Capital One Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Senior Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

2.7

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capital One (Chesapeake, VA (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online on a Wednesday, received a call from a recruiter on Thursday. He scheduled a phone interview for the next day, then scheduled in person interview for the following Tuesday. I received a call on Friday with a job offer. Filled out the paperwork for background/credit check on Monday, and received an email from the onboarding team on Tuesday saying I was hired and there was more paperwork for me to fill out before coming to work on my first day.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer calling in because he is unable to log into his account online and make his payment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Although I have over 11 yrs of customer service experience in a call center setting, they were firm on the offer and would not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Fill out app /assessment online, if chosen recruiter will call you, pick interview day and time. Interview was one on one and asked 4 questions- use STAR method to answer

Interview Questions

• Name Ways you multi task, name a time you had a problem with a customer, name a time you had to deliver bad news to customer/ coworker, name a difficult situation a customer gave you   1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Chesapeake, VA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Received a invitation to complete a one way video interview where they ask a few questions. Give you time to prepare your response and then record your answer. The recruiter liked what he heard and invited me for a face to face interview on site. There were two parts to the interview. One part was in the STAR format and the other was a job fit interview. My interviewers made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Took a while to get a response due to the holiday season.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One in October 2013.

Interview

Very quick and easy, I went in for an interview during an open Job Fair. A alot of people showed up and they got you in and out within 10 minutes! VERY ORGANIZED!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online and took the assessment which was straightforward but not too easy. Application status changed to "scheduling phone interview" a couple of days later, I then missed a call a couple of days after that from their recruiter, I called back the next day and had a very brief phone interview about my availability and more detailed description of job, we then set an in person interview for that week. The interview lasted about an hour and I spoke with two different hiring managers about the position. It was simple behavior questions and they wanted details about my skills that for the position. They were both really nice and easy to talk to! My application status was "scheduled for In person interview" the whole time until they called me a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to tell a customer something difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate, I was fine with 14/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on 6/1 had a phone interview on 6/2 and scheduled an in person interview for 6/3. Interview was fantastic. Prepare for basic behavioral questions and a short face-to-face role play that made me nervous but it was really easy. They kept reiterating that the pay starts at 11.93. Am hoping to be offered more based on experience, but even though I got my offer today 6/6, I still don't know what my pay will be. And they make you choose your post training schedule when they offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a demanding customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you received negative customer feedback and how you grew from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't know how much I'm getting paid. They told me over and over that this is entry-level and that it starts at 11.93. I get my offer email Monday so we'll see.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview with a recruiter, and I got the phone call almost a month after I applied. There there was a face to face behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a great success?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I did a video intreview then a in house interview where I was asked some role play questions.When I came in for the interview the manager was late so I sat there and waited 30 mins beforee I could be interviewed.I was asked about 5 questions then I was asked to do a role play right then and there with her then 3 days later I was selected for the job.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One in November 2014.

Interview

The first interview is done through video. Very straight forward questions. Second interview was a behavioral interview. The key to answering these are to research questions if you don't have much experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me step by step how you helped an unhappy customer ?   1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capital One (Glen Allen, VA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Throughout the entire interview, I felt as if they already knew who they were going to hire. The interviewer was not very attentive. The interview itself was fairly easy, just beware that there are a lot of people interviewing for the same position, so be prepared to deliver.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a difficult customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.