Capital One Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

3.3

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

A friend of mine referred my resume and within 2 days I got a call from recruiter, it's a phone screening asking about my willingness to relocate, some info about the position, and scheduled a on-site interview for me. On the interview day, there were 8 of us interviewing and none of us made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• How's the contact lens market in the US. (Then the interviewers provided some details to calculate revenue, profit, and asked some percentage changes of the answers I got)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quick as it was an internal job posting that I applied to. I got a call from the recruiter and then the hiring manager invited me for an in-person round on the phone. I then had a case interview.

Interview Questions

• Case interview: Credit card case on operations   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

First the standard telephone screen. Then you must take 2 or 3 online assessment tests. If you pass those, then you are brought in for a 4 hour in person interview. This is made up of three parts: 1. Behavioral, 2 - Use Case, 3 - Job Fit.

Interview Questions

• A typical behavioral interview will be done in two parts, each part will have three questions (six questions total). This part of the interview is focused on the candidate telling how they did something (not what they would do, but what they actually did). Some example questions: 1- Tell me when you had to learn something new at work. 2 - Tell me when you had to convince others to go along with your ideas instead of their own.. etc.. Give as much detail as possible - they want to see people that think independently and not wait around for someone to tell them what to do etc)..   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through Linked In and once my resume was approved I was asked to schedule for an onsite interview. They gave me enough time to schedule. Usually they give you a time frame of two weeks but due to some cancellation at their end my interview took place almost 4 weeks after I was first contacted. I had 2 Case interviews and 1 Behavioral interview before lunch and I was called to take another Case interview after lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on something new.
      Tell me about a time when you had to work on a team project.
      Tell me about a time when you had to meet deadlines in spite of some obstacles.

The case interviews were long but tested your basics. The interviewers guide you throughout the process.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Reached by a Recruiter for a power day. Three cases and two behavioral interview. Met two senior managers and one vp before lunch, after lunch were called back to met a director. Case study exams business logic with basic calculation. Overall company atmosphere is great. All managers were nice and helpful. Still waiting for decision.

Interview Questions

• Two cases about maximize revenue for credit cards.   2 Answers

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capital One (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

1 behavioral + 2 case interviews. One of the cases is heavy on quant and calculations are recalled for future questions within the case. The cases are not necessarily based on banking industry problems. They are used to assess the candidate's problem solving approach. Not much time given for questions to be posed by the candidate after the case is completed. So do ask your best questions.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Long. Multiple steps. In addition to the usual phone screens, required to take several IQ type tests. Along the way, COF would not be in contact with you unless you passed the previous step. Once clear of the initial screens and tests, transitioned into typical interview process with one-on-one sessions and panel discussions.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Great Experience, very helpful and knowledgeable interviewers “Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue.
    Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.” “Tell me about a time when you had to anticipate a problem and resolve it before it became an issue.
    Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team to deal with.”

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

1. Initial Phone interview,
    2. Power day on site (2 business case interviews, 1 behavioral Interview) (8 am to 3 pm)
    3. Phone interview with managing director of department I was applying for (2 Hours)
    4. Power day on site (1 business case interview, 3 behavioral interviews) (8 am to 3 pm)
    5. Job offer.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard behavioral interviews, they want to figure out why you do things. They drill down.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA (US)).

Interview

Two cases and one behavioral. The emphasis was on passing the case- they have very specific criteria and aren't flexible about creative approaches. Even if you kill the behavioral, you can't get an offer without passing both cases. My case interviewer kept on looking at the window it was definitely not a case interviewer who redirected me if I headed in the wrong direction.

Interview Questions

• A finance case and a shipping case   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.