. After I cleared online test it was a telephonic job fit interview. It was a standard scrum master interview with mostly behavioural questions. The hiring manager called me for power day at their mc lean office. There were 4 back to back 45 minutes interview. 2 behavioural round, 1 job fit with a peer and 1 case interview. The hardest was case interview since I was not prepared for such interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioural interview like tell me about a time....The case interview was a case study around credit card industry call volume reduction...   Answer Question

Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Mc Lean, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in the capital one careers website.It took 2+ months for the interview process. Phone call with recruiter, online assessment, phone call with hiring manger and onsite interview. The recruiter is horrible. She did not even responded back after the onsite interview. It doesn't matter whether we are selected or not but it is courtesy to at least send an email to the candidate after the interview. I took one day off for their onsite interview and stayed there for 4 hours. After that haven't received any email or phone call from the recruiter about the feed back.Capital one is a big financial company, however they doesn't even have minimum courtesy. The recruiters should improve a lot by replying promptly and also they should give respect for the time we have spent for their power day(it is a big joke :-))

Risk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Mc Lean, VA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, Online assessment, Personal Interview

Interview Questions

• So far no unexpected questions. Describe the risk management approach from your current job   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.