Capital One Senior Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capital One Senior Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Capital One

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

2 behavior questions and 2 case questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capital One

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Interview

Standard 2 behavioral and 2 case studies. One of the behavioral interviews consisted of a conversation (be sure to make it a conversation and ask questions) about what type of job/work you would enjoy best.

Interview Questions

• Many suggest the book "Case in Point", and those cases are certainly good. This is a heavily numbers-focused study, so be sure to brush up on financial accounting.   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

A very straight forward and well organized process.

1. Screening Round..
    2. Online Test - Prepare well.
    3. Behavioral Interview - 2 rounds - Prepare responses in STAR format.
    4. Two case studies.

Interview Questions

• Go through the interviews here on Glassdoor. Every single case study and behavioral interview question is already available here.   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)).

Interview

Applied online then asked to have a phone interview (20mins), asking about current job and career goals, then asked to take an online test: Personality, Verbal and Math. Definitely not difficult, but requires fast thinking and calculation. After passing the online assessment, you will be asked to a on-site interview and that is where the real game begins...

Interview Questions

• Nothing is unexpected, but you need be well prepared in order to show what you got in the way they are expecting.   2 Answers

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

There is a first round of assessment or verbal and quantitative skills and the second round will be two behavioral and two rounds of cases

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Capital One (Wilmington, DE (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Met a recruiter for the analyst program who referred me to this position and another recruiter. Took a verbal and quantitative test and was invited to the Wilmington, DE Powerday. Did 2 case interviews and 2 behavioral interviews. There was an extreme language barrier with one of the interviewers who didn't even mention portions of the case study which she expected me to factor in. It is a very weird interview process in which you do not even necessarily meet people you will be working with or be tested on relevant skills.

Interview Questions

• Evaluate the value of a shipping business based on variable costs.   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capital One.

Interview

The interview can be broken in two categories... Case Interview and Behavioral Interview.

Case interview primarily checks your ability to interpret the data for example if you will be able to see if the company making profit for loss, percentage , graphical representation of data. Simple maths but I would suggest you should revise the formula's for Profit/ Loss and Break Even Analysis,

Behavioral Interview - that's easy, you have to talk about instances that may have come up in your career or you should be smart enough to make one and speak just like Extempore.

Interview Questions

• It really depends, for me it went straight forward so I was fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't Negotiate.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Capital One in July 2013.

Interview

I had an online exam first. I was called for case interview after one week.
    The interview process was easy

Interview Questions

• There were nothing which are unexpected   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

It took a day for the interview and got the offer the next morning. The company's HR is very efficient and organized.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the situation when you and your manager is in conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation space is very narrow.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capital One (Richmond, VA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

After a brief HR talk and passing the written assessment exams (Analytical, Verbal and a behavioral), was called for a face to face interview (had a total of 5 rounds - 2 Behavioral and 3 Case interviews).
    Behavioral was fine (just "Did you ever face this issue and if so what you did" type of questions - total 6 questions (3 with each interviewer).
    Case Interviews - all 3 were very similar with minor changes and all were very math oriented.
    Prepare well for the case interviews by going over the book "Case in Point" - freely available to read online. Although it will not be the same, it will bring you to the mind set of how to approach these case interviews.
    And the entire F2F interview was not hard- but definitely grueling.

Interview Questions

• All 3 case interviews were about CC - was given credit limit, annual APR, avg monthly balance, processing fee, operational cost etc and was asked to find break even point and a bunch of other info.   1 Answer

The offer was lower than my expectations.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.